Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
With a straight face they can lie - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: With a straight face they can lie (/showthread.php?tid=1598)

With a straight face they can lie - 727Sky - 12-12-2023

Got to wonder if they believe this stuff or are they paid to lie for the WEF Democratic party ?

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Schmoe - 12-12-2023

Could very well be both.  If they actually believe the stupidity coming out of their mouths, then they're not getting paid to lie, they're just getting paid to spread the truth.  In their "minds."

Or, if they know they're lying, and getting paid to do it, that still makes them stupid.  I think some of them are simply brainwashed.  They grew up with these ideals, and simply parrot whatever they hear from their camp.

There was a girl hired at my company, who would go around sagely repeating whatever recent bullshit flowed out of AOC's mouth.  I'd be standing there listening to her, half listening really, probably drooling a little, and wondering if she actually believes what she was saying.

RE: With a straight face they can lie - BIAD - 12-12-2023

Theatre comes in many forms and the political stage is a well-trodden platform for those
who desire to enhance their careers through playing a role of someone who seeks a goal.

One must put themselves in that position if one wishes to perceive what is really going on.
A person would be aware that many eyes would be upon them. How would you feel if you
presumed your query would draw attention to you...? Would you feel self-conscious? Would
your cheeks turn red and your voice falter slightly?

A camera pointed in one's direction today doesn't hold the same foreboding it once had for
regular person. The public have been trained to appreciate popularity to a point where it has
become a need for many, a vehicle that brings way of supposedly gauging oneself against
one's peers and this form of infotainment is ideal for Journalists to promote their careers.

They never ask a question that would be relevant to the average Joe in the street and most
of the time it's simply a way of implying a supposed high intelligence. Buzzwords and vogue
phrases are commonplace in their vocabulary, a manner often seen in social-media and a way
of inferring they are familiar with a younger audience's lexicon.

Listen out for the codes they use. 'Clearly' is a regular one, why would this word be used?
Well, it's to express that a statement is beyond discussion to a listener and since their narrative
has now been stated as a fact -and the listener had to be told this, it means the listener needs
to hear other information that they may not be aware of. It's putting an audience in the position
of 'catch-up'.

This types of theatre comes from both sides because many politicians and Journalists understand
the art of entertaining. One only needs to consider what fashionable situations the world has
undergone lately.

We had a global disease that killed millions of people and could only be destroyed by a quickly
-created and long-term untested drug.

We had a war in the Ukraine against a vicious country known to have nuclear capabilities.

Electric cars, the future of transport and not a word about -or by OPEC.

We are told the Earth is going through a 'boiling' period due to our lack of caring and by
sending massive funds to an undisclosed group, the planet may return to normal.

We are told extra-terrestrials have been visiting our planet and the US military have vehicles
that could possibly assist in our global-warming crisis. 

Stay with us after these important messages and Leonard will be joining us in the studio
to talk about his harrowing and historical experience at a wine-tasting meeting.
Clearly, a discussion you won't want to miss. Now... here's Amy with the weather.
Sure

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Snarl - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 07:13 AM)Schmoe Wrote: I think some of them are simply brainwashed.

I do too.

People are brainwashed/indoctrinated from the minute they start watching TV. Schools reinforce a Lot of it by rewarding kids with grades if they answer questions correctly.

What is happening should be recognized. A law should be written. That law should specify the scope of those who should be punished for "going along with it". The law should define a singular punishment (no sliding scale ... hard & fast ... no deviation ... no possibility of a pardon). A speedy trial should be enforced and punishment should occur within ten minutes of the court being adjourned.

I'll guarantee you the shenanigans would be over with within an instant of the passage of THAT law.

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Ninurta - 12-12-2023

That was High-larious!

It's not that they are "lying" - although they are - it's tht they are cherry-picking their stats. Gas prices? Sure, they're "down", but they are down from a high that Bidenomics itself created. They're down to 3 bucks from a high of 5 bucks a gallon, that high created by Biden himself. If we compare them to the prices when Trump left office, they are still 150% higher than under Trump.

I don't call that a "price reduction", but the BidenHarris regime apparently does.

All they did was raise the prices astronomically so they could "drop" them again and claim they are reducing prices when in the real world they are still raised. Smoke and mirrors, a magician's trick, sleight of hand.

Same for their "job creation" figures. They count jobs that already existed, which they crashed with their covid response, and then recovered, as "newly created" jobs. In reality, the jobs already existed, but were artificially eliminated due to piss-poor management of the economy under covid. Then when the covid response was over they dusted off a few of the same old jobs, "brought them back", and then claimed they were brand new jobs rather than retreads. Just more sleight of hand.

Inflation? They just figured out a new "fun with numbers" way to calculate inflation that makes it look lower. On top of that, they only use the inflation rate rather than actual inflation numbers. Between the two methods, they are making inflation appear to be dropping when in fact it is still accelerating.

Between the knock-on effects of a minimum wage hike from 7.50 an hour to 12.50 an hour here in Virginia and inflation combined in, I just spent 30.00 for a take out meal last week that would have cost me about 10.00 under Trump. I don't call that good economics, especially when we factor in the fact that I'm in unemployment limbo, with far less income than I had under Trump. The two combine to make things pretty damned tight.

Unemployment numbers? They get "the lowest unemployment ever" by the sleight of hand of just not counting folks who are out of the work force but who have timed-out from an ability to collect unemployment as "not unemployed", so that they can artificially drive those numbers down, too. I know, because I am in that group. I've been out of work since November 2019, and off unemployment since August 2020, so I don't count in those figures. something like 80 million other Americans are in the same boat. So, we are not "retired", and we are not "employed", but we do not count as "unemployed", either because we are not collecting unemployment. We are just in statistics limbo as far as the BidenHarris regime is concerned.

If they weren't just having fun with numbers, real-world US unemployment would be around 25% rather than the 4 or 5% they are claiming, the worst since the Jimmy Carter regime. The same can be said for inflation if the real numbers were being used - the worst since the Carter regime, when it was in the double-digits, too. Job creation? If we factor out the jobs that have only been brought back after the plandemic rather than claiming they are "newly created", the BidenHarris regime is probably in the hole for job creation, without creating any new jobs at all.

So basically us proles can feel the pain, know the pain at a gut level and institively, while the BidenHarris regime uses Newspeak to tell us that it's just raining while they piss down our backs, and expect us to believe it.

Too funny the way they can say that shit with a straight face! It's all just fun with numbers,, lies, DAMNED lies, and "statistics". They have an exciting future in the straight-man business for comedy acts after they get drummed out of office!

RE: With a straight face they can lie - xuenchen - 12-12-2023

That little snot Karine is professionally trained to act and lie. But she only gets a C- grade because she's too obvious and snippy.

[Image: fzvh.gif]

RE: With a straight face they can lie - stilhuman - 12-12-2023

they need to start adding laugh tracks to the news. its become great comedy!

RE: With a straight face they can lie - SomeJackleg - 12-12-2023

they wouldn't have to lie if we trusted them.

RE: With a straight face they can lie - 727Sky - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 08:37 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote: they wouldn't have to lie if we trusted them.

They would not have to lie if any of their programs were actually working for the betterment of the nation and it's people. Hurray

RE: With a straight face they can lie - dbcowboy - 12-12-2023

If politicians told the truth, they'd be thrown in jail or worse.

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Freija - 12-13-2023

As member of a demographic that gets lied about all the time, the right can't claim to be any better except when they do it, it is used to pass discriminatory laws.

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Schmoe - 12-13-2023

(12-13-2023, 12:36 AM)Freija Wrote: As member of a demographic that gets lied about all the time, the right can't claim to be any better except when they do it, it is used to pass discriminatory laws.

They're all trash, left AND right.

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Ninurta - 12-13-2023

(12-13-2023, 12:36 AM)Freija Wrote: As member of a demographic that gets lied about all the time, the right can't claim to be any better except when they do it, it is used to pass discriminatory laws.

The case can be made that ALL laws are discriminatory, regardless of whether passed by the Right or the Left. After all, laws only work against folks that want to do whatever they are passed against, and don't really inconvenience the folks who don't want to do that particular thing... which is invariably the very folks that pass the law to begin with. They only want to control OTHER folks' lives, not their own.

I'll never understand why no one, whether Right or Left, can't just say "I'll do me, you do you, and we can meet on Saturday at the park for a picnic and discuss how the week went" without having to codify behavior to attempt the absolute control of other people via the monopoly the State has on violence to control others not them.

Personally, I put it down to fear and insecurities. Only fearful, insecure folk have an irrational need to control everything around them, or everything that might ever GET around them. Only the fearful and insecure need to micromanage everyone else's business lest those behaviors spiral out of their control in their vicinity.

I'm a member of a demographic that gets lied about all the time, too. Several demographics in fact - "old white male", "gun owner", "hillbilly", the list goes on and on.

Aren't we all, when it gets right down to it?

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Freija - 12-13-2023

(12-13-2023, 03:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm a member of a demographic that gets lied about all the time, too. Several demographics in fact - "old white male", "gun owner", "hillbilly", the list goes on and on.

Remind me again how many laws have been proposed and passed in the last year against old white men, gun owners and hillbillies?  Huh

RE: With a straight face they can lie - Ninurta - 12-13-2023

(12-13-2023, 04:32 AM)Freija Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 03:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm a member of a demographic that gets lied about all the time, too. Several demographics in fact - "old white male", "gun owner", "hillbilly", the list goes on and on.

Remind me again how many laws have been proposed and passed in the last year against old white men, gun owners and hillbillies?  Huh

Just in Virginia, or nationwide? And do you just want "laws passed", or laws that were scheduled for repeal and weren't included?