Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - KKLOCO - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 05:35 PM)Infolurker Wrote: What is the thread title?

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1339007/pg1

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - DISRAELI - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 05:27 PM)ANNEE Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 05:12 PM)DISRAELI Wrote: I've received automated messages at ATS that three rejoined people, including DTOM23, have "added you as a friend". I can send P.M.'s now that I have 20 posts on the new account, and I've responded. A little rebuilding going on in private?
Several posters have claimed they can now PM.
The first time I tried I had only 19 posts and found myself barred from sending. That reminded me that 20 posts was the limit for newcomers.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 05:37 PM)KKLOCO Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 05:35 PM)Infolurker Wrote: What is the thread title?

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1339007/pg1

Thanks!

He / She is not wrong. I was included in that May Old Timers Purge. Luckily, I reposted a lot of the good stuff I would like to reference again over here.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Grace - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 04:12 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Does the very recognizable "Mallet Hammer" ever fall on the head of those with such verbal creativity?  NEVER

That's the one constant I've noticed about the Internet, no matter where you are the most extreme elements always seem to skate and the you and I's of the world get in trouble over a simple misunderstanding's of what we say, which often seem to be intentional misunderstandings at that. 

The Internet as a whole has such great promise, as people we could hash out all kinds of solutions and petition our governments with thousands of signatures and potentially achieve great things - instead all we manage on the Internet is to destroy and tear down, never building.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ANNEE - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 06:02 PM)Grace Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 04:12 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Does the very recognizable "Mallet Hammer" ever fall on the head of those with such verbal creativity?  NEVER

That's the one constant I've noticed about the Internet, no matter where you are the most extreme elements always seem to skate and the you and I's of the world get in trouble over a simple misunderstanding's of what we say, which often seem to be intentional misunderstandings at that. 

The Internet as a whole has such great promise, as people we could hash out all kinds of solutions and petition our governments with thousands of signatures and potentially achieve great things - instead all we manage on the Internet is to destroy and tear down, never building.

Nicely put.

But don't you think if the rules say "no name calling" -- those rules should be followed and enforced?

If you're not debating the issue and only attacking the other person -- those rules should also be followed and enforced.

Which BTW -- has been brought to attention multiple times -- and literally brushed aside into the round file.

My only real complaint -- but I promised no more personal complaints.  Carry on.

ANNEE

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Grace - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 06:14 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Nicely put.

But don't you think if the rules say "no name calling" -- those rules should be followed and enforced?

If you're not debating the issue and only attacking the other person -- those rules should also be followed and enforced.

Which BTW -- has been brought to attention multiple times -- and literally brushed aside into the round file.

My only real complaint -- but I promised no more personal complaints.  Carry on.

ANNEE

Rules are made to keep order and decorum as well as general safety, and when applied to everyone equally created a positive environment for everyone.

However, when people or a group of people decide their "cause" or "position" is somehow morally superior such that they stop believing the rules should apply equally to them, and then they achieve actual power, the rules won't be applied to themselves, because they are in a position to apply enforcement unequally however their broken moral compass leads them.

Many businesses just don't care so long as it doesn't interfere with the ol' income stream, and so the most determined gains more power to influence.

Many elements of the left believe themselves morally superior, and have a match with many elements of the right who likewise believe themselves morally superior.

And so people who just want to grab a little information and maybe take the time to debate a topic important to them are the ones out in the cold because we are surrounded on all sides by those who have decided their position is morally superior to all others.

There's no compromise or even room for discussion in that and so we get thrown out or otherwise silenced and put down.

That's the world we are living in.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Freija - 10-22-2023

What gets me is some posters over there are trying to carry on as if nothing is wrong and if they continue on as normal, this whole thing will clear itself up and go back to the way it was. Some are even happy hailing this as the abolition of censorship and a win for free speech when it has turned into nothing but chaos, anarchy. and lawlessness.

Honestly, I expected this situation to be rectified by now if the actual people in charge gave a damn. At the very least, the site should have been taken off-line while things were investigated and steps taken to mitigate the damage and prevent it from happening again but since we aren't seeing that happen, it should be assumed that this is the end of ATS as we knew it.

After first joining there in 2007, I had been banned 5 times and after the last time, took a multi-year break before rejoining again in March of this year fully anticipating ban number six with every post but at 191 posts later, the hammer still hadn't dropped. I watched this hack/breach go down in real time and the following morning, rejoined again thinking this wouldn't last and things would be reset so I took no caution pointing fingers at the likely culprits thinking whatever I said would likely be wiped if a reset were to happen.

But as the days have marched on, it has become more apparent the site isn't going to be fixed and my days there are numbered although I have to admit, watching things self-destruct there has been pretty entertaining.

(10-22-2023, 06:45 PM)Grace Wrote:

ANNEE

Rules are made to keep order and decorum as well as general safety, and when applied to everyone equally created a positive environment for everyone.

However, when people or a group of people decide their "cause" or "position" is somehow morally superior such that they stop believing the rules should apply equally to them, and then they achieve actual power, the rules won't be applied to themselves, because they are in a position to apply enforcement unequally however their broken moral compass leads them.

Many businesses just don't care so long as it doesn't interfere with the ol' income stream, and so the most determined gains more power to influence.

Many elements of the left believe themselves morally superior, and have a match with many elements of the right who likewise believe themselves morally superior.

And so people who just want to grab a little information and maybe take the time to debate a topic important to them are the ones out in the cold because we are surrounded on all sides by those who have decided their position is morally superior to all others.

There's no compromise or even room for discussion in that and so we get thrown out or otherwise silenced and put down.

I believe, honestly, majority of people are in the middle on almost all issues -- especially politically.  I believe the majority are fiscal conservative/social liberal.  But, they don't make "noise".

It's the extremists on both sides that make all the noise.  Therefore, they really are not representative of the majority.

Then we have those that are affected emotionally.  That can be swayed by "the noise".  Lobbying on all levels.

Those are the ones who scare me because they have no true conviction in matters that matter.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: Anyone who lost a debate with me.

Smile

Thank God You and I agree 99.9% of the time. Whewww.  Smile

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: Anyone who lost a debate with me.

Smile

Thank God You and I agree 99.9% of the time. Whewww.  Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - LogicalGraffiti - 10-22-2023

I wasn't banned from ATS and have been a member there for nearly 10 years.  I just hit my breaking point about an hour ago and don't think I want to go back to the site.  I feel like I need a shower just reading the title of topics being posted today.  It's sad, really, since it's been the only site I went to for news and discussion online.

I'll lurk here for a while until I get used to things but I'm glad to see so many familiar names which makes me think I made a mistake not using my ATS name.  Anyhow, it's time for a fresh start!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - quintessentone - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 07:04 PM)ANNEE Wrote:

ANNEE

I believe, honestly, majority of people are in the middle on almost all issues -- especially politically.  I believe the majority are fiscal conservative/social liberal.  But, they don't make "noise".

It's the extremists on both sides that make all the noise.  Therefore, they really are not representative of the majority.

Then we have those that are affected emotionally.  That can be swayed by "the noise".  Lobbying on all levels.

Those are the ones who scare me because they have no true conviction in matters that matter.

Those who scare me are the warmongers that think using nukes is ok. I hope that type of mentality is always ignored by those that have the actual power in all that matters.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - BodhisattvaStyle - 10-22-2023

Things are heating up on ATS. Josiah Pastor, as we can all tell, has several accounts and is crapping all over that site. That user alone is going to destroy it all. 

I am starting to contemplate even more outside the box and wonder if this is all intentional. Sabotage the site to combat "misinformation" with a misdirection. We are all looking in the same direction (pretty much). What if this is actually a take-over to discredit the site so no one takes it seriously and they can burn all that info on there.

That would be a clever way to keep ppl from talking about things that are going on right now... Like actual important topics in the here and now that we've all been sidetracked from with this. 

If this is all orchestrated to further silence us (as a whole), then it is working beautifully. The dominoes are falling.

Either way, that Josiah pastor character has made that site a dumpster fire now.

My theory still stands. I think that site was infiltrated by someone like the Chinese and it was being used to conduct counterintelligence on anyone who might actually be a threat. (Especially since there were some real players on ATS)
Now they've set it on fire and we're just watching it smolder to the ground.

I think the good old days of ats are long gone. Never to return. As are the days when the internet was a good place to get info. Now it's going full propaganda and won't be safe for much longer.

So sad. That place was a true diamond in the ruff back in the day.

I hope I'm worng...

(10-22-2023, 07:18 PM)quintessentone Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 07:04 PM)ANNEE Wrote:

ANNEE

Those who scare me are the warmongers that think using nukes is ok. I hope that type of mentality is always ignored by those that have the actual power in all that matters.
Reason for a World Government?  

Which we already effectively have -- except for a couple renegades.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Skye - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 07:30 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Reason for a World Government?  

Which we already effectively have -- except for a few renegades.

Why do you think a "World Government" would be better than a few renegades?

(10-22-2023, 07:40 PM)Skye Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 07:30 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Reason for a World Government?  

Which we already effectively have -- except for a few renegades.

Why do you think a "World Government" would be better than a few renegades?

How much closer do you think we need to be before you can officially call what we have today a World Government?

(10-22-2023, 08:22 PM)ANNEE Wrote: How much closer do you think we need to be before you can officially call what we have today a World Government?

Quite a ways to go yet.

To give you an idea, look at The United Nations.

I'd trust my life to renegades every single time.

(10-22-2023, 08:32 PM)Skye Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 08:22 PM)ANNEE Wrote: How much closer do you think we need to be before you can officially call what we have today a World Government?

Quite a ways to go yet.

To give you an idea, look at The United Nations.

I'd trust my life to renegades every single time.
I acknowledge your opinion  Smile

However, I'd say we are already effectively part of a World Government.

IMO - it is inevitable. The only logical direction. 

So, not IF -- but WHEN.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - CoyoteAngel - 10-22-2023

So nice to see so many faces here!   

Glad to see you all!

(10-22-2023, 08:53 PM)ANNEE Wrote: However, I'd say we are already effectively part of a World Government.

IMO - it is inevitable. The only logical direction. 

So, not IF -- but WHEN.

Part of an order in the world -

Not the same as a World Government.

World Government is contrary to logic.

When for some perhaps, but not for all.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 02:28 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: Once upon a time I wrote for Townhall.com.  Used my real name.  Up until an article I wrote merited a scathing call from Sen. Orin Hatch and subsequent death threats, not from Hatch but from others.

I then went anonymous on ATS as beezzer until more death threats and a disturbing stalking who would send me naughty photos of herself.

I asked the Mods, shared my PM's and they agreed to me making a DB account.

Now I'm just a grumpy old man and once again, getting railed.

Too tired to make a new account, and they want me to respond, so I will refuse.

I've logged out of ATS, deleted cookies, used a throw-away email address so I'm not worried so much about my computer.

I've just damaged some egos, caused hurt feelz, *shrugs*

Some folks have all the fun! I never got any death threats or naughty stalker photos during my ATS years (and I tried really hard!), and now I feel left out! I did get a wife there, so there is that consolation...