Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-21-2023

Funny,

So what did the hackers actually do? Ban all previous accounts or wipe them completely?

Who would complain about moderation on this board? Rouge Nation is quite calm by comparison I think.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - dbcowboy - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 02:20 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Funny,

So what did the hackers actually do? Ban all previous accounts or wipe them completely?

Who would complain about moderation on this board? Rouge Nation is quite calm by comparison I think.

Ninurta had some interesting insight into this issue in this thread.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - quintessentone - 10-21-2023

If ATS is going through a planned reset, I hope it doesn't become the hate filled right wing echochamber it was before. It's great to see opinions from all angles.

(10-21-2023, 02:29 PM)quintessentone Wrote: If ATS is going through a planned reset, I hope it doesn't become the hate filled right wing echochamber it was before. It's great to see opinions from all angles.

Planned?

(10-21-2023, 02:33 PM)Infolurker Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 02:29 PM)quintessentone Wrote: If ATS is going through a planned reset, I hope it doesn't become the hate filled right wing echochamber it was before. It's great to see opinions from all angles.

Planned?

If...planned. It's odd that there was moderation quickly enacted yesterday and today there seems to be tinkering in the backroom. So whoever is there is keeping ATS in it's present state. Now avatars are visible whereas they were not before, I'm guessing they have a new forum program up and running, who knows why? Maybe they lost their advertisers because of all the anti-trangender and shaming justice warrior threads. Companies these days want to protect their bottom lines. It's all speculation at this point.

Still?

I thought anyone who blasphemed against the transgender lobbyist were removed without warning or notice back in May in the great Christian purge? 

LOL

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - sailorsam - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 04:01 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: So, I guess I'll be here more.

new theory; someone on Rogue Nation sabotaged ATS
shame on you (insert 'shame' emoji)

I ended up opening a new account with new username.
once they get back up (presuming they do) I hope they don't ban me for mulit-accounting.

none of the avatars work, which sucks.  the avatars are one of the best things about these boards.

Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just make sure you use a throw away email and password.

Reasons I did not make another ATS account:

1) There were reports of "someone" editing posts.. not just removing or striking something but actually changing the content of what you submitted. Hell no, not going to have someone edit my posts to say things I did not say.

2) Solicitation via email. Yes, I had a couple of "invitations" from ATS Mods to join other communities, research, etc.

3) Not worth it. If they want to ban their top posters on a whim without warnings, notice, etc. then why continue providing content and give them clicks / revenue?

(10-21-2023, 03:16 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:

Wink

SmallLOL Deny ignorance db.

(10-21-2023, 03:19 PM)quintessentone Wrote:

Wink

I try, but then get called a hatey.

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - TDDAgain - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 02:14 PM)quintessentone Wrote: [quote pid="11807" dateline="1697892751"]
Nope just the usual trolls from before the hack job or reset or whatever and there is moderation, I'm just not sure what the goal of the type of moderation being used is yet. How can you talk about moral preachers when you and others left because of the lack of common manners, isn't that right?

[/quote]

I did not leave, that is your assumption.

But I see you felt addressed, so there seems to be some kind of personal awareness. Interesting.

(10-21-2023, 03:29 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:

Wink

Smile

Yeah, welcome to my world - only in reverse perspective.

(10-21-2023, 03:37 PM)quintessentone Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 03:29 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:

Wink

Smile

Yeah, welcome to my world - only in reverse perspective.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 09:06 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 08:59 AM)yuppa Wrote: So does ANYON know a way to recover out ACCESS to our profiles? Because if this went on 1 time,its gonna happen again unless the problems fixed.

Explanation: Here is a link to all your old ATS threads ok ...

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/yuppa

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps you. 

Smile

DAMN! The Mudpit topics are still squashed  Angry

(10-21-2023, 10:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 09:09 AM)yuppa Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 08:59 AM)yuppa Wrote: Well Aint this soem horse shit. SOMEONE on the mod team  leaked the info. Im betting the same person who PRETENDED to be ASTRO. i HOPE the person or persons who deleted the passwords and e mails is killed in a horroble way one day. IF they were on fire in front of me saying help me i wouldnt piss on them to put them out.

So does ANYON know a way to recover out ACCESS to our profiles? Because if this went on 1 time,its gonna happen again unless the problems fixed.

Thanks OL,but will we be able to re register with the same user since th ee mail addie isnt working anymore or is it jsut a dead profile with no way to restore it once the Owner gets in th eback end?

Anything we could say over here would be pure speculation at this point, and the very first speculation would be the assumption that the owner can even get in to the back end. There is a chance they can't, so we don't know. Recently, for example, a vulnerability was found in Cisco equipment that allows anyone to enter at a top level and make back end changes.. they could, for example, delete all owner and admin access to their own equipment, and lock it down from them. We don't know that is what happened, but we don't know it isn't, either. we just don't know what happened, so anything we say in that regard would be pure speculation at this point.

That's a Gem Dandy ROFLULz  Smile

(10-21-2023, 03:33 PM)TDDAgain Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 02:14 PM)quintessentone Wrote: [quote pid="11807" dateline="1697892751"]
Nope just the usual trolls from before the hack job or reset or whatever and there is moderation, I'm just not sure what the goal of the type of moderation being used is yet. How can you talk about moral preachers when you and others left because of the lack of common manners, isn't that right?

But I see you felt addressed, so there seems to be some kind of personal awareness. Interesting.
[/quote]

I was informed by another member here that is why most of you left ATS, if that is wrong information for you then fine, but it may be correct information for others.

A member named DarkOwner is posting there now claiming that they made a programming error and for all of us there to stop the insanity. I'm sceptical that it is the actual owner, but who knows?

ATS is extremely volatile and dangerous right now. Be careful especially if you started a new account! 
Shocked
Don't be naïve 

(10-21-2023, 04:10 PM)quintessentone Wrote:

I was informed by another member here that is why most of you left ATS, if that is wrong information for you then fine, but it may be correct information for others.

A member named DarkOwner is posting there now claiming that they made a programming error and for all of us there to stop the insanity. I'm sceptical that it is the actual owner, but who knows?
[/quote]

I'm going to wait a bit.

"Never trust anything on the internet."
-Abraham Lincoln

[/quote]

Chances of THAT being the "Owner" is slim and none  Smile

(10-21-2023, 04:15 PM)xuenchen Wrote:

Chances of THAT being the "Owner" is slim and none  Smile
[/quote]

Quote:I absolutely agree with you. The posting behaviour is off and seems to have a lack of authoritarianism.  Smile