Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: War, Peace or Inbetween (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed (/showthread.php?tid=1743)

The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-29-2024

Over in the Gender Ideology circus clown priorities...The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed. It says that 'virile', considered 'strongly associated with only men', should be substituted with 'strong or energetic'. LMAO!

[Image: TBL7kZt.jpg]
Quote:The EU has called for 'gendered language' such as 'no man's land' and 'Joe Public' to be axed.

A 61-page document advises policymakers, legislators and the media to revise the order of common phrases such as 'King and Queen' or 'brother and sister' in which the male comes first.

It suggests to 'try swapping the order of these phrases sometimes'.

Bureaucrats say 'Joe Public' should be replaced with 'average citizen' and 'no man's land' should be substituted with 'unclaimed territory'.

Tory MP Nick Fletcher has called the guidelines 'nonsense' and argued that the EU had 'far more serious issues' that it should be concerned about.

The 'Toolkit on Gender-sensitive Communication' document compiled by the The European Institute for Gender Equality highlights language that needs to be changed and notes alternatives.

It also notes that terms such as 'shrill' and 'pushy' have 'strong connotations that are strongly associated with only women' and should be replaced with 'high-pitched' and 'assertive' respectively.

It says that 'virile', considered 'strongly associated with only men', should be substituted with 'strong or energetic'.

[Image: Z1s2kXT.jpg]

The famous Star Trek line, 'To boldly go where no man has gone before', is noted in the bundle as an example for which 'women may be subject to invisibility or omission'.

Don Valley MP Nick Fletcher told The Telegraph: 'I think it's nonsense, especially when there's far more serious issues going on at the moment that we need to be concerned about.

'The EU needs to take a good hard look at themselves and think about what other problems are going on in the world at the moment.'

He added: 'We've got wars being waged, an energy crisis and a lot of countries are dealing with the same kind of problems that we are in the UK.

'Things like this are a waste of our time.'

Former Tory MP Ann Widdecombe told The Sun: 'It's ridiculous.'

Nigel Mills, Conservative MP for Amber Valley, told the newspaper: 'This is utter madness. It's an attack on the English language.'

Even though Britain officially left the EU in January 2020, English is still its official language.

Daily Gendered Mail

Guess we can laugh while we still can.

Sounds like Saul Alinsky tactics.

According to Xi Van Fleet (@XVanFleet; Chinese by birth; American by choice. Survivor of Mao’s Cultural Revolution; book: Mao's America - A Survivor’s Warning; remind you of anyone?) This is how a Communist revolution works:

1. Scrutinize the society (thus Critical Theory) for any injustice, racism, inequality, prejudice, and imperfections.

2. Blame all the societal ills to the system/institutions.

3. Mobilize the so-called oppressed, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, the minorities, people w/ identities.

4. Demonize the rich, the white, the successful, the normal, those who are not compliant.

5. Promise an utopian vision.

6. Call for revolution to destroy the old society.

7. Suppress the so-called oppressed, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, the minorities, people with identities...now that they have served their usefulness.

8. Establish totalitarian regime to enslave the entire population.

I think the West is at stage 5 or maybe 6.

Given the past 4 years it sure seems like the world has been under a global subversive commie/Marxist conspiracy being orchestrated by a hidden hand of Illuminati conspirators. In which if true, we all know what eventually comes next.

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - Infolurker - 01-29-2024

Clown World....

When I first heard the term used I was like.... yeah

It definitely fits.

We now live in Clown World where the insane run the asylum.

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - Freija - 01-29-2024

(01-29-2024, 07:51 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: 8. Establish totalitarian regime to enslave the entire population.

LOL!  Rolleyes

A bit hyperbolic don't you think and perhaps a bit triggered?

Is it stupid? Yes. The downfall of society? Probably not.

It's nothing new either and things have gradually been moving in this direction for quite a while. Language and its usage evolves and changes.

Mailman - letter carrier, postal worker
Chairman - chairperson
Policeman - police officer
Layman - lay person
Mankind - humankind
Waiter/Waitress - server
Fireman - fire fighter
Steward/Stewardess - flight attendant

I'm sure nobody ever has used any of these "new" terms? Better not or the sky might fall!

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - Infolurker - 01-29-2024

No more of this evil Mother and Father crap. Brother and Sister need to go as well.

You are NOT a Mom, you are a Birthing Person! Got that?

Smile 

Science needs to stop using terms like male, female, mother and father, researchers say

https://nypost.com/2023/02/14/science-needs-to-stop-using-male-female-mother-father-researchers/
Quote:Alternatives to terms like “male” and “female” and “mother” and “father” should be sought in science because they assume that sex is binary and heterosexuality is the norm, a group of researchers from the US and Canada suggests.
Male and female should instead be referred to as “sperm-producing” and “egg-producing,” the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) Language Project said, according to the Times of London.
Meanwhile, father and mother should be labeled “parent,” “egg donor” and “sperm donor” in the scientific field.
The group has called on the scientific field to use words that are more “inclusive and precise,” according to a press release from the University of British Columbia, which has three researchers in the initiative.
“Much of Western science is rooted in colonialism, white supremacy and patriarchy, and these power structures continue to permeate our scientific culture,” some project members wrote in the Trends in Ecology and Evolution journal.

University of Manchester advises against using 'mother' and 'father'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-56372118

Biden Admin Replaces 'Mothers' With 'Birthing People' in Maternal Health Guidance

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin-replaces-mothers-birthing-people-maternal-health-guidance-1598343

Why We Need Gender-Inclusive Terms for 'Father' and 'Mother'

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4awa8d/gender-inclusive-definition-father-mother-parent

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - Snarl - 01-30-2024

(01-29-2024, 11:24 PM)Freija Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 07:51 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: 8. Establish totalitarian regime to enslave the entire population.

Is it stupid? Yes.

Meh ... I'm here for something fun.

Let's rename SOB and cocksucker. Some of the classic slurs need a good makeover.

Laughing Laughing

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-30-2024

(01-29-2024, 11:24 PM)Freija Wrote:

LOL!  Rolleyes

A bit hyperbolic don't you think and perhaps a bit triggered?

Is it stupid? Yes. The downfall of society? Probably not.

It's nothing new either and things have gradually been moving in this direction for quite a while. Language and its usage evolves and changes.

Mailman - letter carrier, postal worker
Chairman - chairperson
Policeman - police officer
Layman - lay person
Mankind - humankind
Waiter/Waitress - server
Fireman - fire fighter
Steward/Stewardess - flight attendant

I'm sure nobody ever has used any of these "new" terms? Better not or the sky might fall!

I dunno, maybe but that's her remark/comment on it and since she lived through such a cultural upheaval I figure she might know something better than me. Different perspective at least.

You gotta admit that what has been going on around the world has been really strange as to whatever they (whomever they are) have been trying to do to change society. But yea, all these clownish tactics just keeps everyone guessing and of course distracted.

Also, us here, and my guess is anyone over the age of 50 (maybe 45) is not their target of influences. Like I said, we can laugh now but as our younger generations come of age God knows what the world is going to be like. Between our psychopath parasite elite leadership class and all these new agey movements, who really knows anymore. I also suppose depending on one's age and status in life none of it will really matter in this decade or the next. My demeanor may not always come across vice face-to-face, but I take most all of it going on in the world with a grain of salt along with amusing and sometimes hysterical entertainment.

As to renaming terms & phrases I seem to recall the Stanford elites tried to do this a few years ago. Their website got doxxed and they took it offline. LOL!

That's how the upper class in their ivory towers cast spells on the sheeple. Through words & changing the language. Done before and will be done again.

ETA:
[Image: FfjhRAz.jpg]

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - xuenchen - 01-30-2024

So where's the details for every language and how the terms are used? 

Smile

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-30-2024

And why should I give a flying fuck what the EU wants exactly?
I'm not European and DGAF what they want, wouldn't care even if I was.

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - 727Sky - 01-30-2024

(01-30-2024, 07:31 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: And why should I give a flying fuck what the EU wants exactly?
I'm not European and DGAF what they want, wouldn't care even if I was.

We used to say the same thing about, "why care what California thinks and says".. Little did we know they were like a lethal fungus which is spreading across the land via our schools and universities !!

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - Ninurta - 01-31-2024

Back in the seventies, we laughed at the weirdo unisex folks. 50 years on, they're still around, getting more stupidly insistent, and the joke is stale and not fucking funny any more.

If any of my kids ever called their mom an "egg donor", I'd slap the piss out of them, and then slap them again for pissing.

"How about frying up some more bacon, egg donor!"

"Get yer egg donor ass in the kitchen and make me a sammich!"

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Yes, language changes, but it doesn't undercut the very fabric that allows it to exist in the first place. Not all changes are for the better.

Get used to hearing "Now get your prole asses back into that salt mine!"... that's where this is headed. They don't have to care whether you are male or female to crack the whip and force you to produce for them. All they have to do is dehumanize you enough to get you to dehumanize yourself to make the perfect slave of you. The best way to do that, as Orwell observed, is through language changes that make even the thought of certain realities impossible.

The utopia they want you to believe they are striving for bears no resemblance to the reality they are getting you to make for yourself. It's not an "everyone owns everything, everybody happy!" goal, it's a we own you, we happy, you not so much" reality they are getting you to create for yourselves through creative butchering of language.

In May, 1607, the colony of Jamestown was formed in the land that the English called "Virginia" and the Spanish called "Ajacan". Originally, it was constructed on the utopia principles that communists later ressurected to create societies for the enrichment of their own elites. All land was held in common, and everyone was fed and supplied out of a communal storehouse. What bliss, right?

Wrong.

The net result of that utopia ws that no one worked as hard as they should have, becaue "the other guy" would do it while they were off hunting for gold and whatnot, and besides, they got the same shares out of the communal storehouse as everyone else, regardless of how much or how little they worked for "the benefit of all". How do you suppose that worked out?

at the end of the first winter, out of 105 colonists or so, around 30 emaciated survivors still lived. A "resupply" came in the spring, bringing around 500 more colonists, 60 of which were still alive at the end of the next winter.

It continued in that way until Marshall Sir Tom Dale hit upon the bright idea to parcel plots out to the colonists individually, and told them they could raise enough to feed themselves, and have more left for export if they applied themselves. It was only then that production began to exceed demand, and the colony started to thrive.

They disposed of the utopian notions of a "brotherhood of man" where everyone worked for everyone else and all prospered, because it didn't work and hundreds died to prove it's failure.

Then the communists came along and resurrected the idea of communal utopia... and millions died to prove it wouldn't work.

Now progressives are coming along and trying to resurrect it yet again. Engineered language change is part nd parcel of that resurrection of utopian ideals, and the rest will follow along after they get "your minds right" through the miracle of modern language engineering.

How many of you are willing to die to prove it won't work yet again?

It all starts with controlling your thoughts through controlling what you are ABLE to think, by controlling the language you use.

RE: The EU has called for 'gendered language' to be axed - 727Sky - 01-31-2024

(01-31-2024, 05:15 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Back in the seventies, we laughed at the weirdo unisex folks. 50 years on, they're still around, getting more stupidly insistent, and the joke is stale and not fucking funny any more.

If any of my kids ever called their mom an "egg donor", I'd slap the piss out of them, and then slap them again for pissing.

"How about frying up some more bacon, egg donor!"

"Get yer egg donor ass in the kitchen and make me a sammich!"

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Yes, language changes, but it doesn't undercut the very fabric that allows it to exist in the first place. Not all changes are for the better.

Get used to hearing "Now get your prole asses back into that salt mine!"... that's where this is headed. They don't have to care whether you are male or female to crack the whip and force you to produce for them. All they have to do is dehumanize you enough to get you to dehumanize yourself to make the perfect slave of you. The best way to do that, as Orwell observed, is through language changes that make even the thought of certain realities impossible.

The utopia they want you to believe they are striving for bears no resemblance to the reality they are getting you to make for yourself. It's not an "everyone owns everything, everybody happy!" goal, it's a we own you, we happy, you not so much" reality they are getting you to create for yourselves through creative butchering of language.

In May, 1607, the colony of Jamestown was formed in the land that the English called "Virginia" and the Spanish called "Ajacan". Originally, it was constructed on the utopia principles that communists later ressurected to create societies for the enrichment of their own elites. All land was held in common, and everyone was fed and supplied out of a communal storehouse. What bliss, right?

Wrong.

The net result of that utopia ws that no one worked as hard as they should have, becaue "the other guy" would do it while they were off hunting for gold and whatnot, and besides, they got the same shares out of the communal storehouse as everyone else, regardless of how much or how little they worked for "the benefit of all". How do you suppose that worked out?

at the end of the first winter, out of 105 colonists or so, around 30 emaciated survivors still lived. A "resupply" came in the spring, bringing around 500 more colonists, 60 of which were still alive at the end of the next winter.

It continued in that way until Marshall Sir Tom Dale hit upon the bright idea to parcel plots out to the colonists individually, and told them they could raise enough to feed themselves, and have more left for export if they applied themselves. It was only then that production began to exceed demand, and the colony started to thrive.

They disposed of the utopian notions of a "brotherhood of man" where everyone worked for everyone else and all prospered, because it didn't work and hundreds died to prove it's failure.

Then the communists came along and resurrected the idea of communal utopia... and millions died to prove it wouldn't work.

Now progressives are coming along and trying to resurrect it yet again. Engineered language change is part nd parcel of that resurrection of utopian ideals, and the rest will follow along after they get "your minds right" through the miracle of modern language engineering.

How many of you are willing to die to prove it won't work yet again?

It all starts with controlling your thoughts through controlling what you are ABLE to think, by controlling the language you use.