Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - p358 - 10-27-2023

Would you all be careful please.

Just a note ... a reminder for all ... it was DTOM who wielded the ban hammer back in May!!!

DTOM was promoted just before the purge and she was wielding the ban hammer with joy.

Just think a little before rejoining at the current moment.

Careful who you follow.

PSmile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ANNEE - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 02:11 AM)p358 Wrote: Would you all be careful please.

Just a note ... a reminder for all ... it was DTOM who wielded the ban hammer back in May!!!

DTOM was promoted just before the purge and she was wielding the ban hammer with joy.

Careful who you follow.

PSmile
Yeah, but who ever thought they'd be thrilled to see "Off Topic Post" again  Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-27-2023

(10-26-2023, 10:06 PM)Freija Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 10:01 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: It didn't work for me.

Sure

Apparently you have to dm _GHOST_ on Discord with your info and a new email you would like to use. From the email, use the temporary password then the password reset is supposed to work.

Yes, That works.

Cool

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 12:38 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It is just me. I am too old for the amount of drama smeared across the WWW. I had only two places I spent my time. I am not joining anything else on the internet. My job tried to get me to join Facebook. I refused because any new socializing I do, I prefer for it to be face to face, in real time.

I am just making my way in the world today, and it is taking everything I've got. I sometimes just need to take a break from all my worries, because it sure does help a lot, so sometimes I just have to get away.

Sometimes I gotta go where everybody knows my name. And they're always glad I came. I wanna be where I can see, our troubles are all the same, I just wanna be where everybody knows my name.

See what I did there?  Love it

Laughing

I dunno whether to picture you as Diane or Carla.

I'm thinking Carla. She's got more smarts vs. Diane's book learnin'.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-27-2023

Careful who you follow.

PSmile

Yeah, somehow that makes sense in hindsight. No biggie, I am done with that place.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - yuppa - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 02:22 AM)ANNEE Wrote:

Careful who you follow.

PSmile
Yeah, but who ever thought they'd be thrilled to see "Off Topic Post" again  Smile

i cant get discord to run on my computer lol. so im stuck  unless i can senf DJ a PM instead. i thought he had the e mails on file we registered with already?

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Infolurker - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 04:23 AM)yuppa Wrote: i cant get discord to run on my computer lol. so im stuck  unless i can senf DJ a PM instead. i thought he had the e mails on file we registered with already?

Who knows if those have been tampered with, changed, etc.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Michigan Swamp Buck - 10-27-2023

Here is the process on how to get back in your old account at ATS.

You join Disord, and get an invite link to a private chatroom called "The Phantom Zone", then find someone called _GHOST_ or someone else called Djarums.

Give them your ATS username and any email address you use. Then go to ATS and have the website reset your password using the email and username.

Whatever, I'm not about to take this crap any further. They need to come up with a notice and a system for people to use, a process for members to reset their passwords. This word-of-mouth bullshit on a stupid private chat service designed for gamers, to make contact with who the hell knows to ask them to reset my membership password using any email I wanted to use is totally out of the question. This is Mad Hatter's tea party insanity in a rabbit hole I don't want to even peek down. Pure lunacy IMO.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - p358 - 10-27-2023

Why can't Casper join here and save us from having to go through these training hoops.

djarum could join as well.

They don't want to???

Think please.  Caution.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger.

PSmile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - F2d5thCav - 10-27-2023

Chatter on discord is that ATS is headed for a shut-down, although a controlled one vice what we've seen the last few days.

No idea what the real situation is.

Cheers

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - DISRAELI - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 11:04 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Chatter on discord is that ATS is headed for a shut-down, although a controlled one vice what we've seen the last few days.

Cheers

Part of the theory is that the "new buyer" owners, having effectively abandoned the site, might not bother to pay for the domain name when it is about to lapse.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - SomeJackleg - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 11:04 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Chatter on discord is that ATS is headed for a shut-down, although a controlled one vice what we've seen the last few days.

Cheers

in one of the deleted threads i read it's due date is april 24 2024. one where "mrsdarko" was arguing with one of the fake darko accounts. so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 05:26 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Here is the process on how to get back in your old account at ATS.

You join Disord, and get an invite link to a private chatroom called "The Phantom Zone", then find someone called _GHOST_ or someone else called Djarums.

Give them your ATS username and any email address you use. Then go to ATS and have the website reset your password using the email and username.

Whatever, I'm not about to take this crap any further. They need to come up with a notice and a system for people to use, a process for members to reset their passwords. This word-of-mouth bullshit on a stupid private chat service designed for gamers, to make contact with who the hell knows to ask them to reset my membership password using any email I wanted to use is totally out of the question. This is Mad Hatter's tea party insanity in a rabbit hole I don't want to even peek down. Pure lunacy IMO.

Does not sound like something that is very wise to do, especially for a site that was just taken over by an unknown, and an unknown that seemed hell bent on destruction, and who had no love or respect for anyone, especially the ones that they viewed as diehard ATS fans. 

It doesn’t seem to be a trust factor, as much as an intelligence factor.

But what do I know.

(10-27-2023, 05:44 AM)p358 Wrote: Why can't Casper join here and save us from having to go through these training hoops.

djarum could join as well.

They don't want to???

Think please.  Caution.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger.

PSmile

Yeah. It gives me the Willy’s just thinking about it.

A little like opening the front door and inviting the vampire in.

What could possibly go wrong.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - dbcowboy - 10-27-2023

I knew it!

Space Vampires!  (from outer space)

Big Eyes Big Eyes

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - KKLOCO - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 12:11 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:

Cheers

in one of the deleted threads i read it's due date is april 24 2024. one where "mrsdarko" was arguing with one of the fake darko accounts. so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

Mrs Darko never existed. It was a Dorko sock account. Dorko was a piece of shit. Looks like he’s out of the picture and has been for four months.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Snarl - 10-27-2023

(10-26-2023, 11:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't mean any harm, but I am running down, and I really don't post much anymore any way, so I will not be missed.

That's the beauty of RN3: You'd damned sure be missed from this place.

(10-26-2023, 11:20 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: Tell me you'll post NASA/space news here and I'll forego going back to ATS.

We have no restrictions posting NASA/Space News here. Are you asking for a Forum Topic to be created?

Also, no one has a problem with folks posting here & @ TOS. You can enjoy yourself on both venues and no one will judge (you ... dirty ...  Laughing ).

Probably better if you invest yourself more over here ... if the costs to host ATS are coming to an end.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - gortex - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 05:44 AM)p358 Wrote: Why can't Casper join here and save us from having to go through these training hoops.

Those who want to go back now have an avenue to do so thanks to Ghost , take it or don't that's an individual choice but it seems easy enough to do without having your hand held , not having a go at you but Ghost retrieved the site for those who wanted it retrieving , he didn't have to do it but he did I guess partly due to his own curiosity , how long the site remains online with nobody at the helm remains to be seen.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-27-2023

Well, I learned a valuable lesson from all this, besides "backup all my damn pictures!"  LOL
There was a member over there, that I respected.
While all this was going on, they literally made a post, bragging about the (Naming) member that they had goaded into attacking them, and getting them banned.

The post has been deleted of course.  But it sadly drilled home how naive I am sometimes, in trusting people that "act" nice.

And screw them for doing that to me.

But at least I can get my stuff now, YEA!  LOL

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - MisterSpock - 10-27-2023

For those that arent as comfortable on the net doing the discord thing.

I'd be happy to help get you back on ATS.

Just goto Walmart and buy a few 50 dollar gift cards, send me the numbers on the back and I'll get the process rolling.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-27-2023

(10-27-2023, 05:24 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Well, I learned a valuable lesson from all this, besides "backup all my damn pictures!"  LOL
There was a member over there, that I respected.
While all this was going on, they literally made a post, bragging about the (Naming) member that they had goaded into attacking them, and getting them banned.

The post has been deleted of course.  But it sadly drilled home how naive I am sometimes, in trusting people that "act" nice.

And screw them for doing that to me.

But at least I can get my stuff now, YEA!  LOL

Good rule of thumb is to always save pic to your device before uploading to any websites. I spent at least a month last year downloading pics from my FB page so I don't lose them when I eventually get banned there.

People at ATS are just like people everywhere: They only show you what they want you to see and it's shocking when you see someone's true colors whether they are acquaintances on the web or a lifelong RL friend. Wasn't it Steve Irwin that said "... at least crocodiles don't pretend to be your friend before they try to kill you"?