Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
“Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 (/showthread.php?tid=153)

“Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - Freija - 12-05-2022

For years, my state had fought against the concept of a National ID for reasons of autonomy and privacy but then the sneaky government came up with the Real ID plan as a workaround withholding the ability to board domestic air flights without one as the enforcement tool. Your regular driver’s license didn’t qualify unless you upgraded to a Real ID.

Real ID was set to go into effect May 3, 2023 after the deadline was already extended in 2020 and 2021. Now the deadline has been extended to May 2025 due in part to “lingering impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic” so at least something good came out of it!

I had and have no intention of getting a “Real ID” and with the rise of the TSA Security Theatre shitshow, no intention of getting on a plane either so this is good news and maybe now my state DOT will stop sending me emails reminding me I need to get a Real ID. Screw that. This “show us your papers” bullshit to air travel I foresee in the future will be show us your papers to cross state lines, open a bank or credit card account, rent an apartment, get married, etc.

If I live that long, I’ll be 70 years old in 2025 and still won’t play the Real ID game.

RE: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-05-2022

REAL ID to fly.

NO ID to vote.

What a crazy world we live in.

The gov's version of the $8 blue check mark? Which will happen first: flying cars, humans on Mars, we're all chipped with Elon's Neurolink, or REAL ID enforcement?

Ha, didn't this REAL ID bullshit originate because of a SCOTUS decision from 2005 Act of Congress, due to the foreigner documents blowback from 9/11. If enforcement and enactment can be postponed 17, err 20 YEARS, it doesn’t need to happen at all. Gov bureaucracy at its finest once again.

The year is 2050. The US Sec of Galactic Security announces an extension of the REAL ID implementation deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many journalists from all over the Solar System.

Conspiracy lore across the Interwebs for years has been predicting big things, big changes, big somethin, to happen in 2025.

RE: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - Ninurta - 12-05-2022

Same here. I'm not playing that shit. The last time I renewed my DL, the DMV wanted me to get a "RealID".

I asked them if the other kind was a FakeID then.

They said no, but you won't be able to get into a federal building or board a plane.

I told them I had no desire to enter a federal building or a plane, and if the Feds wanted me in one, they could figure out a way to make that happen without my complicity.

I've not heard anything from them since, no insistence that I get one any more. I just kind of made it clear where I stand on the issue, and they've left me alone ever since.

RE: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - Ninurta - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 10:02 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: REAL ID to fly.

NO ID to vote.

What a crazy world we live in.

We have to have photo ID to vote here, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We no longer get voter ID cards - they just keep the registration on the voter rolls, then check your ID when you go in to vote against the rolls. Simples.

RE: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - kdog - 12-05-2022

Last time I flew on a plane was last year to fly to Idaho to rescue my daughter from her turned crackhead boyfriend. 

I don't plan on flying again, but with both of our parents getting up there in age and living 700 to 1000 miles away,which both can be driving in a day or two, might have to take a plane in an emergency.

I'm glad it was delayed because I need to get a social security card and what ever other paper work I would need. But then, I don't know what I would to get a new card and I dread having to go downtown to the SS office to get a new one. 

I have been on this planet for 58 years and have never left the states, why do I have to prove who the fuck I am.

RE: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - Snarl - 12-06-2022

(12-05-2022, 11:20 PM)kdog Wrote: Last time I flew on a plane was last year to fly to Idaho to rescue my daughter from her turned crackhead boyfriend. 

I don't plan on flying again, but with both of our parents getting up there in age and living 700 to 1000 miles away,which both can be driving in a day or two, might have to take a plane in an emergency.

I'm glad it was delayed because I need to get a social security card and what ever other paper work I would need. But then, I don't know what I would to get a new card and I dread having to go downtown to the SS office to get a new one. 

I have been on this planet for 58 years and have never left the states, why do I have to prove who the fuck I am.

Make sure you bring in some mail with your name and address on it. Makes it easier. Or, you'll have to wait to get your new DL mailed to ya.  It's like 5 days (voice of experience here)  ... so whatevahs.  The Social Security Card thing is a bit of a challenge because you've got to know where to go and when to go there. At 58, if you need a SS card, get up and go get'r done. There's a bit of a wait on that end (possibly) too.

RE: “Real ID” deadline pushed back to May 2025 - ChiefD - 12-06-2022

While I don't plan on every flying anywhere again, I may be taking Amtrak somewhere. Being federal, I would probably need a Real ID to go on a train somewhere. Not that Amtrak checks ID's much, but you know. Also, I may want to get on a military base. I have a retired military ID, but that may not be enough anymore. Who knows? Otherwise, I agree with all of you. It is just more government bureaucracy bullshit. I'm glad they postponed it again. I really wasn't relishing having to go to my county clerk's office to get a birth certificate with the raised seal, then going and waiting around at my local DMV to get it converted, all for an extra charge of course, and all that crap. That's what they told me they needed from me to change my driver's license to a Real ID one. Screw all that noise.