Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The POWs left behind - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: The POWs left behind (/showthread.php?tid=1667)

The POWs left behind - 727Sky - 01-10-2024

There were 311 to 350 POWs in Laos...How many did we get back ? Answer "0"

There were POWS left in Vietnam that were never returned because the USA would not cough up a few billion dollars (3 to 4.2 depending on who you want to believe) for the North Vietnamese. The French were still paying and getting people back up to the early 80s..

In my unit many of us said the last bullet is for me as I will not become a POW.

Some of our guys with certain technical knowledge ended up in Russia or China to never be seen again.

I can not imagine the hell of living in a Laotian Tiger cage and being chewed on night after night by the mosquitoes only to see the dawn and be sent out on your work detail .. No work no what they called food or you are shot after being hurt in many creative ways.

The people in your company care about you and will try to get you back. The government will too unless it is inconvenient...

RE: The POWs left behind - NightskyeB4Dawn - 01-10-2024

(01-10-2024, 09:44 AM)727Sky Wrote: There were 311 to 350 POWs in Laos...How many did we get back ? Answer "0"

There were POWS left in Vietnam that were never returned because the USA would not cough up a few billion dollars (3 to 4.2 depending on who you want to believe) for the North Vietnamese. The French were still paying and getting people back up to the early 80s..

In my unit many of us said the last bullet is for me as I will not become a POW.

Some of our guys with certain technical knowledge ended up in Russia or China to never be seen again.

I can not imagine the hell of living in a Laotian Tiger cage and being chewed on night after night by the mosquitoes only to see the dawn and be sent out on your work detail .. No work no what they called food or you are shot after being hurt in many creative ways.

The people in your company care about you and will try to get you back. The government will too unless it is inconvenient...

The US will never be as great as we have been programmed and conditioned to be believe it was.

The things that our government has done and is willing to do, to it's own people, shows that a government for the people, by the people, is long gone, if it ever existed in the first place.

RE: The POWs left behind - Bally002 - 01-10-2024

(01-10-2024, 09:44 AM)727Sky Wrote: There were 311 to 350 POWs in Laos...How many did we get back ? Answer "0"

Quite the insight there Sky.  I wonder if other allied POW's suffered the same fate.  

Kind regards,

Bally )

RE: The POWs left behind - Leftiris - 01-10-2024

They should use this for their new recruiting ads.

This is the stuff that really pisses me off.

RE: The POWs left behind - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-11-2024

Hard hitting docu. Unreal, very sad, and maddening.