Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 08:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 06:18 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Unfortunately, the pics where on a laptop, that the cat decided was taking up too much room on the table (a bar high table) and knocked it to the floor.  I'm saving up the money for the guys in town to retrieve just the pics, but they want a bit over 200.00 just for that.  Hundreds of pics on it.   I now have an 2T external drive, ever pic goes on!

There is a type of data cable you can get to turn that dead laptop's hard drive into an "external" data drive. I told Grace what I needed, and she found one on Amazon for about 15 bucks that I used to recover the data from one of my laptops that had died an ignoble death.

The cable has a connector on one end for a 2 1/2  inch hard drive (most laptops use those), and the other end has a USB connector. You just remove the hard drive from the dead laptop, and cable it in to a still living computer, and voila! You have access to recover whatever you want from the old hard drive, all by yourself. It's like using a portable hard drive without the external housing.

Assuming the fall did not butcher the read head of the hard drive, that might be a better way to go than paying an exorbitant amount to a recovery service to rifle through your personal data on the computer.

Just look how that went for Hunter Biden!

The cable has to be one of those special ones with the 2 1/2 inch connection on one end. A regular portable hard drive cable won't work, because portable hard drives have a connector interface in the housing between the actual hard drive and the external cable that switches the connector so that you are not connecting directly to the hard drive inside the case... so they use different cables.

Something to think about.

SATA to USB Adapter Cable

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ANNEE - 10-28-2023

Well, they let me back in at the ATS "drama house".  Fully restored with all my credentials.

I mostly read.  As I do here also.  

Thank you for being here for crisis counseling -- I feel so "dirty" using you.  Well, not really -- cuz I actually check in here on a not-so regular basis to catch up on the happenings.

ANNEE

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - kdog - 10-28-2023

(10-27-2023, 11:36 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 10:59 PM)kdog Wrote: Yes it was, but started a new account as Doggy1 using my original email ,but proclaimed I was Kdog in a introduction thread.

if i'm not mistaken didn't you say you use to be kdog in one of those threads.
i'm pretty sure those that wield the ban hammers have long and unforgiving memories.

damn i'm dyslectic as shit these past few days you wrote in the reply post.

Can't help but give them a jab when I can.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - yuppa - 10-28-2023

(10-27-2023, 09:50 PM)DISRAELI Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 09:28 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 09:06 PM)kdog Wrote: Damn, I already got banned from there. I didn't anything.

Wasn't your old account already banned?

I googled out of curiosity, and he's right. The thread in which he revealed his old identity has been deleted, and the new account is banned.

depends on WHY the old account was banned if you can return with a new name.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-28-2023

(10-27-2023, 11:45 PM)xuenchen Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 06:18 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Unfortunately, the pics where on a laptop, that the cat decided was taking up too much room on the table (a bar high table) and knocked it to the floor.  I'm saving up the money for the guys in town to retrieve just the pics, but they want a bit over 200.00 just for that.  Hundreds of pics on it.   I now have an 2T external drive, ever pic goes on!

There is a type of data cable you can get to turn that dead laptop's hard drive into an "external" data drive. I told Grace what I needed, and she found one on Amazon for about 15 bucks that I used to recover the data from one of my laptops that had died an ignoble death.

The cable has a connector on one end for a 2 1/2  inch hard drive (most laptops use those), and the other end has a USB connector. You just remove the hard drive from the dead laptop, and cable it in to a still living computer, and voila! You have access to recover whatever you want from the old hard drive, all by yourself. It's like using a portable hard drive without the external housing.

Assuming the fall did not butcher the read head of the hard drive, that might be a better way to go than paying an exorbitant amount to a recovery service to rifle through your personal data on the computer.

The cable has to be one of those special ones with the 2 1/2 inch connection on one end. A regular portable hard drive cable won't work, because portable hard drives have a connector interface in the housing between the actual hard drive and the external cable that switches the connector so that you are not connecting directly to the hard drive inside the case... so they use different cables.

Yep, that's the one. After I recovered that hard drive, I kept it for a backup spare external drive, but since it's not in a case, I keep both the drive and the cable in a ziplock bag all their own.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 12:12 AM)ANNEE Wrote: ...

-- I feel so "dirty" using you.  Well, not really --

ANNEE

OH my...

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ANNEE - 10-28-2023

(10-28-2023, 03:53 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 12:12 AM)ANNEE Wrote: ...

-- I feel so "dirty" using you.  Well, not really --

ANNEE

OH my...

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-31-2023

Mods over there getting real touchy and snippy 

Big Grin Laughing

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-31-2023

Sounds like all the previous accounts were "scrambled" according to this post.

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1339620/pg1

Quote:Well, like most IT things reboot right? We had a volunteer sign off and try signing back on. Signing off worked great! Back on, not so much. Password didn't work. Ok, we have a mechanism in place if you forget your password, just get a reset emailed to you. NOPE. No email.

Ok... this is insanity, never seen this before. So, someone tried making a new account to post. Worked like a charm. New name, new password, able to post, all is well. Essentially what we had was ALL existing accounts had been "scrambled" so new accounts were required.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - p358 - 10-31-2023

All of this going all the way back to the first purge is planned.

Now the question is ... is it white hats protecting some people ... or is it black hats trying to silence certain people.

Could also be white hats keeping a lid on certain info they do not want spread.  The initial purge was just too selective.

If you believe the whole thing is down to someone's boo boo then I have an invisible bridge to sell you.

Step back and wait is my advice.

When confronted by an enemy, sometimes 'Do Nothing and wait' is the best plan of action.

PSmile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-31-2023

You would have to know which "threads" were disappeared.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - p358 - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 02:12 AM)Infolurker Wrote: You would have to know which "threads" were disappeared.

The threads wiped out were simply the catalyst. 

The operation was planned, the catalyst were the go signal for the operation.

This took planning ... to be activated under certain conditions.  The conditions were met, the plan was activated.

Horse and cart time.

PSmile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Bally002 - 10-31-2023

(10-31-2023, 01:31 AM)p358 Wrote: All of this going all the way back to the first purge is planned.

Now the question is ... is it white hats protecting some people ... or is it black hats trying to silence certain people.

Could also be white hats keeping a lid on certain info they do not want spread.  The initial purge was just too selective.

If you believe the whole thing is down to someone's boo boo then I have an invisible bridge to sell you.

Step back and wait is my advice.

When confronted by an enemy, sometimes 'Do Nothing and wait' is the best plan of action.

PSmile
That's all I can do Pete.

Kind regards,

BallySmile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-31-2023

(10-28-2023, 03:07 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 11:45 PM)xuenchen Wrote:

Yep, that's the one. After I recovered that hard drive, I kept it for a backup spare external drive, but since it's not in a case, I keep both the drive and the cable in a ziplock bag all their own.

Um.... Yeah, if I decide to do this, I will have to schedule a time when all of you computer folks are on.  There will be step by step hand holding needed.  Scares me just thinking about, but I did save that cable in my wish list.

And why in the heck, did they let in some old members, just to ban them again?  WTH?

Just saw 2 of you in 1 thread, banned.  BS. And what Kdog said. Stupid!