Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 05:46 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 05:24 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Well, I learned a valuable lesson from all this, besides "backup all my damn pictures!"  LOL
There was a member over there, that I respected.
While all this was going on, they literally made a post, bragging about the (Naming) member that they had goaded into attacking them, and getting them banned.

The post has been deleted of course.  But it sadly drilled home how naive I am sometimes, in trusting people that "act" nice.

And screw them for doing that to me.

But at least I can get my stuff now, YEA!  LOL

Good rule of thumb is to always save pic to your device before uploading to any websites. I spent at least a month last year downloading pics from my FB page so I don't lose them when I eventually get banned there.

People at ATS are just like people everywhere: They only show you what they want you to see and it's shocking when you see someone's true colors whether they are acquaintances on the web or a lifelong RL friend. Wasn't it Steve Irwin that said "... at least crocodiles don't pretend to be your friend before they try to kill you"?
Unfortunately, the pics where on a laptop, that the cat decided was taking up too much room on the table (a bar high table) and knocked it to the floor.  I'm saving up the money for the guys in town to retrieve just the pics, but they want a bit over 200.00 just for that.  Hundreds of pics on it.   I now have an 2T external drive, ever pic goes on!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Moon68 - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 05:46 PM)MisterSpock Wrote: For those that arent as comfortable on the net doing the discord thing.

I'd be happy to help get you back on ATS.

Just goto Walmart and buy a few 50 dollar gift cards, send me the numbers on the back and I'll get the process rolling.

Yeah, if you could just go ahead and hook that up, the gift cards are in the mail....pinky swear and promise  Sure

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 05:17 PM)gortex Wrote: Those who want to go back now have an avenue to do so thanks to Ghost , take it or don't that's an individual choice but it seems easy enough to do without having your hand held , not having a go at you but Ghost retrieved the site for those who wanted it retrieving , he didn't have to do it but he did I guess partly due to his own curiosity , how long the site remains online with nobody at the helm remains to be seen.

I have no beef with anyone on either site. It is a personal choice. Many of those that come to RN after an event, are just looking for a place to find information. Many here visit regularly on both forums, so this is a good place to hunker down and share information. Some even use Discord, for those members of Discord making the re-connection, is probably no big deal. For those that are not familiar with Discord, and that have had no prior interactions with the member Ghost, they may have some questions and concerns. 

It seems most are looking for things to go back to what they once were. I am not sure how much old normal is in our futures, new normal seems to be the thing.

I am not able to log into ATS, and again, personally, I don't want to join another forum to get re-connected to ATS. That is just me. I am sure in the end, everyone will be where they want to be. And if there is another event, it is a good thing that we have RN and Discord to find out what is going on and still communicate with each other.

Personally, there is so much going on, so many possibilities, and so much chaos and drama, that I am doing less personal online socializing and more real life socializing. When the world keeps handing you lemons, you learn to make some kick ass lemonade.

In love

(10-27-2023, 06:18 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Unfortunately, the pics where on a laptop, that the cat decided was taking up too much room on the table (a bar high table) and knocked it to the floor.  I'm saving up the money for the guys in town to retrieve just the pics, but they want a bit over 200.00 just for that.  Hundreds of pics on it.   I now have an 2T external drive, ever pic goes on!

I feel you. I lost a laptop to the demands of my cat also. While being a lot more cautious. I don' think either of us learned anything from the lost. The very expensive lost.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-27-2023

Funny now the latest glitch is some email servers are rejecting ATS 

according to djarums 

hotmail and yahoo and maybe others

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - LogicalGraffiti - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 04:54 PM)Snarl Wrote: We have no restrictions posting NASA/Space News here. Are you asking for a Forum Topic to be created?

Also, no one has a problem with folks posting here & @ TOS. You can enjoy yourself on both venues and no one will judge (you ... dirty ...  Laughing ).

Probably better if you invest yourself more over here ... if the costs to host ATS are coming to an end.

Actually, I brought it up because Gortex would post occasional images from Mars, JWST and other things related to space exploration on ATS.  It's fascinating stuff that I don't go looking for otherwise.  So, if Gortex would do the same on RN, that's one less reason to go to ATS.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Moon68 - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 06:48 PM)xuenchen Wrote: *****

according to djarums 

Smile

Great. Old only yahoo user here. Hopefully, by the time I get home tonight and wrap up chores and get time to feck around on discord (aka. figure out how to DM there) our resident tech genius will have a work around figured out.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 07:36 PM)Moon68 Wrote:

according to djarums 

Smile

Great. Old only yahoo user here. Hopefully, by the time I get home tonight and wrap up chores and get time to feck around on discord (aka. figure out how to DM there) our resident tech genius will have a work around figured out.

They're saying you can PM djarums on ATS directly if you have a 2nd account.

They want the original username and an email address.

just another way

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Skye - 10-27-2023

according to djarums 

Smile

SmallKillingPC 

Probably from all of those spam posts, maybe the site was reported!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 06:18 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Unfortunately, the pics where on a laptop, that the cat decided was taking up too much room on the table (a bar high table) and knocked it to the floor.  I'm saving up the money for the guys in town to retrieve just the pics, but they want a bit over 200.00 just for that.  Hundreds of pics on it.   I now have an 2T external drive, ever pic goes on!

So some advice: One day I woke up and my laptop completely bit the dust- like wouldn't even power ON at all, not even with a different battery or power cord. Kdog found a video on Youtube. He hooked his computer to mine and even though my laptop wouldn't power up my files showed up on his screen. Then just popped in a thumb drive and saved everything I wanted to save, plugged drive into my new laptop and uploaded all the files I saved. And it only cost a less than $10 thumb drive.  Good luck!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Freija - 10-27-2023

The emails have been problematic and you need one to receive your new password. It doesn't matter if it is a new one or an old one as long as it works. Many private domain or ISP accounts haven't gone through like Joe@whatever.com and it is recommended to use Gmail as it has proven the most reliable. If needed, it is easy to set up a throwaway Gmail account to use one time for this purpose then delete it.

You get an email with a temporary password to log into your old account with. Once signed in with everything fine, go into your account and change your password.

As far as contacting Djarums either through Discord or through pm at ATS (if you created a new account and have 20 posts), it should be noted that he is going away for the weekend so if you do make a request, it probably won't get handled until Sunday evening or Monday?

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-27-2023

There is a type of data cable you can get to turn that dead laptop's hard drive into an "external" data drive. I told Grace what I needed, and she found one on Amazon for about 15 bucks that I used to recover the data from one of my laptops that had died an ignoble death.

The cable has a connector on one end for a 2 1/2  inch hard drive (most laptops use those), and the other end has a USB connector. You just remove the hard drive from the dead laptop, and cable it in to a still living computer, and voila! You have access to recover whatever you want from the old hard drive, all by yourself. It's like using a portable hard drive without the external housing.

Assuming the fall did not butcher the read head of the hard drive, that might be a better way to go than paying an exorbitant amount to a recovery service to rifle through your personal data on the computer.

Just look how that went for Hunter Biden!

The cable has to be one of those special ones with the 2 1/2 inch connection on one end. A regular portable hard drive cable won't work, because portable hard drives have a connector interface in the housing between the actual hard drive and the external cable that switches the connector so that you are not connecting directly to the hard drive inside the case... so they use different cables.

Something to think about.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - kdog - 10-27-2023

Damn, I already got banned from there. I didn't anything.

according to djarums 

Smile

That's probably a glitch in the e-mail transmission rules. I've discovered that Gmail rejects e-mail from RN servers here, as a couple others also do it. That's why folks were not getting their confirmation e-mails or password change e-mails that were auto generated by our servers, and we have had to personally go in and activate new accounts or make password changes. There is some sort of verification protocol that Gmail requires that is missing from our servers which causes Gmail to reject them out of hand and send them back to us. It's not anything nefarious, just a case of one machine not wanting to talk to another one because it's not giving it a state verified ID card first.

(10-27-2023, 09:06 PM)kdog Wrote: Damn, I already got banned from there. I didn't anything.

Wasn't your old account already banned?

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ChiefD - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 09:06 PM)kdog Wrote: Damn, I already got banned from there. I didn't anything.

Oh no, that's jacked up!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - DISRAELI - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 09:28 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

I googled out of curiosity, and he's right. The thread in which he revealed his old identity has been deleted, and the new account is banned.

! - ChiefD - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 09:50 PM)DISRAELI Wrote:

I googled out of curiosity, and he's right. The thread in which he revealed his old identity has been deleted, and the new account is banned.

That is so unfair and messed up!

RE: ! - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 10:02 PM)ChiefD Wrote: That is so unfair and messed up!

There is a particular mod over there that has it in for Kdog, he's been having it in for him since he and I first joined there, so 2011? That's a long damned time to be grudging so hard! 

(And before you ask No, it's not DTOM.)

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - kdog - 10-27-2023

Yes it was, but started a new account as Doggy1 using my original email ,but proclaimed I was Kdog in a introduction thread.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - SomeJackleg - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 10:59 PM)kdog Wrote: Yes it was, but started a new account as Doggy1 using my original email ,but proclaimed I was Kdog in a introduction thread.

if i'm not mistaken didn't you say you use to be kdog in one of those threads.
i'm pretty sure those that wield the ban hammers have long and unforgiving memories.

damn i'm dyslectic as shit these past few days you wrote in the reply post.