Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Shit Single People Eat - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Shit Single People Eat (/showthread.php?tid=1671)

Shit Single People Eat - MisterSpock - 01-11-2024

Surprised there isn't a food forum here, not that I saw at least.

I'm sure members of better culinary skill have things they would share, if there were such a subforum.

So I guess I'll kick it off, with a heartwarming mixture of what someone who can't cook(can't really do anything) does when the fridge is empty and needs to shove something in their hole.

I have,

a can of beans
an onion
a pepper(green, out of season)
and some meat(in this case, frozen meatballs, italian style)

Put a pan on that thing that heats up(stove)
Put the beans in
Chop some onions, put them in
Chop the pepper, put that in
Put the meatballs in
Sauce would help, I'm going to BBQ it up since the beans are BBQ already so I'll add some more.

Simmer and then eat some of it, put the rest the fridge and have a few more nights of dinner.

RE: Shit Single People Eat - Freija - 01-11-2024

Here's my latest heart clogging belly fat enhancing addiction.

1 box of pasta (bow-ties, rotini or penne will do)
3 tablespoons of butter (more or less if desired)
1 cup olive oil (or more)
8 oz Parmesan cheese (whole container)

Optional: frozen Italian meatballs, quartered

Cook pasta
microwave butter & olive oil in a big bowl so it is melted and warm
dump in cooked pasta & mix thoroughly with meatball pieces
dump in Parmesan cheese and mix more. If it seems dry add more olive oil

This gives me two meals worth ready to eat plus enough for three containers to freeze for those days I'm lazy and want something quick I can thaw in the microwave. I usually get two servings from each container.

After it's frozen and microwaved, it's gooey and delicious with the oil and butter in the bottom of the bowl to swirl things around in. 20 or so minutes to make 6 or 7 meals I can eat throughout the month is not a bad deal.

RE: Shit Single People Eat - DuckforcoveR - 01-12-2024

I swear the old site had one, but I could be wrong. Either way, I would be on that DAILY!

Spock's Culinary Corner perhaps??

RE: Shit Single People Eat - SomeJackleg - 01-12-2024

here's one i got the idea from a spam Tv commercial.

can of spam any style lite or full blown stop your heart kind
cup cooked rice after it's been in fridge and dried out some.
can peas and carrots.
any seasoning that floats your boat and to taste. i use garlic and onion powder.
olive oil
just a tad bit of water

cut spam into strips and then cubes, brown slightly in 4tsp olive oil. in a large enough pan for the rice and peas and carrots to be then add the rice, and peas and carrots and seasoning you like to and stir fry it.

if the there is not enough olive oil to coat everything add a little bit more at a time until it is. then heat until hot.
here is where the water comes in, if it turns out to dry for you can add small amounts until it is moist enough to taste.

i've been thinking about adding green red peppers and sweet onions to the mix.