Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
When a bear comes a-calling - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Animal House (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+--- Thread: When a bear comes a-calling (/showthread.php?tid=1625)

When a bear comes a-calling - Ninurta - 12-20-2023

This is the look of a bear that has a moral certitude that your yard is actually her yard:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1760]

This is the look of a bear when she is trying to decide whether she can run through you before you can run through her:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1761]

This is the look of a bear when she decides you are either not worth the trouble, OR there must be something dangerously wrong with you because you are not running away squealing like a little girl. Mere humans are supposed to run away squealing from bears.. unless there is something broken in the head... and broken heads make for dangerous opponents. Probably safer just to walk away:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1762]

RE: When a bear comes a-calling - Schmoe - 01-01-2024

I don't like those fuckers.  At least have the decency to kill me before you start eating  Laughing

RE: When a bear comes a-calling - SomeJackleg - 01-01-2024

we had one a couple months back knock over the dumpster in front of the house. i went looking to see where they drug the trash bags to in the woods. i stepped off the trail and saw her about 50 foot in front of me rootin through the bags. 

i yelled at her she stood up and yelled back. then i saw her cub, i  figured if we were gonna yell at one another better leave and come back with one of my shotguns and a hog leg. decided i best wait cause fl frowned on shootin bears at the time. now you can just say you were in fear for your dogs or your life, or they were damaging your property.

course i'd never shoot one unless absolutely had to they just trying to find something to eat where they use to have lots of woods before developers started building.

RE: When a bear comes a-calling - Ninurta - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 07:31 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote: we had one a couple months back knock over the dumpster in front of the house. i went looking to see where they drug the trash bags to in the woods. i stepped off the trail and saw her about 50 foot in front of me rootin through the bags. 

i yelled at her she stood up and yelled back. then i saw her cub, i  figured if we were gonna yell at one another better leave and come back with one of my shotguns and a hog leg. decided i best wait cause fl frowned on shootin bears at the time. now you can just say you were in fear for your dogs or your life, or they were damaging your property.

course i'd never shoot one unless absolutely had to they just trying to find something to eat where they use to have lots of woods before developers started building.

One of my sisters works at a school in the next county over, and there is a bear that has incorporated the school dumpsters into it's rounds. She says the bear particularly likes it when the cafeteria has tacos... maybe yet another import from Mexico?

I won't shoot a bear unless I'm hungry, or it attacks. So far, none have attacked. They either just stand there and watch, or run away at the first sign of me. I saw one do handsprings to get away, and all I had to do was raise my arms and yell "ARRRRRGH!"

I think it was the element of surprise that got to it.

My local momma bear here had 3 cubs this year. She usually only has one or two. She and two cubs were here to greet us on the day we moved in.

She's more welcoming than some of the neighbors!