Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: Rogue Herbal Revolution (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+--- Thread: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 (/showthread.php?tid=1682)

Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - Leftiris - 01-13-2024

They're finally admitting it.

Marijuana has medical properties and is useful to treat certain ailments.

We said it back in the 90s as teenager's that we'd see this one day.

Why it took them so long is beyond me (cough big pharma).

Marijuana is now a schedule 3 narcotic.

From "Marijuana Moment"
The U.S. government has released hundreds of pages of documents related to its ongoing review of marijuana’s status under federal law, officially confirming for the first time that health officials have recommended the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) place cannabis in Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
The 252 pages of documents from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) explain that cannabis “has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States” and has a “potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in Schedules I and II.”
(Duh!)
Federal health officials said their review found that more than 30,000 healthcare professionals “across 43 U.S. jurisdictions are authorized to recommend the medical use of marijuana for more than six million registered patients for at least 15 medical conditions.

There exists widespread, current experience with medical use of the substance by [health care practitioners] operating in accordance with implemented jurisdiction-authorized programs, where medical use is recognized by entities that regulate the practice of medicine,” HHS said.
Attorney Matt Zorn, to whom the documents were released, sued the government following a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to obtain the rescheduling memo.

And it shook things up, of course.

RE: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - Schmoe - 01-13-2024

Christ, about time, though it shouldn't even be schedule 3.  I wonder what happens to people who've gone to prison or are in prison for decades over selling weed.

It should be even more legal than alcohol, but treated the same.  No driving on it, and there's a time and place for it.

RE: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-13-2024

Just because it qualifies to be rescheduled and it is recommended by the FDA's Controlled Substances staff does not mean that it will be rescheduled. The gap between "can" and "will" is a wide and bottomless chasm of political horse shit.

RE: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - DuckforcoveR - 01-14-2024

(01-13-2024, 10:03 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Just because it qualifies to be rescheduled and it is recommended by the FDA's Controlled Substances staff does not mean that it will be rescheduled. The gap between "can" and "will" is a wide and bottomless chasm of political horse shit.

I was reading the article yesterday and it mentioned a bunch of ex- DEA heads and White House Drug Czars all wrote letters vehemently opposing this move. Like WTF! 

Too much money to be had by keeping law enforcement militarized, our private prisons full, and our ... oh what the hell . Preaching to the choir here.

RE: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - Leftiris - 01-14-2024

(01-14-2024, 01:04 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 10:03 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Just because it qualifies to be rescheduled and it is recommended by the FDA's Controlled Substances staff does not mean that it will be rescheduled. The gap between "can" and "will" is a wide and bottomless chasm of political horse shit.

I was reading the article yesterday and it mentioned a bunch of ex- DEA heads and White House Drug Czars all wrote letters vehemently opposing this move. Like WTF! 

Too much money to be had by keeping law enforcement militarized, our private prisons full, and our ... oh what the hell . Preaching to the choir here.

I'm surprised at the simple fact that they've finally admitting to its medicinal qualitieS. 
We've come a long way from the "reefer madness" propaganda back in the day.

Big pharma, and all its stockholders stand to lose some money once people figure out how much that herbal medicine can help.

I've got a torn rotator cuff that hurts like hell every night. I can barely sleep because of that shoulder.
I rub some of my thc/cbd cream on it------the pain is immediately gone. No pain pills. No addiction. Just relief...

RE: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - Ninurta - 01-14-2024

Schedule I, Schedule III... I don't care. It's still on a CSA Schedule, still a "controlled substance", and still under government control for a weed that grows wild. Seems kinda wrong, any way you cut it. Still just one set of folks trying to dictate how another set of folks lives and takes care of themselves.

With that said, they still haven't moved it from I to III, just a batch of papers claiming they were talking about moving it. Only reason tobacco and alcohol aren't on Schedule I is that the ATF (and lately the FDA, who is stomping all over the ATF's toes with their new "rules" regarding what is and isn't "tobacco") would suddenly have serious deficiencies in their reasons to exist.

Fuck 'em. Run your own life as you see fit, and if they don't like it, they can just stay the hell on their side of the fence, remain in their own damned lane!

RE: Feds drop Marijuana from schedule 1 narcotics down to schedule 3 - Leftiris - 01-14-2024

(01-14-2024, 05:22 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Schedule I, Schedule III... I don't care. It's still on a CSA Schedule, still a "controlled substance", and still under government control for a weed that grows wild. Seems kinda wrong, any way you cut it. Still just one set of folks trying to dictate how another set of folks lives and takes care of themselves.

With that said, they still haven't moved it from I to III, just a batch of papers claiming they were talking about moving it. Only reason tobacco and alcohol aren't on Schedule I is that the ATF (and lately the FDA, who is stomping all over the ATF's toes with their new "rules" regarding what is and isn't "tobacco") would suddenly have serious deficiencies in their reasons to exist.

Fuck 'em. Run your own life as you see fit, and if they don't like it, they can just stay the hell on their side of the fence, remain in their own damned lane!

Fire it up
Puff puff give
Pass it to the left
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1825]