Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - dbcowboy - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 03:28 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 03:24 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I don't think anyone's in jail.  That claim was also made about me and the site.  I think either the site owners got bored, a server messed up somewhere or it was a glorious hack.

Either way, getting  TOS back up and running is going to take some heavy lifting.

from what they posted about you, you really pissed somebody off and it got personal for them. i would think about packing 24/7.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I know!

It's all about the digital ego.

People identify, not as themselves in the real world, but by how they portray themselves online.

Online I'm a smartass, principled, and sometimes/often an asshole.

But in the real world I'm actually a quiet guy, with a wife, getting ready to retire and am an introvert.

We have dogs.

We like to read.

When I log off or walk away from the confuser, I don't take it with me.

I'm actually more reasoned when I do serious political writing for American Thinker etc, than just on the boards, here I can rant, flesh out opinions, and get a grasp on what is actually going on.

But now I'm rambling. . . . .

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - RickinVa - 10-23-2023

Nice to see some familiar faces!

(10-23-2023, 03:48 PM)RickinVa Wrote: Nice to see some familiar faces!

Welcome!

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - CoyoteAngel - 10-23-2023

(10-20-2023, 07:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 06:48 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I stand corrected.

It's just a different sort of attack, a little more sophisticated and a lot more permanent. In a DDoS, "hackers" use a tool like LOIC ("Low Orbital Ion Cannon") software to bombard a site from a couple million computer bots around the world with requests for service. That gobs up the server with requests so that legitimate requests can't get through, and appears to the end user as if the site is down until the attack is over.

Removing a login database requires back-end access, a true hack. Another alternative is a hard drive containing the login info just throws up and quits. Whether the accounts can be restored or not depends on the state of their backups, and the location of the backups - whether it's really safe or not.

I wonder if a script wasnt executed to do a global ban?   There were 5 known survivors based on screen shot of the online users right after the wipe.   And the fact that backups haven't yet been restored and they would have been by now.   

I think it's been and 'inside job' done with purpose in mind.   More will be revealed.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ancientlight - 10-23-2023

(10-22-2023, 10:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Ban or reset, I have to sit this one out.

My life is too full of drama and chaos to add any more.

I only had two places on the internet that I visited regularly. Now there is one. Without RN then there will be none.

I hope that RN remains my hideaway. The place I come when I need to stay awake while waiting for that call, and a place where I can take my mind off the ugly realities that life often drops in my lap.

Without RN I will be left with mindless hours of cryptograms and puzzle games. Leaving me cross eyed and furiously fighting sleep.

Without RN I will be completely unconnected. I don't do social media. I don't do influencers. I watch the internet news with much skepticism, and I don't trust any of it.

I am not signing up for any more forums. So if I lose RN, I will be unplugged, and sleeping on the job.
Same for me . I don't do social media other than , used to be ATS (unless it goes back to how it was ) , and here .
I've always felt people are nicer here at least  In love

I would be okay with staying in touch , with you and others , by email or so ? In case RN goes down as well.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 04:40 PM)ancientlight Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 10:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Ban or reset, I have to sit this one out.

I only had two places on the internet that I visited regularly. Now there is one. Without RN then there will be none.

I hope that RN remains my hideaway. The place I come when I need to stay awake while waiting for that call, and a place where I can take my mind off the ugly realities that life often drops in my lap.

Without RN I will be left with mindless hours of cryptograms and puzzle games. Leaving me cross eyed and furiously fighting sleep.

Without RN I will be completely unconnected. I don't do social media. I don't do influencers. I watch the internet news with much skepticism, and I don't trust any of it.

I am not signing up for any more forums. So if I lose RN, I will be unplugged, and sleeping on the job.
Same for me . I don't do social media other than , used to be ATS (unless it goes back to how it was ) , and here .

I would be okay with staying in touch , with you and others , by email or so ? In case RN goes down as well.
Would be nice just to make sure people are ok, when you don't hear from them for a while, especially if something did happen here as well.  Not that I don't have the utmost faith in Ninurta & his team.   Cool

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - gortex - 10-23-2023

Strange thing is I'm still logged in , it shows me as offline in my profile and I can't access my picture gallery or post replies but can still star posts but not flag , still have access to top bar stuff like profile , account , and the like.

If there is still an "owner" other than Pastor why haven't they flicked the switch and taken it down ? , ATS is still HTTPS secure.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - KKLOCO - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 05:03 PM)gortex Wrote: Strange thing is I'm still logged in , it shows me as offline in my profile and I can't access my picture gallery or post replies but can still star posts but not flag , still have access to top bar stuff like profile , account , and the like.

If there is still an "owner" other than Pastor why haven't they flicked the switch and taken it down ? , ATS is still HTTPS secure.
Somejackleg posted some screenshots of very interesting comments by old mods earlier in this thread. 

It’s appearing that the shadow bans were purposeful, and this was in the plans all along. SO did not vet out the new owners. They are torpedoing the site on purpose. I think it was clear when Darko came along that they didn’t have the communities best interests at heart. I feel bad that the team we had that tried to purchase it 2 years ago, failed. This is why I was a part of the team. I was afraid of this happening.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - quintessentone - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 05:03 PM)gortex Wrote: Strange thing is I'm still logged in , it shows me as offline in my profile and I can't access my picture gallery or post replies but can still star posts but not flag , still have access to top bar stuff like profile , account , and the like.

That sounds like what they term a posting ban. I could be wrong.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - DISRAELI - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 04:40 PM)ancientlight Wrote:

I have effective control of a Proboards Forum which was set up and then abandoned by the founders of Rogue Nation. Now has the title "Evidence Examined". Not being used for anything currently except the cross-posting of my ATS pieces and advertising my books. Could be avaiable for emergencies. https://smoking-gun.proboards.com/

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-23-2023

That reminds me...

The old Hernandos Hideway can still be posted on as well.   At least it could a few months ago.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-23-2023

In the meantime in spite of all the wild speculation and "wisdom" ATS has again managed to quell most of the political exposures and opinions, just like last May's master purge. ATS is creased and folded like tagboard in a kindergarten art classroom. 
Surprised

(10-23-2023, 05:41 PM)xuenchen Wrote: In the meantime in spite of all the wild speculation and "wisdom" ATS has again managed to quell most of the political exposures and opinions, just like last May's master purge. ATS is creased and folded like tagboard in a kindergarten art classroom. 
Surprised

Were you given a reason why you were banned? It was truly bizarre who they banned in May. It made no sense who they singled out.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - butcherguy - 10-23-2023

I just checked, I am not in jail.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Grace - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 05:40 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: That reminds me...

The old Hernandos Hideway can still be posted on as well.   At least it could a few months ago.

Do we still have our old accounts there? That would actually be a good backup...

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 05:48 PM)KKLOCO Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 05:41 PM)xuenchen Wrote: In the meantime in spite of all the wild speculation and "wisdom" ATS has again managed to quell most of the political exposures and opinions, just like last May's master purge. ATS is creased and folded like tagboard in a kindergarten art classroom. 
Surprised

Were you given a reason why you were banned? It was truly bizarre who they banned in May. It made no sense who they singled out.

No Reason. No contact. Just "~"  Wink

Most of the big bans all had "politics" in common however.

Keep in mind there's Federal Lawsuit(s) ongoing for that censorship coercion. I think ATS was targeted by Feds. Those Feds are nit picky jealous micromanagers. 
Cool
And, I still see no proof at all that SO ever actually sold ATS to anybody. ATS was always a conspiracy minded site and full of masterful illusions. Could be threatened blackmail!! 

(10-23-2023, 06:17 PM)xuenchen Wrote:
Surprised

Keep in mind there's Federal Lawsuit(s) ongoing for that censorship coercion. I think ATS was targeted by Feds. Those Feds are nit picky jealous micromanagers. 
Cool
And, I still see no proof at all that SO ever actually sold ATS to anybody. ATS was always a conspiracy minded site and full of masterful illusions. Could be threatened blackmail!! 

Very interesting. I saw people from both sides of the aisle get banned. A good example is Xcalibur254. It does appear more right leaning members were banned. Which makes no sense as Darko appeared to lean that way. Of course, who could believe anything coming out of his mouth when he pretends to be his wife.

(10-23-2023, 06:27 PM)KKLOCO Wrote:
Surprised

Cool

Very interesting. I saw people from both sides of the aisle get banned. A good example is Xcalibur254. It does appear more right leaning members were banned. Which makes no sense as Darko appeared to lean that way. Of course, who could believe anything coming out of his mouth when he pretends to be his wife.

I heard that Xcalibur came back as Threadbare.

Rolleyes

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - quintessentone - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 06:31 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 06:27 PM)KKLOCO Wrote:
Surprised

Cool

I heard that Xcalibur came back as Threadbare.

Rolleyes

I saw Threadbare admitting that he/she was Xcalibur. What can we believe?

Trust no one, believe nothing, except for my Nigerian Prince Investment Manager.

Rolleyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing