Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! (/showthread.php?tid=1544)

Pages: 1 2

Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Infolurker - 11-29-2023

This has promise of actually being funny.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - BodhisattvaStyle - 11-29-2023

(11-29-2023, 04:02 AM)Infolurker Wrote: This has promise of actually being funny.

I got a good laugh out of this first thing this morning. Thanks I'd watch indefinitely, it looks hilarious.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - quintessentone - 11-29-2023

It certainly gave me a chuckle, so yeah I'll give it a boo. 

Clean joke was the chuckle:

Guy says: I can be a woman on the court and a man in the bedroom.

Little Girl: Do you mean when you're sleeping.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Freija - 11-29-2023

For the other side of the story....

Rightwingers made a “comedy” movie attacking trans women in sports & it looks terrible

Quote:The far-right and viciously anti-trans Daily Wire has announced its first feature-length comedy film written to mock trans women and girls who are fighting for the right to participate in sports as their gender.

A trailer for the film entitled Lady Ballers depicts a group of cisgender men deciding to pretend to be trans women and join a women’s basketball league as one team with the intent of dominating the sport.

The trailer calls the film the “most triggering comedy of the year,” a derisive reference to the right-wing narrative that progressives are “snowflakes” who are easily triggered. This is ironic, considering that the people at The Daily Wire were so triggered by the existence of trans people that they made an entire movie about something that has never happened.

Clips also show the film mocking trans activist Dylan Mulvaney – who is not a professional athlete at all – and reveal a cameo by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Another scene also shows the actors disrespecting the concept of trans identities by saying it’s also possible to be “trans age” and play on children’s sports teams as adults. The trailer then cuts to an adult severely injuring a child during a baseball game.

The film stars several Daily Wire commentators, including one of its most well-known, Matt Walsh, who is known for his own anti-trans film, What is a Woman?

Lady Ballers also features commentators like Michael Knowles and Ben Shapiro, as well as anti-trans activist Riley Gaines (now Riley Barker after getting married). While Gaines and others like her have argued that trans women participating in sports is an attack on cisgender women, the entire premise of the film appears to be that cis women are terrible at sports and that cis men are naturally superior.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Chiefsmom - 11-29-2023

Hell yeah, that looks funny.

It is going to get roasted though.  In the media. Oh yeah, just looked it up. Articles slamming it, but the comments sections are worth reading.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Snarl - 11-29-2023

(11-29-2023, 05:51 PM)Freija Wrote: For the other side of the story....

Rightwingers made a “comedy” movie attacking trans women in sports & it looks terrible

I wasn't going to watch it anyway.  Laughing

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Infolurker - 11-30-2023

(11-29-2023, 06:05 PM)Snarl Wrote:

I am, it looks funny as hell.

Have you seen what has been passing for comedy lately?

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Snarl - 11-30-2023

(11-30-2023, 12:24 AM)Infolurker Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 06:05 PM)Snarl Wrote:

I am, it looks funny as hell.

Have you seen what has been passing for comedy lately?

LOL ... Me too. I was just poking at Freija.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - EndtheMadnessNow - 11-30-2023

Ah, Daily Wire cringe just in time for Xmas. Looks hilarious but my mom, err I mean Freija said it's forbidden.  Rolleyes

[Image: JwdR3h7.jpg]
https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1729688919128605092

[Image: A0omOV5.jpg]

The show will probably end up creating a whole new cult. Laughing

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - GeauxHomeLittleD - 11-30-2023

I will for certain be watching it as it looks hilarious!
And for people who get their knickers in a twist over it: It's comedy. When Johnny Knoxville made that movie pretending to be mentally disabled to win the Special Olympics my cousin (who has high end Down Syndrome and a college degree) damned near fell over laughing her ass off!

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - dbcowboy - 11-30-2023

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Freija - 11-30-2023

(11-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Snarl Wrote: LOL ... Me too. I was just poking at Freija.

Don’t poke me bro! You’ve known me long enough to know Freija can and will poke back! Smile

Trans people in sports is not a hill I’m willing to die on unless you’re talking kids that haven’t been through puberty and if you want to support the spreading of misinformation, lies and the hateful anti-trans rhetoric and propaganda of the Daily Wire and find comedy at the expense of others your cup of tea, that’s your business. Just don’t expect it to bolster my respect for you.

Make no mistake about this “comedy” that includes some of the worst anti-trans propagandists in the media, it is made to disparage, denigrate and mock trans people as its sole purpose and it’s not that my knickers are in a twist or I can’t take a joke but in this case and considering the source and their history, I can’t see this as other than hateful agenda driven garbage.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - kdog - 11-30-2023

(11-30-2023, 05:20 AM)Freija Wrote:

Don’t poke me bro! You’ve known me long enough to know Freija can and will poke back! Smile

Trans people in sports is not a hill I’m willing to die on unless you’re talking kids that haven’t been through puberty and if you want to support the spreading of misinformation, lies and the hateful anti-trans rhetoric and propaganda of the Daily Wire and find comedy at the expense of others your cup of tea, that’s your business. Just don’t expect it to bolster my respect for you.

Make no mistake about this “comedy” that includes some of the worst anti-trans propagandists in the media, it is made to disparage, denigrate and mock trans people as its sole purpose and it’s not that my knickers are in a twist or I can’t take a joke but in this case and considering the source and their history, I can’t see this as other than hateful agenda driven garbage.

Comedy has a place in society and if you get butt hurt by it, so be it. 

How many people got butt hurt by this movie ?  

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - GeauxHomeLittleD - 11-30-2023

I think if the knickers fit then wear them! If I got all butthurt every time Cajun people and/or Texans are made fun of and denigrated and propagandized against in movies (especially by liberals) I'd spend my life being pissed at the world. If everybody else can be made fun of (and they absolutely CAN) then trans people are no more special than the rest of us and are fair game.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Snarl - 11-30-2023

Laughing
If I hadn't know you long enough ... I wouldn't be comfortable enough.

People forget I almost never watch the boob-tube. I might stop and look if I see the wife looking at something interesting, but not likely more than 5 minutes.

I'm tired of people being just plain mean to one another. Sick of it even.

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Freija - 11-30-2023

(11-30-2023, 04:29 PM)Snarl Wrote: If I hadn't know you long enough ... I wouldn't be comfortable enough.

Fair enough, Snarly. I'll give you a pass.  Smile

There are several things that some here might not be aware of or consider that I’d like to point out. Not that that is going to change anyone’s mind or influence opinions but my hope is that it might broaden perspectives a bit?

First of all, as a person of a long ago transsexual experience, I come from a place of great privilege as this aspect of my life’s history in the real world is unknown outside of my closest confidantes and family. What happens in this sociopolitical climate of pro or anti trans dialog and rhetoric, isn’t going to affect me one way or another and on a personal level, I could easily ignore all of it, not give a shit and go on about my life as normal. I am not an activist or part of the modern so called “transgender movement” and in fact, find much of the narrative surrounding pro-trans activism to be ludicrous and obnoxioius and even the word transgender is not one I use self descriptively because it is overly nebulous in definition to the point of meaning everything and nothing at the same time and it has become a politicized dogwhistle to some extent.

But, some degree of tribalism is present in all of us often connected by shared experiences, aspirations or challenges and it is intrinsic human nature to relate to or seek out others with certain commonalities that may help to define our own experiences. I am not oblivious to the idea that transsexualism is a subset falling under the global transgender umbrella whether I like it or not therefore by default, even if marginally and as much as I would like to ignore it, I have connections to this tribe and it is hard to overlook the negative things socially and politically that are going on even if they don’t affect me directly but what kind of person would I be if I didn’t empathize a little bit with others that might be affected and try to bring something to the table even if it is posting in their defense on the internet?

There is a vast difference between the parody and satire from the likes of Mel Brooks, Matt Stone and Trey Parker (South Park) as they are equal opportunity offenders that poke fun at everyone and every minority and the likes of Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro and Michael Knowles, who has called for the eradication of trans people from public life, and their politically driven history and ongoing crusade of attacking the transgender community.

It is not that I don’t have a sense of humor or can’t appreciate parody and satire but in the case of this production, considering where it is coming from and the parties involved, it is undoubtedly driven from a place of hate and negativity using their “comedy” as a mask to denigrate and disparage trans people as everything they have done is to that end and inherent to their personalities and ideology.

My point being, consider the source and their intent which is little more than mean spirited putting down trans people, firing up conservatives and driving traffic to the Daily Wire. If you all want to be participants in that, go right ahead, you’ll probably even laugh if it isn’t terrible but keep in mind there are also probably people being hurt by it in one way or another and if you have no problem with that, more power to you even if I think it is pretty shitty way to be.

I've said my bit here and now am done.

Cheers!

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - EndtheMadnessNow - 11-30-2023

(11-30-2023, 04:29 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Laughing
If I hadn't know you long enough ... I wouldn't be comfortable enough.

People forget I almost never watch the boob-tube. I might stop and look if I see the wife looking at something interesting, but not likely more than 5 minutes.

I'm tired of people being just plain mean to one another. Sick of it even.

Beware...

[Image: PMRZd9j.gif]

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - dbcowboy - 11-30-2023

(11-30-2023, 06:49 PM)Freija Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 04:29 PM)Snarl Wrote: If I hadn't know you long enough ... I wouldn't be comfortable enough.

Fair enough, Snarly. I'll give you a pass.  Smile

There are several things that some here might not be aware of or consider that I’d like to point out. Not that that is going to change anyone’s mind or influence opinions but my hope is that it might broaden perspectives a bit?

First of all, as a person of a long ago transsexual experience, I come from a place of great privilege as this aspect of my life’s history in the real world is unknown outside of my closest confidantes and family. What happens in this sociopolitical climate of pro or anti trans dialog and rhetoric, isn’t going to affect me one way or another and on a personal level, I could easily ignore all of it, not give a shit and go on about my life as normal. I am not an activist or part of the modern so called “transgender movement” and in fact, find much of the narrative surrounding pro-trans activism to be ludicrous and obnoxioius and even the word transgender is not one I use self descriptively because it is overly nebulous in definition to the point of meaning everything and nothing at the same time and it has become a politicized dogwhistle to some extent.

But, some degree of tribalism is present in all of us often connected by shared experiences, aspirations or challenges and it is intrinsic human nature to relate to or seek out others with certain commonalities that may help to define our own experiences. I am not oblivious to the idea that transsexualism is a subset falling under the global transgender umbrella whether I like it or not therefore by default, even if marginally and as much as I would like to ignore it, I have connections to this tribe and it is hard to overlook the negative things socially and politically that are going on even if they don’t affect me directly but what kind of person would I be if I didn’t empathize a little bit with others that might be affected and try to bring something to the table even if it is posting in their defense on the internet?

There is a vast difference between the parody and satire from the likes of Mel Brooks, Matt Stone and Trey Parker (South Park) as they are equal opportunity offenders that poke fun at everyone and every minority and the likes of Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro and Michael Knowles, who has called for the eradication of trans people from public life, and their politically driven history and ongoing crusade of attacking the transgender community.

It is not that I don’t have a sense of humor or can’t appreciate parody and satire but in the case of this production, considering where it is coming from and the parties involved, it is undoubtedly driven from a place of hate and negativity using their “comedy” as a mask to denigrate and disparage trans people as everything they have done is to that end and inherent to their personalities and ideology.

My point being, consider the source and their intent which is little more than mean spirited putting down trans people, firing up conservatives and driving traffic to the Daily Wire. If you all want to be participants in that, go right ahead, you’ll probably even laugh if it isn’t terrible but keep in mind there are also probably people being hurt by it in one way or another and if you have no problem with that, more power to you even if I think it is pretty shitty way to be.

I've said my bit here and now am done.

Cheers!

Personally, I'd wait until the film came out and watched it before any serious commentary.

Plenty of movies have "looked funny", "looked scary", "looked great", until they weren't.

I won't add any serious commentary about this film until I see it.

Smile

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Snarl - 12-04-2023

(11-30-2023, 10:18 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I won't add any serious commentary about this film until I see it.

Smile

Laughing Laughing

RE: Finally, A Comedy Movie worth watching! - Infolurker - 12-05-2023

(12-04-2023, 05:58 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 10:18 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I won't add any serious commentary about this film until I see it.

Smile

Laughing Laughing

Looks like they sent the FBI to harass and arrest one of the stars of the movie on their way home from the Premiere. Surely no Coincidence here is there??? 

FBI is publicly reminding conservatives of exactly who they are working for. Public for the purpose of intimidation (or so they say). 

https://100percentfedup.com/conservative-actor-reportedly-arrested-by-fbi-for-charges-related-to-j6/

Meanwhile:

‘Lady Ballers’ Earns Stunning 97% Review Score On Rotten Tomatoes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/lady-ballers-earns-stunning-97percent-review-score-on-rotten-tomatoes/ar-AA1kZznw