Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Glad We're Back!! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Glad We're Back!! (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

Glad We're Back!! - Schmoe - 01-02-2024

Merry belated Christmas to everybody and a happy New Year!  Happy Hanukkah if that's your holiday, or Kwanzaa, etc.  Gotta be inclusive these days, right?

Missed this place and all of you, I'm glad the issue was sorted out.  I had to spend my Rogue time over in the bowels of Reddit.  I love and hate Reddit, equally.

To a new year of bashing politicians, alien disclosure, sorting through the bullshit, and general chit chat!  MinusculeCheers

RE: Glad We're Back!! - Michigan Swamp Buck - 01-02-2024

I too am glad to see it back up and running. I put out some threads, one on ATS and another on The Patriot Hangout on Tapatalk. Everyone was concerned, even folks who did not know about Rogue Nation.

RE: Glad We're Back!! - p358 - 01-02-2024

Happy New Year all!

I still don't know what happened or why ... although I think there is a conspiracy ... because this is a site where those things are discussed.

Strangers saying hi. Danger Will Robinson.

Nice to be back.

PSmile

RE: Glad We're Back!! - ChiefD - 01-02-2024

Woo hoo, so glad we’re back! Thanks to all the admins/mods who worked so hard on getting everything back up. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

RE: Glad We're Back!! - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-02-2024

Happy times are back!

[Image: 2eTXIML.jpg]

[Image: c76xe3u.jpg]

RE: Glad We're Back!! - BodhisattvaStyle - 01-02-2024

Hey, everyone.  Glad we're back. I thought this site was done, for sure, this time.

I was following the thread on ATS by MSB about this site being down. I still don't trust what's being said, as far as explanations go, so I'm going to add my OP to this thread. I've kept track of all the issues we've had here recently, with a good timeline of everything going on here in the last few months.

Just in case...
https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1453&highlight=Rogue-nation+attacked

Hope everyone had a good holiday. 2024 will be interesting.

RE: Glad We're Back!! - Freija - 01-02-2024

It’s funny how a group of people can give one a comforting sense of belonging even if you’re the outsider or black sheep among that group and don’t really fit in especially when you have no other group or tribe to belong to or in my case, are a reclusive hermit that rarely ventures beyond the walls of my compound into the real world more than once a month purely out of necessity.

People here may have no fondness for me and there are some here I don’t much care for either but as a whole, the loss and emptiness I felt while RN was down was disheartening and very real especially over Christmas where I felt alone and cut off from the people I wanted to be around and even if I didn’t plan on engaging much. Just knowing you all were here if I wanted to gave me comfort but then you weren’t and it was weird and unsettling.

Seeing the site once again come to life in the same old comfy shoes lifted my spirits and brought me joy so I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for the dedication and commitment to the powers that be for keeping the lights on and the fires burning which means a lot to an old cow like me.

RE: Glad We're Back!! - BIAD - 01-02-2024

(01-02-2024, 07:34 AM)Freija Wrote: It’s funny how a group of people can give one a comforting sense of belonging even if you’re the outsider or black sheep among that group and don’t really fit in especially when you have no other group or tribe to belong to or in my case, are a reclusive hermit that rarely ventures beyond the walls of my compound into the real world more than once a month purely out of necessity.

People here may have no fondness for me and there are some here I don’t much care for either but as a whole, the loss and emptiness I felt while RN was down was disheartening and very real especially over Christmas where I felt alone and cut off from the people I wanted to be around and even if I didn’t plan on engaging much. Just knowing you all were here if I wanted to gave me comfort but then you weren’t and it was weird and unsettling.

Seeing the site once again come to life in the same old comfy shoes lifted my spirits and brought me joy so I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for the dedication and commitment to the powers that be for keeping the lights on and the fires burning which means a lot to an old cow like me.

I quietly prided myself on perceiving the internet and its many avenues with a wary non-committal eye
and the notion that one never truly knows who one is communicating with. But these last few days...
I missed you all.
Shy

RE: Glad We're Back!! - Macsen191 - 01-02-2024

I'm glad RN is back! I have come to enjoy this site very much and was worried it wouldn't be back.

RE: Glad We're Back!! - BodhisattvaStyle - 01-02-2024

(01-02-2024, 02:43 PM)Macsen191 Wrote: I'm glad RN is back! I have come to enjoy this site very much and was worried it wouldn't be back.

Welcome, Macsen19.
You are now a fellow rogue.  Cool

(01-02-2024, 07:34 AM)Freija Wrote: It’s funny how a group of people can give one a comforting sense of belonging even if you’re the outsider or black sheep among that group and don’t really fit in especially when you have no other group or tribe to belong to or in my case, are a reclusive hermit that rarely ventures beyond the walls of my compound into the real world more than once a month purely out of necessity.

I'm feelin this...

I went thru the same thing, Freija; and i see now we are kindred spirits, in similar situations of life. 

((Just wanted you to know, you are not alone))

One Love!

RE: Glad We're Back!! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 01-02-2024

(01-02-2024, 08:32 AM)BIAD Wrote:

I quietly prided myself on perceiving the internet and its many avenues with a wary non-committal eye
and the notion that one never truly knows who one is communicating with. But these last few days...
I missed you all.
Shy

Ditto!  In love

I can seriously relate.

Blessfully quiet around here during the holiday weeks. Only 2 of us was holding down the fort, so it was more than a blessing that it was quiet.

I too missed the place and all of you.

(01-02-2024, 02:43 PM)Macsen191 Wrote: I'm glad RN is back! I have come to enjoy this site very much and was worried it wouldn't be back.

For some reason I didn't think it wouldn't come back up. I expected it to come back, and I kept checking.

ATS was my first forum, and became the place where I kept returning, after trying too many other sites, and I just could not put up with the incivility, and the hostilities, until they went down the last time and was reset. I did not re-register, so I just lurk now.

I have been decreasing my online time. I have so much to do and I want to do more. I like that I can't respond to some of the post, because most of the time, I don't have anything of value to add that I have not already said before, and if I did, most folk don't want to hear it anyway.  Smile

Glad we are back. Rogue Nation has gotten me through a lot of long lonely nights waiting for that call to come. Those last 3 hours of a 16 hour or 24 hour call, goes by so much faster with the Shoutbox keeping me awake.

I love this place and all the folks here. Especially at Christmas season, since I am from the Island of Misfit Toys.  Love it

RE: Glad We're Back!! - Stonerwilliam - 01-06-2024

These blips seem to be happening regularly to sites these days and is always blamed on server problems and code changes .

Or it could be GCHQ etc attracting all he autistic kids with code challenges and prizes ?

RE: Glad We're Back!! - Cvastar - 01-09-2024

Thank you Schmoe; I haven't been on in a good while as I'd seen that RN was down over at ATS.  Hopefully the bugs have been worked out.

RE: Glad We're Back!! - Snarl - 01-09-2024

(01-02-2024, 07:34 AM)Freija Wrote: People here may have no fondness for me

Oh shut up, Freija.  Love it

How did I miss this thread earlier?