Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ (/showthread.php?tid=1472)

School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Infolurker - 11-11-2023

Progressives decide Veterans Day should not be celebrated in favor of the UN's DEI holiday. Sounds about right. Expect this to spread.

The day of tolerance was created by the United Nations in 1996 and echoes many of the diversity, equity, and inclusion mantras present in progressive politics.

https://mynorthwest.com/3938433/rantz-school-replaces-veterans-day-assembly-with-peace-assembly/

Quote:A Redmond elementary school canceled the annual assembly to commemorate and honor Veterans Day. They are replacing it with a “Peace Assembly,” leaving some parents “disgusted” by the decision.

Benjamin Rush Elementary in the Lake Washington School District traditionally holds a Veterans Day assembly. It features the school’s choir performing songs like, “It’s a Grand Old Flag,” “This Land is Your Land” and the national anthem. But this year’s celebration will look different.

In place of the Veterans Day assembly, the school’s administration opted to recognize the International Day of Tolerance, sponsored by UNESCO, on November 15 (International Day of Tolerance is November 16). And some parents feel like they were kept in the dark about the change.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - sailorsam - 11-11-2023

Hunter Thompson observed years ago that it's pointless to try to write fiction because the real world is so bizarre.

great example.  sounds like a Babylon Bee story.

I see a lot of indication that our academic community is out of touch with reality.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - xuenchen - 11-11-2023

Of course Parents were kept in the dark!

Are any Parents Vets? 

More Marxist crap !! 

Angry

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 07:57 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Progressives decide Veterans Day should not be celebrated in favor of the UN's DEI holiday. Sounds about right. Expect this to spread.

The day of tolerance was created by the United Nations in 1996 and echoes many of the diversity, equity, and inclusion mantras present in progressive politics.

https://mynorthwest.com/3938433/rantz-school-replaces-veterans-day-assembly-with-peace-assembly/

Quote:A Redmond elementary school canceled the annual assembly to commemorate and honor Veterans Day. They are replacing it with a “Peace Assembly,” leaving some parents “disgusted” by the decision.

Benjamin Rush Elementary in the Lake Washington School District traditionally holds a Veterans Day assembly. It features the school’s choir performing songs like, “It’s a Grand Old Flag,” “This Land is Your Land” and the national anthem. But this year’s celebration will look different.

In place of the Veterans Day assembly, the school’s administration opted to recognize the International Day of Tolerance, sponsored by UNESCO, on November 15 (International Day of Tolerance is November 16). And some parents feel like they were kept in the dark about the change.

Veterans Day does not celebrate war. It celebrates those that served in the military. I don't know any veteran that enjoyed war. That might be why we have so many veterans with PTSD and other trauma based mental issues.

I am not surprised that they want to get rid of Veterans Day. It is obvious that they have no love or respect for veterans. What I find interesting, is that they are surprised that the youth are not interested in signing up. 

Our youth are very much aware of how our veterans are viewed and treated. They are smart enough to know that there is nothing in it for them.

Fodder, lambs for the slaughter. Today's youth are too smart for that.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Freija - 11-11-2023

Lake Washington School District has 33 elementary schools (grades K-5), 14 middle schools (grades 6-8) and nine high schools (grades 9-12).

One school in one district in one state loses their mind for a minute and does something stupid and suddenly it’s part of some progressive Marxist takeover and the downfall of America? Damn!

Some of you spend too much time on the internet looking for things to be triggered by.

My dad was Korean War vet with the USMC so a tip of the hat and a thank you to all that have served.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - ChiefD - 11-12-2023

Speaking as a veteran, it's a damn shame that school chose to do that. It's a slap in the face to veterans.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-12-2023

(11-11-2023, 11:44 PM)Freija Wrote: Lake Washington School District has 33 elementary schools (grades K-5), 14 middle schools (grades 6-8) and nine high schools (grades 9-12).

One school in one district in one state loses their mind for a minute and does something stupid and suddenly it’s part of some progressive Marxist takeover and the downfall of America? Damn!

Some of you spend too much time on the internet looking for things to be triggered by.

My dad was Korean War vet with the USMC so a tip of the hat and a thank you to all that have served.

Respect and thanks to your Dad.

Unfortunately, we are living in a time when the minority has the power because they seem to be the ones that are willing to stand up for what they want and believe. 

The majority may be be easily triggered, but it looks, like they are not willing to to make a stand or do anything except post a lot of vitriol, and hate on the internet.

Thanks to the internet, one viral post is enough to cause a lot of damage, regardless of whether it is the truth or a lie. The majority is often drowned out, and again, truth or lies has little to do with it.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Grace - 11-12-2023

(11-11-2023, 07:57 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Progressives decide Veterans Day should not be celebrated in favor of the UN's DEI holiday. 

I'd not allow my kids to attend these new events... Keep them home from school on those days if your not homeschooling, that's my reaction.

This is indoctrination into the New World Order, and I'd not have any kids be a part of it were it my choice.

I just don't get why anyone could ever think it was wrong to celebrate our armed forces and also celebrate what is good about our nation. If they are not with us they are definitely against us.

Who do you curl your lip at, criticize, and judge when you see them honor their military but your greatest enemies?

They are openly declaring themselves hostile to US interests at this point.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - xuenchen - 11-12-2023

(11-11-2023, 11:44 PM)Freija Wrote: Lake Washington School District has 33 elementary schools (grades K-5), 14 middle schools (grades 6-8) and nine high schools (grades 9-12).

All it takes is one Marxist to go unchecked.

And what right do they think they have to negate and cancel a Federal Holiday?

Big Eyes

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - MisterSpock - 11-12-2023

Sure, one school out of many in a single state.

So lets just focus on the one school, disregard the others and lets focus just on the one community.

What's the point of this message, what does that convey to the veterans of this community?

I loath the government and it's actions, I'm sure many do, but the individual, the veterans, I'll always recognize their sacrifice. I don't see the point of this, even at one school, as being disrespectful to the individual, those in their immediate community that are veterans.

If their intent was to make a statement on the national stage, they did so while having to trample over the sacrifice of their literal neighbors and families.

It's pathetic.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Grace - 11-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 04:45 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:44 PM)Freija Wrote: Some of you spend too much time on the internet looking for things to be triggered by.

If their intent was to make a statement on the national stage, they did so while having to trample over the sacrifice of their literal neighbors and families.

It's pathetic.

If there's one thing that's constant with the American progressives it's that trampling over their literal neighbors is all they ever do. 

From billions of dollars worth of property damage and lost revenues from their "mostly peaceful protesting", to things like this with our veterans, to telling minorities they can't compete head to head with white people (a racist assumption at best), the progressives are nothing if not a people who trample over anyone and everyone.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Freija - 11-12-2023

Okay, here is more of where I’m coming from with my comments…

My perspective is this is an isolated and relatively insignificant incident magnified and amplified out of proportion by conservative right-wing media and although unfortunate the holiday isn’t appreciated for what it is, this story is literally little more than bias confirming clickbait propaganda to rile up conservative with fear the sky is falling and that we’re all doomed and apparently it is working pretty well.

As part of a minority where this tactic is widely employed antagonistically - broad brush painting the actions a few to denigrate an entire demographic by using fear and hysteria is something I am especially sensitive to so when I see it used in other situations it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Some people let their emotions be played like a fiddle and some even go out of their way to find things to be triggered about and all I have to say is maybe stop making yourself so miserable and getting bent out of shape by manipulative internet bullshit that’s beyond your ability to influence or change anyway and try being happy for once.

(11-12-2023, 08:55 AM)Freija Wrote: Okay, here is more of where I’m coming from with my comments…

My perspective is this is an isolated and relatively insignificant incident magnified and amplified out of proportion by conservative right-wing media and although unfortunate the holiday isn’t appreciated for what it is, this story is literally little more than bias confirming clickbait propaganda to rile up conservative with fear the sky is falling and that we’re all doomed and apparently it is working pretty well.

As part of a minority where this tactic is widely employed antagonistically - broad brush painting the actions a few to denigrate an entire demographic by using fear and hysteria is something I am especially sensitive to so when I see it used in other situations it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Some people let their emotions be played like a fiddle and some even go out of their way to find things to be triggered about and all I have to say is maybe stop making yourself so miserable and getting bent out of shape by manipulative internet bullshit that’s beyond your ability to influence or change anyway and try being happy for once.

The problem that perhaps your not seeing is that most of us spent years seeing one thing after the other go from an isolated incident to widespread very quickly, and very destructively over the last decade to decade and a half. 

When we see something and think well that's insane so no sane person would ever support such a thing or do such a thing so we ignored it next thing we know it's real, it's suddenly widespread, and come to a neighborhood near us.

So now yeah, jump up and down and holler at the first sign, maybe then you can stop it before it's too late. It's about being aware what the extremists are trying to throw at us next in order to create a defensive block.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Snarl - 11-12-2023

(11-11-2023, 10:35 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't know any veteran that enjoyed war.

I won't go so far as to say I enjoyed war, but only because there was so much 'suck' to it. If you're with the tip of the spear ... and the spear is razor sharp ... no problemo. Kicking in doors ... to have a nice conversation with the people who don't open them when you come knocking ... definitely ... no bueno. The difference would be: no answer when we knock = we're gonna knock your house flat to the ground. Getting blown up by an IED because ROE makes you take such risks = SUCK.

If you want a war to end, you kill all the military aged males until the opposition throws its arms up in unconditional surrender. You might even burn the cities to the ground that housed and produced the war machines. Then, you govern the ever-loving-shit out of 'em until they've learned their lessons well. Before they erase history, you should go back and make note of the elation the country felt when the Nazis were defeated. For some reason TPTB have decided that's not what the people deserve. And, apparently, they have the power to keep that away from the citizens.

It's TPTB taking this from us. One school? One stupid ass? They wouldn't have garnered any attention unless TPTB wanted it so. They got away with erasing a LOT of the history of the Civil War. Soon they'll change the narrative kids are being taught in school. Point is TPTB didn't get it all at once. This little stain on Veteran's Day? They're just normalizing it.

Only way to stop it is simple: Slaughter the ones who did it. Much ... Much ... Much more important: Slaughter the people who wanna do something about it. Slaughter them, and their families, and their bosses, and the bosses' families ... and then you slaughter everyone who says, "That was a bit of an overreaction. Let's hope that doesn't happen again."

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” -G. Michael Hopf

We're in the end stages of making weak men. I don't have to pose it as a question. Everyone can see it plain as day ... until they ghost the videos that make it clearly evident what's taking place.

Historically, what comes after a failed democracy: A dictator.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-12-2023

(11-12-2023, 02:26 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 10:35 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't know any veteran that enjoyed war.

I won't go so far as to say I enjoyed war, but only because there was so much 'suck' to it. If you're with the tip of the spear ... and the spear is razor sharp ... no problemo. Kicking in doors ... to have a nice conversation with the people who don't open them when you come knocking ... definitely ... no bueno. The difference would be: no answer when we knock = we're gonna knock your house flat to the ground. Getting blown up by an IED because ROE makes you take such risks = SUCK.

If you want a war to end, you kill all the military aged males until the opposition throws its arms up in unconditional surrender. You might even burn the cities to the ground that housed and produced the war machines. Then, you govern the ever-loving-shit out of 'em until they've learned their lessons well. Before they erase history, you should go back and make note of the elation the country felt when the Nazis were defeated. For some reason TPTB have decided that's not what the people deserve. And, apparently, they have the power to keep that away from the citizens.

It's TPTB taking this from us. One school? One stupid ass? They wouldn't have garnered any attention unless TPTB wanted it so. They got away with erasing a LOT of the history of the Civil War. Soon they'll change the narrative kids are being taught in school. Point is TPTB didn't get it all at once. This little stain on Veteran's Day? They're just normalizing it.

Only way to stop it is simple: Slaughter the ones who did it. Much ... Much ... Much more important: Slaughter the people who wanna do something about it. Slaughter them, and their families, and their bosses, and the bosses' families ... and then you slaughter everyone who says, "That was a bit of an overreaction. Let's hope that doesn't happen again."

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” -G. Michael Hopf

We're in the end stages of making weak men. I don't have to pose it as a question. Everyone can see it plain as day ... until they ghost the videos that make it clearly evident what's taking place.

Historically, what comes after a failed democracy: A dictator.

The only thing I can say about that is that I am very likely the first one that will be slaughtered.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - ancientlight - 11-12-2023

(11-11-2023, 07:57 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Progressives decide Veterans Day should not be celebrated in favor of the UN's DEI holiday. Sounds about right. Expect this to spread.

Marxists are sick evil 'people' , they want us all 'equal' and to not reward/recognize excellence, but will reward and applaud rachet criminal behaviour! I'm beginning to despise these slime bags . They purposely do this btw to destroy society by destroying moral : demoralization. It's a classic Marxist tactic.  Ideally they want us all to be identical mindless clones, hence also the transgender push (no genders ) , no different classes (hence the attack on the middle class ) and no religion (no evil jews and Christians ). Muslims are (still ) allowed as they help push their anti Jew/Chrisitian agenda. 

Pure self serving evil.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Freija - 11-12-2023

Some interesting but mostly paranoid and triggered responses but I’ve come to expect nothing less around here.

You want my take on what is genuinely a threat to one’s liberties, freedoms,democracy and way of life? Probably not but since everyone else if throwing out their theories and opinions, why should I be any different?

First though, I did some digging into this story. It was first reported on mynorthwest.com, the website for 770KTTH, a conservative talk radio outlet in Seattle after one student’s father anonymously contacted them with his disappointment at the change in the traditional activities. The article was picked up and parroted across other right-wing news outlets that did little more than reference back to the author at KTTH while adding their own flavor of spin and outrage.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1568]

It was also noted in the original post that folks tend to want to ignore:

Quote:A district spokesperson downplayed the decision to replace the Veterans Day assembly. She noted that students will still learn about Veterans Day and honor veterans by “watching videos about the sacrifices that veterans have made and making cards to thank veterans.” Those cards will be delivered to Seattle VA Medical Center. The spokesperson said this provides a “more personal connection between students and veterans.”

So moving on to counter some of this Marxist boogeyman takeover nonsense, the true threat people should be worried about is Christian Nationalism and the attempts to impose a theocratic authoritarian based autocratic style government. If you want to read something that should truly scare the shit out of you take a look into Project 2025

At least one person didn't forget to blame those goddamn transes for the downfall of society which was good for my out loud laugh of the day! Thanks, I needed that!  Laughing

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Infolurker - 11-12-2023

Christian Nationalism?....Maybe that would have a chance in the 1970s. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Christianity_in_the_Western_world#

Quote:Christianity, the largest religion in the United States, experienced a 20th-century high of 91% of the total population in 1976. This declined to 73.7% by 2016 and 64% in 2022.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - DonnerPartyOf404 - 11-12-2023

It saddens me to read of schools and such that will not honor our vets.  Homeschooling looks like a much better way of education these days anyway.

Unfortunately the only way I see that we can get the world back in order is with a full fledge revolution.  Let's clean the house and start over.

RE: School replaces Veterans Day assembly with ‘Peace Assembly’ - Ninurta - 11-12-2023

I have a few thoughts.

I am simply shocked and surprised that ANYONE is shocked and surprised by this. Where the hell have folks been these last few decades? Busy watching "Dancing With the Stars" or something? This is nothing new, nor is it even novel. It's all been going on for decades, and all their opponents can say is "Well, shit! What's on TV tonight?"

This is happening at a school in the Redmond area of Washington state. Has no one noticed that area is the American version of Moscow? If they have, then WHY are they shocked and surprised?

The school has not "cancelled Veteran's Day". They don't have the power to do that. They are merely not observing it, which is their right. How many of you observe Ramadan? Same thing. You've not "cancelled" Ramadan, you're just not observing it, as is your right.

"Day of Tolerance"? Give me a fuckin' break! I'm not going to celebrate tolerance for people who will not tolerate ME. My failure to celebrate their silly-assed holiday will not "cancel" it, either. It just means I'm not going to play their silly-assed game by partaking in their big bowl o' bullshit. They're welcome to glad-hand and grab-ass all day long on their special day. I just won't be in the crowd is all.

I also stopped celebrating Veteran's Day about two years ago, when I realized the "D.I.E." (Diversity-Inclusion-Equity) caliber of veterans they plan on starting to churn out now. Older veterans will laugh at them and point fingers, but older veterans also recognize that they sacrificed for freedom, and won't participate in limiting the freedom of others that they shed blood for. Older veterans realize that "the soldiers fight, but the kings are heroes". They know where they stand in the pecking order, such as it is. Why would anyone go overseas to "fight for freedom", kill folks and blow shit up "for freedom", lose their limbs and lives "for freedom", and then set about trying to steal the freedoms they guaranteed with their one and only bodies when they got back home?

I don't care what they do in Redmond. Their lives are theirs to do with as they will. There are folks out here who fought like demons to make sure they could, and most of those folks understand that they are not going to be thanked or even recognized for it. They didn't do it for the "attaboys".

They did it to guarantee those folks can do with their own lives as they will, however dumbassed it might be.

Christian nationalists are a scary bunch - they are the modern-day equivalent of the Catholic Inqusitions of Medieval times, the same fine folks who burned Protestants at the stake as "heretics", but without the power - but no more scary than all the other little tiny splinter groups of batshit crazy "activists" dotted all over the landscape, each trying to pull the country in their own direction. Authoritarianism is authoritarianism, whether it's trying to pull us to the Left, or to the Right, or to Heaven, or to Hell. They're all loons, and not a damned one of them has any more power over YOU than you give them yourself. As they used to say around here "locks is for honest folks", and likewise laws are for folks that want to obey them. Laws may not be enforced against the will of the People, and anyone who tries is defined as a "tyrant", no matter what end of the political or religious spectrum they may occupy.

But for the religious inclined, Matthew 5:45 says "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

If God Itself allows folks to go their own way as they will, who are you to countermand and try to supersede God? I think God will have a word with such folks on Judgement Day, and it may not be the word they thought they were gonna hear...

... and for a preview of what Jesus says they will hear, we only have to skip forward a couple of chapters in Matthew, to Matthew 7:21-23, to find out:

"21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

We often create our own monsters out of nothing more than smoke and mirrors.