Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Legalized extortion (property taxes) - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Rants, Raves & Complaints (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+--- Thread: Legalized extortion (property taxes) (/showthread.php?tid=1479)

Legalized extortion (property taxes) - ancientlight - 11-13-2023

Hi all. I just need to vent. 
I own two rentals (inherited ) and so now's the time property taxes are due. 
I recieved the bills a few weeks back, but didn't want to look sooner. 
Just now I looked. 

So last year for property A the tax was $5777, this year it's $6316
for property B the tax was $5805 , this year it's $6385  .
Combined that's almost 13.000 , that's an insane amount of extortion fees for something I 'supposedly own'.
Every year they go up about $500 each. I remember complaining about 10k a few years back, by my calculations by 2030 the combined taxes will be almost 20k  Angry

Every year they just keep going up! The HOA will complain if something's not up to par, because it will 'affect the home values' , but the higher home values means that taxes can and will be raised! 
I also believe that HOAs are government started and funded.  
HOA fees keep going up to as well each year off course.
Oh and if you don't pay your HOA extortion fees, they will just put a lien on your home. It's criminally insane.
And if you dare selling , the government comes again to steal a piece of your hard work (capital gains tax )  OK

Off course this in part of the 'you will own nothing and be happy' plan they are 100% sure of. 
I hope this pigs will rot in a screaming agony imprisoned like they want us to be. They deserver to suffer for what they're doing. 
OK

I'm in a more expensive county of Florida , so that doesn't help. I'm almost at a point where selling , and buying in another part of the state would be an option, but I already home-school and have work to deal with. I don't need this.

I live within my means, but can't afford to live on my own (live in a part of my brothers house). This is so frustrating!
I also can't afford medical insurance , or if try to get that they ask for 'gross income' , wich is my rental income before all the extortion bills , so that treats my bills as income bascially , insane.

RE: Legalized extortion (property taxes) - 727Sky - 11-13-2023

Yep taxes on property and everything else you can think of is one of the big reasons I left. Even out of country I still pay for medicare which does not work for me overseas and I still pay in excess of  $big buck000 every year taxes on anything I take out of my retirement fund ... We pay nothing here for taxes on the farm or the house. VAT tax is the way they collect their monies. 

I am so happy I can continue to support what is going on in America with my taxes (sarc) !

RE: Legalized extortion (property taxes) - ancientlight - 11-13-2023

(11-13-2023, 07:57 AM)727Sky Wrote: Yep taxes on property and everything else you can think of is one of the big reasons I left. Even out of country I still pay for medicare which does not work for me overseas and I still pay in excess of  $big buck000 every year taxes on anything I take out of my retirement fund ... We pay nothing here for taxes on the farm or the house. VAT tax is the way they collect their monies. 

I am so happy I can continue to support what is going on in America with my taxes (sarc) !

I would so end my US citizenship in your case , you can do that , off course they want another fee for that (around $2000), but worth it. Ridiculous to have to pay taxes when you don't even live here anymore, insane!

I went to the Doctor to get a muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory shot 3 weeks ago due to my back starting to hurt from golf... I was surprise that the cost had gone up 33% !! Instead of the usual cost to visit and the shot being $6 it was now a whopping $9 !! 

In December of 2019 when I had COVID I spent 5 days at hospital with a private room and very good care and it cost me less than $350....so... I do not worry about Doctors, insurance, and hospi1tal bills. I could have gone to a government hospital without a private room for a hell of a lot less..!

RE: Legalized extortion (property taxes) - ancientlight - 11-13-2023

(11-13-2023, 08:01 AM)ancientlight Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 07:57 AM)727Sky Wrote: Yep taxes on property and everything else you can think of is one of the big reasons I left. Even out of country I still pay for medicare which does not work for me overseas and I still pay in excess of  $big buck000 every year taxes on anything I take out of my retirement fund ... We pay nothing here for taxes on the farm or the house. VAT tax is the way they collect their monies. 

I would so end my US citizenship in your case , you can do that , off course they want another fee for that (around $2000), but worth it. Ridiculous to have to pay taxes when you don't even live here anymore, insane!
Well , you must have some kind of insurance then , maybe through work/retirement? Because without insurance a 5 day stay here in hospital will cost thousands. I spent one night in hopital , 12 years ago , when I had my son. That bill came to around 10k. Where are you at that it only cost $350 for 5 days?

RE: Legalized extortion (property taxes) - xuenchen - 11-13-2023

(11-13-2023, 08:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: I went to the Doctor to get a muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory shot 3 weeks ago due to my back starting to hurt from golf... I was surprise that the cost had gone up 33% !! Instead of the usual cost to visit and the shot being $6 it was now a whopping $9 !! 

In December of 2019 when I had COVID I spent 5 days at hospital with a private room and very good care and it cost me less than $350....so... I do not worry about Doctors, insurance, and hospi1tal bills. I could have gone to a government hospital without a private room for a hell of a lot less..!

Hey Careful!!

Somebody might think your next complaint is your groceries are too heavy to carry!

Laughing
Cool

(11-13-2023, 06:09 PM)xuenchen Wrote:
(11-13-2023, 08:36 AM)727Sky Wrote: I went to the Doctor to get a muscle relaxant and anti-inflammatory shot 3 weeks ago due to my back starting to hurt from golf... I was surprise that the cost had gone up 33% !! Instead of the usual cost to visit and the shot being $6 it was now a whopping $9 !! 

Hey Careful!!

Somebody might think your next complaint is your groceries are too heavy to carry!

Laughing
Cool

No that is why God created an Asian wife !! hahahha Minusculemooning  Truthfully we do not buy groceries like we once did in the states. Take out Cooked meals (take home) are so cheap about the only things we buy are some canned goods, crackers, and cereal. We do keep a good stock of big liter water bottles in case the electric goes out. At less than $2 a meal why stock and cook yourself ? Last week the wife did grill some 9 or 10 inch long shrimp (6 of them for $7) which she got from a Shrimp farmer.. More like Lobsters than Shrimp IMO and they are only available once a year..

As far as hospital and doctor bills there are for profit hospitals here too as Bangkok hospital is a classic example of getting ripped off by a chain of hospitals. I had a Doctor friend who worked there tell me to stay away from that place...no kidding.. 

The $9 shot was at a local clinic we go to when we need something. The 5 day COVID stay for $350 was at a major hospital and the amount was total out of my pocket no insurance (if at Bangkok Hospital it would have probably been several times that amount and I would have probably died!!).. I would go to Mexico in spite of the cartels before I would feed the bastard for profit hospitals in the states. But I had a wife die of cancer with the best insurance which paid for almost everything for 2 years. Took her in on Friday and she died on Monday morning (they killed her by X-raying her already swollen brain) bill was $265,000 !! Insurance told them to stick it where the sun don't shin and they could take $90,000 or go to court ! If that would have been me alone I would have been like many in the states who do not have a pot to piss in after American Care at hospital is finished.. So yes I am a little jaded..