Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Imaginarium (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Forum: Rogue's Writers Contests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=118)
+--- Thread: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] (/showthread.php?tid=150)

OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Gordi - 12-05-2022

This is an OFFICIAL ROGUE NATION SHORT STORY CONTEST thread.
(*The VERY FIRST ONE, for our first Christmas, in our "brand new home" awww.)

The Theme?

CHRISTMAS SCHISTMAS! [CS22]

[Image: bad-christmas-gift-disappointed-unhappy-...jpg?w=2000]

YES fellow Rogues.... it is THAT time of the Year again!

Your Mission, should you choose to accept it... is to write a NEW and ORIGINAL Short Story which contains or relates to the theme:

"CHRISTMAS SCHISTMAS!"

Think of it as... "Christmas gone wrong", "Stuff your Christmas not your Turkey!" or "Bah Humbug!".

It's Christmas season... what could possibly (or did) go wrong?

It could end up Happy, Sad, Disasterous or anything else in between... that is of course, up to YOU!

[Image: hand-drawn-ugly-sweater-collection_23-21...jpg?w=2000]

RULES:
There is no word count but PLEASE bear in mind that this is a SHORT STORY Contest.

You should write your own, brand new, original short story and place it in a New Thread within this (Rogue's Writer Contests) forum HERE.

It can be serious, funny, scary, rhyming, crazy, dull... ANY style that you choose... but a (bad) CHRISTMAS theme is a must!

Please include [CS22] in the title, so that we know it is an official entry.
(e.g. "The Ghost of Christmas Crap!" [CS22] )

You may include (copyright/royalty free) images, short video clips, sound or music etc if it relates to, or enhances your story, but this is by-no-means compulsory.

The contest will run from Now until Thurs 22nd December.

[Image: 3312419.jpg]

The Judging will be done in secret, by our very own Super-Secret-Santa judging panel and behind closed doors or up a Chimney... to deliberately induce feelings of paranoia and delusions of persecution in the minds of the entrants!!!

The Judges decision is final.

PRIZE:
As well as a "warm fuzzy glow", The Winner of our Contest will inherit the Honorary Title of "XmasBard" until such times as a young upstart seizes the Title in a future Christmas
Contest!

Any questions, queries, bribes etc.... just wrap them in tinsel and place them under my desk in the break-room, in a Christmassy  envelope, (**available from @BIAD 's Christmas supplies shed).

Under Starters Orders.....

“Away Splasher, Away Dan Sir, Go Prancid, and Dixon, Fly Shovet, Go Stupid, Have a Donner, Put yer Mitzon, and Run Run Rudolph!”

The Best of Festive Luck!
G

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Sol - 12-09-2022

Already a couple of entries and I can't wait for this weekend to catch up...

Big Grin

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Gordi - 12-24-2022

Twas the Night before Christmas.... and here at the Nation
The Contest was CLOSING, no need for frustration.
In just a few mins, there will be no more entries.
We can call off the guards, the dogs and the sentries.

To all who have entered, we give thanks and cheers,

We toast you with Whisky, Champagne and Beers.
For those yet to post up... you're leaving it late!
Better hurry or you'll miss, the closing of the gate.

The judges are waiting... the bribes being counted,
Accusations of cheating are totally unfounded!

And soon we shall have a new festive champ
Shining bright in the darkness, the cold and the damp.

Their prize will be awesome, well they get a new tag
for out-writing the nation, they become "Christmas Bard"
So here is fair warning, the rules we won't bend,
and within the hour, our contest will end!

The Best of Luck to One & All.

G

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Gordi - 12-24-2022

Ladles and Jellyspoons,
The Rogue Nation "Christmas Schistmas" Short Story Writers Contest is now
  CLOSED to new entries!

The Super-Secret Judging Panel will now count the money in the brown envelopes deliberate on who has created the Best Short Story for this years festive Contest.

The Best of Luck to All who Entered Here.... mwahahaa!!!

G

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - VioletDove - 12-24-2022

Ohhh this is exciting…Good luck everyone! 

Pssst… @"Gordi"#4, Did you get that slice of pecan pie I slid under the door?

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - 727Sky - 12-25-2022

Hurray Dancer

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Gordi - 12-25-2022

(12-24-2022, 06:34 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Ohhh this is exciting…Good luck everyone! 

Pssst… @"Gordi"#4, Did you get that slice of pecan pie I slid under the door?

"nom... nom... nom..... "  What Pie???? Smile

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Gordi - 12-25-2022

"tap tap tap... Is this on?? Testing Testing.... one two... ah OK.... ahem....

LADIES, GENTLEMEN, NON BINARY PERSONS and FELLOW ROGUES
I have just received a golden envelope from our Super-Secret Judging Panel, marked "RESULTS", so without further ado... I shall read the contents therein...

"Dear Gordi, Your Recent Test Results are Positive.
You should start taking the Anti-Biotics ASAP and apply Anti-Septic Ointment to the affected areas....."
  No, hang on..... sorry! Wrong envelope!!

Uhm.... OK, this time....

"Dear Gordi, Please find enclosed the findings of our Short Story Judging Panel:

We found the overall standard of writing to be very high (for a pre-School detention class) and it was difficult to choose just one winner, but after careful consideration and much counting of money in the brown envelopes  a decision has now been reached.

The WINNER of this years Rogue Nation Festive Short Story Writers Contest is:

@"VioletDove"#12  for her Dark Christmas Tale:
"
Maggie Poteet and the Un-Christmas"

Congratulations to VioletDove! Our Brand New Christmas Bard!

***applause***

As is customary... VioletDove will now be buying the drinks for the rest of the day!

M E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S!!

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - 727Sky - 12-25-2022

A well deserved win ! Dancer Hurray

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - BIAD - 12-25-2022

WELL DONE VIOLET DOVE!
Smile Smile MinuusculeClap MinuusculeClap thumbsup2

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Snarl - 12-25-2022

MinuusculeClap MinuusculeClap Minusculegoodjob MinuusculeClap MinuusculeClap

I _did_ enjoy your story!!

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - VioletDove - 12-25-2022

What a nice surprise to unwrap on this cold Christmas morning and very unexpected. The other stories were so good, I was just happy thinking someone might enjoy reading what I wrote. 

I do have to say how glad I am to be in the company of such wonderful tellers of tales.

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Sol - 12-25-2022

Congratulations @"VioletDove"#12  !!!!!!!

Bravo !!! Bravo !!!

[Image: FycbuM2.gif]

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - Ninurta - 12-25-2022

Congratulations @"Violet Dove"!

Job well done!

A slab of pecan pie goes a long way, but I hear in the wind that the consensus of the judges is that next year will require an entire pie, for purely evaluation purposes, of course... there was some discussion of creating a baking contest as well in the aftermath...

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - BIAD - 12-27-2022

As some may be aware, Boy In A Dress' current location is in my garden shed.
However, that garden resides in England... a place where the Postal Services
are now enjoying striking for better pay.

The above statement is the only excuse I have to explain why @"VioletDove"#12 
has not received her well-earned award until now.
Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=156]

RE: OFFICIAL SHORT STORY CONTEST - Christmas Schistmas! [CS22] - VioletDove - 12-27-2022

Oh Wow! Thank you! 

@"BIAD"#7 does such amazing work.  In love