Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Eating parts that I never ate before - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Eating parts that I never ate before (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

Eating parts that I never ate before - ancientlight - 10-28-2023

Hi all. 

I've just tried something new to me. I bought an organic califlower and it felt wasteful to throw away the green leaves around the end? So I cut those up and cooked them seperately. I ate them with some butter and black pepper , it was perfectly fine. Not delicious, but certainly edible.  So from now on, I'll be eating those . My son would surely complain if I served them to him though  Laughing

Any similar tries ?

RE: Eating parts that I never ate before - dbcowboy - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 05:33 PM)ancientlight Wrote: Hi all. 

I've just tried something new to me. I bought an organic califlower and it felt wasteful to throw away the green leaves around the end? So I cut those up and cooked them seperately. I ate them with some butter and black pepper , it was perfectly fine. Not delicious, but certainly edible.  So from now on, I'll be eating those . My son would surely complain if I served them to him though  Laughing

Any similar tries ?

I saw the thread title and went. . . wait, what?

Wink

I'm not a foodie, I'm too boring.

RE: Eating parts that I never ate before - BodhisattvaStyle - 10-28-2023

Any similar tries ?
Back when I was a young sous chef I worked for a yacht club for a while. 
We did weddings, banquets, and out door bbq's and buffets. 
One day we had a luau. Chef had me roast a few pigs for the first time. Dug a pit and the whole nine.
I had pulled out my first pig and loaded that big boy on a silver platter. After the first pig came back 99% devoured I was about to toss the carcus.
Chef sees me, stops me abruptly and says "Hey, you're about to throw out the best part." "The eyes are the best part," as he pokes his finger into one of the eye holes, pops out an eye, tosses it in his mouth and says, as he's biting down, "They're so juicy" and as he says that the eye pops in his mouth and squirts "eye juice" down his lips.

Ummm.......puke

I bought vomited when I saw that.

So yeah, according to Chef, the eye balls of a roasted pig are the best part.

No thanks

RE: Eating parts that I never ate before - ancientlight - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 05:50 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:

Any similar tries ?

I saw the thread title and went. . . wait, what?

Wink

I'm not a foodie, I'm too boring.

Clickbait, it worked  Big Grin