Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - gortex - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:11 PM)Freija Wrote: Hopefully, they've pulled the plug on the damn thing or the malicious actors screwed something up?

I just got this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1417]

May be a recovery attempt , may be the end .... time will tell.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - SomeJackleg - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 07:26 PM)TDDAgain Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:03 PM)Freija Wrote: Popping in after a few months of silence - waves hi hi !

How can you find all threads by a member? Namely Josiah Pastor AKA "DarkOwner" at ATS.

I swear I remember reading something here how he was harvesting emails or doing some other questionable technical thing and now that this person has blasted his simulation theory bullshit all over at ATS and is claiming owner status, I find it highly suspicious.

Thanks!

During the first crash of ATS in 2021(?), where the payments for the server allegedly were dismissed due to expired credit card, this simulation theory guy instantly tried to took advantage. The person then came to what is now called PhantomZone discord, a relative known discord server to advertise. PhantomZone is a discord channel founded by an ATS mod but it's not connected to ATS. It is used as a fallback and many on ATS are in that channel.

Now take this with a grain of salt, somewhere along the lines when the ATS crash happened, I think I remember I saw a redirect to his bullshit simulation theory website, but I am not really sure. When refreshing back then, it was gone. Could be me confusing a lonely thread though, out of memory.

The simulation guy back then already acted very possessive, as in, climbing the hill of attention and advertising his website and own discord channel as fallback. 

There are actually 2 players at work that constantly advertise for their own stuff. One is GolgotaBridge and might be innocent and just wrong time and place giving genuine help... and the other is "ThePastor" aka simulation theory guy. There is a third player that might be one of the two and it's the spammer that spams discord and ATS every few months about buying his book with bitcoins.

It's all a bit hazy for me. This current event however feels like a take over. They already call it the new ATS and we already have religious zealot incel people on the board, talking shit about women.

JosiahPastor is a member here, he pops in the shoutbox like everybody here likes him. been meaning to warn mods that's who everybody on TOS is blaming.

that said it seems that the sever is completely down now

Abovetopsecret.com is DOWN It is not just you. The server is not responding...

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 05:57 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:53 PM)quintessentone Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:36 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I'm just a fluffy innocent poster, trying to get along in this crazy world.

ATS scares me now.

Big Eyes

Compared to some poster there now, I agree...fluffy.  Sad

I'm fluffy and delicate.

Red tantrum

I just got an alert that ATS is posting fake Hasenpfeffer Recipes!

Smile

[url=https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25843/hasenpfeffer-rabbit-stew/][/url]

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - SomeJackleg - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:24 PM)xuenchen Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:36 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I'm just a fluffy innocent poster, trying to get along in this crazy world.

ATS scares me now.

Big Eyes

I'm fluffy and delicate.

Red tantrum

I just got an alert that ATS is posting fake [/url]Hasenpfeffer Recipes!

Smile

[url=https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25843/hasenpfeffer-rabbit-stew/]

LMAO

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - gortex - 10-21-2023

And it's back , still broken.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-21-2023

I was wondering if it got shut down, as I can't get on anymore.  I didn't know if it was because I was using my phone.
Might be a rush here soon

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 12:28 PM)Grace Wrote: I read some guy over there on ATS complaining about the lack of moderation here. To me that's just nuts... I'm wondering what level of moderation that guy thinks is appropriate since they moderate here just fine...

Most folks here are adult enough to self-moderate. We moderate, but we don't generally have to use as heavy a hand as most moderators are used to. I tend to worry about folks who think they need to be moderated - why do they not have any self-control? Why do they think they need a daddy looking over their shoulder all the time?

Sometimes, critters that have been kept in captivity too long are reluctant to leave their cages when set free. Freedom can be scary to be sure, but for those bold enough to seize it when offered, they find that they can eventually get used to it.

We have occasionally had situations that needed to be calmed down, and we did so, but they are rare. Rarer still are folks with a desperate need to be banned. We've only had to ban two people in the 7 or 8 years we've been operating,and I think that's a pretty good record, and speaks to the level of maturity of our membership.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - TDDAgain - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:17 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:03 PM)Freija Wrote: Popping in after a few months of silence - waves hi hi !

How can you find all threads by a member? Namely Josiah Pastor AKA "DarkOwner" at ATS.

I swear I remember reading something here how he was harvesting emails or doing some other questionable technical thing and now that this person has blasted his simulation theory bullshit all over at ATS and is claiming owner status, I find it highly suspicious.

Thanks!

During the first crash of ATS in 2021(?), where the payments for the server allegedly were dismissed due to expired credit card, this simulation theory guy instantly tried to took advantage. The person then came to what is now called PhantomZone discord, a relative known discord server to advertise. PhantomZone is a discord channel founded by an ATS mod but it's not connected to ATS. It is used as a fallback and many on ATS are in that channel.

Now take this with a grain of salt, somewhere along the lines when the ATS crash happened, I think I remember I saw a redirect to his bullshit simulation theory website, but I am not really sure. When refreshing back then, it was gone. Could be me confusing a lonely thread though, out of memory.

The simulation guy back then already acted very possessive, as in, climbing the hill of attention and advertising his website and own discord channel as fallback. 

There are actually 2 players at work that constantly advertise for their own stuff. One is GolgotaBridge and might be innocent and just wrong time and place giving genuine help... and the other is "ThePastor" aka simulation theory guy. There is a third player that might be one of the two and it's the spammer that spams discord and ATS every few months about buying his book with bitcoins.

It's all a bit hazy for me. This current event however feels like a take over. They already call it the new ATS and we already have religious zealot incel people on the board, talking shit about women.

JosiahPastor is a member here, he pops in the shoutbox like everybody here likes him. been meaning to warn mods that's who everybody on TOS is blaming.

I think the mods would already have taken him down if he misbehaved similar to what's going on at ATS. Really not sure what the agenda is here about the pastor roaming this place if it's the same person. But unless T&C violation, I would not ban if I was mod out of principle. "Live and let live" concept.

I am curious what the guys over at reddit have to say, I will check that out. There's an ATS reddit channel and it's full of people with mischief about ATS.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - BIAD - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:37 PM)TDDAgain Wrote: I think the mods would already have taken him down if he misbehaved similar to what's going on at ATS. Really not sure what the agenda is here about the pastor roaming this place if it's the same person. But unless T&C violation, I would not ban if I was mod out of principle. "Live and let live" concept.

I am curious what the guys over at reddit have to say, I will check that out. There's an ATS reddit channel and it's full of people with mischief about ATS.

[Image: suspicious-eyes-looking-around.gif]

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Freija - 10-21-2023

Unfortunately, no recovery attempt and it is back up.

I have to give credit to DOTM, she is hammering this guy pretty hard.

(10-21-2023, 02:29 PM)quintessentone Wrote: If ATS is going through a planned reset, I hope it doesn't become the hate filled right wing echochamber it was before. It's great to see opinions from all angles.

It IS good to see opinions from all angles. A lot of people can't seem to handle it very well, however. They look a lot like shell-shocked soldiers, reeling from the constant political fighting and bickering of the past few years. It doesn't take much to push the buttons of a person in that state and evoke a fight or flight response in them. They tend to immediately jump to either one response or the other, bypassing all the shades of action between those two extremes.

Neither conversation nor debate can be had in environments like that, when everyone is touchy and on edge, expecting an assault from any direction at any moment. It's our goal of "moderation" here to foster an environment where conversation and debate can take place. An exchange of ideas. One may not convince an opponent to come around to their way of thinking, or they might, but either way it's not going to happen in an environment of rancor. Nothing but fighting and slapping happens then, and that's not productive.

That's why we enforce a policy of mutual, if at times grudging, respect for all members here. Folks don't have to agree, but they do have to disagree in an agreeable manner. Otherwise, no one gets heard, really, over all the shouting.

Just leave the overbearing asshole role to the mods if things start getting out of hand. We can do that, too, if we have to... we just don't often have to.

Life is better when it doesn't come to that.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - quintessentone - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:52 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 02:29 PM)quintessentone Wrote: If ATS is going through a planned reset, I hope it doesn't become the hate filled right wing echochamber it was before. It's great to see opinions from all angles.

It IS good to see opinions from all angles. A lot of people can't seem to handle it very well, however. They look a lot like shell-shocked soldiers, reeling from the constant political fighting and bickering of the past few years. It doesn't take much to push the buttons of a person in that state and evoke a fight or flight response in them. They tend to immediately jump to either one response or the other, bypassing all the shades of action between those two extremes.

Neither conversation nor debate can be had in environments like that, when everyone is touchy and on edge, expecting an assault from any direction at any moment. It's our goal of "moderation" here to foster an environment where conversation and debate can take place. An exchange of ideas. One may not convince an opponent to come around to their way of thinking, or they might, but either way it's not going to happen in an environment of rancor. Nothing but fighting and slapping happens then, and that's not productive.

That's why we enforce a policy of mutual, if at times grudging, respect for all members here. Folks don't have to agree, but they do have to disagree in an agreeable manner. Otherwise, no one gets heard, really, over all the shouting.

Just leave the overbearing asshole role to the mods if things start getting out of hand. We can do that, too, if we have to... we just don't often have to.

Life is better when it doesn't come to that.

I have reported two people to the mods there, one was following me around threads and being an azzhat and this is weird, I was able to read the pms of two other members talking about me, so I reported that too. But that was a while ago and I don't report anyone, although I am blamed for reporting them which makes them even more enraged the next time we engage. Maybe you are right, why bother engaging, just let the mods do their jobs.

(10-21-2023, 05:18 PM)quintessentone Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 05:10 PM)gortex Wrote:

Thanks!

I too find it highly suspicious , not starting a new account on a rudderless ship that's for sure.

Would it do any good for me to try to create a new password, just in case? I don't know how this data collection works.

Data collection is usually accomplished by capturing it "in the clear" during transit from where you type it in on it's way to the hash function to hash it. That hash is then compared to the hash stored in the database for verification of the password.

If I were going to create a new account there, which I'm not, I would at least use a throwaway e-mail address and password. That way, if someone is capturing data, they won't have your original primary address or password for your original account. The only things compromised to them would be the throwaway information. Not much they can do with that other than takeover the throwaway e-mail account.

Whatever you do, don't try to change the password on your original account just yet. It won't work to get you into the account anyhow, and you might just be giving the keys to your account to an attacker for them to take over at will.

ATS scares me now.

Big Eyes

I'm fluffy and delicate.

Red tantrum

I'm your exact opposite - I'm delicate and fluffy!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - TDDAgain - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:46 PM)Freija Wrote: Unfortunately, no recovery attempt and it is back up.

I have to give credit to DOTM, she is hammering this guy pretty hard.

I would be pissed too if I serviced ATS for so long and now seeing it go to the swines.

(10-21-2023, 08:11 PM)Freija Wrote: Hopefully, they've pulled the plug on the damn thing or the malicious actors screwed something up?

I just got this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1417]

Someone might have finally got the bright idea to disconnect the site from the internet while they work on getting it fixed.

(10-21-2023, 08:17 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:

Thanks!

We've already been warned about him, way back when he first signed up. So far, all he's done here is post threads promoting his new religion, so as far as I'm concerned the First Amendment covers him there. Lately he's been promoting "fundraising" for that religion, just like any other Dollar Preacher, and that's getting a little iffy. Until he crosses a line, however, he's as welcome here as anyone else.

In a marketplace of ideas, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - yuppa - 10-21-2023

JOsiah might be having some legal issues heading his way if its true he did this. above network will sue him for loss revenue.

I did e mail the owner last night of ATS,and looks like he got the message by taking it offline a bit on and off to try and fix it.
ANYOne who is THIS petty needs to be drug out in the street and massacred. not just shot,im talking about to a bloody pulp where they have to use a shovel to pick them up.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - DontTreadOnMe - 10-21-2023

We all got shadow banned on ATS.  Such a sad time for the ATS Community.
Thankfully, RN4 is here.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 11:13 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: We all got shadow banned on ATS.  Such a sad time for the ATS Community.
Thankfully, RN4 is here.

I know the feeling.

Smile