Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Texas constitutional right to self-defense (/showthread.php?tid=1724)

Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Infolurker - 01-25-2024

Things are heating up with the corrupt Feds.

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1750235544951349275

[Image: Screenshot_20240124_142752_Samsung_Inter-3106063.jpg]

Democrats call on Biden to Federalize the Texas Guard so that they can re-open the flood gates.

Castro calls on Biden to federalize Texas National Guard

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/san-antonio-us-rep-joaquin-castro-calls-on-biden-to-federalize-texas-national-guard-33640489

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - xuenchen - 01-25-2024

Democrat Fascists getting extremely dangerous. More than ever before. Something ready to snap. Get ready people. Get ready. 

Big Eyes

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Ninurta - 01-25-2024

The letter looks like it contains some seriously sound Constitutional legal principle. The first line, the one tht says "The federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States" also sounds pretty ominous. That's the sort of thing the Founders got into the habit of saying just before declaring independence. This has the potential to go south in a hell of a hurry, but what has to be done, has to be done. When a government is no longer responsive to it's citizens, then it is no longer a legitimate government. That is an old principle, set forth in the Declaration of Independence, 1776 version.

The part of the post dealing with calls to "Federalize" the Texas National Guard fits in well with the thread on militias. As I mentioned there, any force intended to be a check on a government cannot be subject to that same government. I think this demonstrates adequately that the various National Guards are not "militias". Instead, they are merely other tentacles of the national standing army. If they were militias, they would only be subject to local and state governments. If Abbott wants to use the Guard as a state militia, he needs to come up with some legal theory that declares them not subject to "federalization", and pronto.

This bears watching, if only to see whether it is merely another shot across the bow for the Feds in a long line of shots across the bow, or whether it is the shot that will provoke them to take action... and that action may not be very pretty. I think we all know that they are not going to enforce national borders until a less lawless monarch sits on the throne in the Oval Office. Until then, the US will remain under attack, with the very people who are supposed to protect us conspiring with the attackers.

I think they used to have a name for that sort of activity, when folks betray the very people they were sworn to protect....

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - kdog - 01-25-2024

My wife has stated if this shit escalates and goes south, we are heading to Texas to protect the grand babies.

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - 727Sky - 01-25-2024

Growing up in Texas and going to school there for many years, "Remember the Alamo" actually meant something as far as standing up for a principle regardless of the sacrifice and numbers against you.

With all the west coast transplants I am actually amazed that "Remember the Alamo" is still alive. WTG Texas !

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Ninurta - 01-25-2024

(01-25-2024, 06:10 AM)kdog Wrote: My wife has stated if this shit escalates and goes south, we are heading to Texas to protect the grand babies.

My advice is don't plan on staying long - just make it a rescue/extraction mission. Just get in, grab the grand babies, and get back out before they know you were ever even there.

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - DonnerPartyOf404 - 01-25-2024

Central Texas here.  I'm ready to play wack a mole with any illegals that get in my way.

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - xuenchen - 01-26-2024

Hand pressed newspapers being printed and distributed by horseback and wagon as we speak.

Biden has nationalized the U.S. Telegraph System!

Biden is asking Generals to assess and create scenarios for recalling The Army of the Potomac!

The Secretary of War has enlisted a Legion of Carrier Pidgeons! 

Cool

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-26-2024

(01-25-2024, 08:16 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(01-25-2024, 06:10 AM)kdog Wrote: My wife has stated if this shit escalates and goes south, we are heading to Texas to protect the grand babies.

My advice is don't plan on staying long - just make it a rescue/extraction mission. Just get in, grab the grand babies, and get back out before they know you were ever even there.

Easier said than done. It's not just the grandkids down there but also kids, parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, cousins, etc. My side of the family are all in Texas and Louisiana.

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Infolurker - 01-26-2024

Texas Calls on Private Citizens To Defend Border, Offers Razor Wire FREE To STOP Biden Smugglers

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - 727Sky - 01-26-2024

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Michigan Swamp Buck - 01-26-2024

Leave Texas now when they are the vanguard of freedom?

Dear Lord, where have the patriots gone?

Join the resistance, don't abandon Texas.

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - 727Sky - 01-26-2024

As weird as this might sound I wonder if some in the Biden regime has cut a money deal with the Cartels. Why else would they be so stupid and allow a land based invasion of the USA ?  Follow the money ?

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Ninurta - 01-27-2024

(01-26-2024, 11:32 PM)727Sky Wrote: As weird as this might sound I wonder if some in the Biden regime has cut a money deal with the Cartels. Why else would they be so stupid and allow a land based invasion of the USA ?  Follow the money ?

Not so far fetched. A couple years ago, Nancy Pelosi led a contingent of congress critters and strap-hangers down to Mexico, and they all mysteriously returned a bit richer than they were when they left the country.

Folks wondered what that was about...

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - 727Sky - 01-27-2024

RE: Texas constitutional right to self-defense - Snarl - 01-28-2024

Pick me up as you're driving past.