Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I think I just got banned at ATS - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: I think I just got banned at ATS (/showthread.php?tid=1349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

I think I just got banned at ATS - ancientlight - 10-20-2023

Isn't that some kind of badge of honor , for speaking the truth  Smile

The last thing I remember posting was something about Muslims hating the west, specifially the US , for being infidels. 

Can't have the truth leak out to those asleep. 

The site says my password is wrong, even though I'm 100% sure it's correct and it doesn't find my email. 

I'm also 100% sure that certain members are paid to dispel any thread with constant denying /discredit , even though what's posted makes perfect sense. 

Basically ATS is bought and paid for by CIA/FBI, who knows, but goverment at this point. No free speech allowed. 
I know it's not nice to post about another site on a site, but I think it's important to discuss.

Also , everyone here is 100 times nicer than at ATS. I just went there because it gets more traffic, more post updates etc.

In love

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - OmegaLogos - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 03:43 PM)ancientlight Wrote: Isn't that some kind of badge of honor , for speaking the truth  Smile

The last thing I remember posting was something about Muslims hating the west, specifially the US , for being infidels. 

The site says my password is wrong, even though I'm 100% sure it's correct and it doesn't find my email. 

I'm also 100% sure that certain members are paid to dispel any thread with constant denying /discredit , even though what's posted makes perfect sense. 

Basically ATS is bought and paid for by CIA/FBI, who knows, but goverment at this point. No free speech allowed. 
I know it's not nice to post about another site on a site, but I think it's important to discuss.

Also , everyone here is 100 times nicer than at ATS. I just went there because it gets more traffic, more post updates etc.

In love

Explanation: You were not banned because of what you said ok. 

ATS WAS HACKED and the password problems affect all current ATS members.

Personal Disclosure: You can find more information at ...

What's going on with ATS? Hacked? {ATS website link}

I hope this post helps you.

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Chiefsmom - 10-20-2023

LOL 
That was my first thought this morning as well.

What the heck did I post so bad?

But it turned out to be much worse.
At least for ATS.

I just keep crying about access to my stuff.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - OmegaLogos - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 03:56 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: LOL 

At least for ATS.

Explanation: You can access all your THREADS here ...

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/chiefsmom

Personal Disclosure: You wont be able to access all your replies to other threads unfortunately though.  Sad

I hope this helps you.

Smile

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - ancientlight - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 03:51 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 03:43 PM)ancientlight Wrote: Isn't that some kind of badge of honor , for speaking the truth  Smile

In love

Explanation: You were not banned because of what you said ok. 

ATS WAS HACKED and the password problems affect all current ATS members.

Personal Disclosure: You can find more information at ...

What's going on with ATS? Hacked? {ATS website link}

I hope this post helps you.

Smile

Interesting. But I think , like many have said in the ATS thread , that it has to do with the current ME situation. Maybe many were banned for saying 'bad speak' things , aka truths. Who knows , it's possible still at least.

(10-20-2023, 04:05 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 03:56 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: LOL 

At least for ATS.

Explanation: You can access all your THREADS here ...

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/chiefsmom

Personal Disclosure: You wont be able to access all your replies to other threads unfortunately though.  Sad

I hope this helps you.

Smile
You sir, are wonderful!

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-20-2023

It's down AGAIN you say?
[Image: PHIom86.gif]

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - dbcowboy - 10-20-2023

(10-20-2023, 05:19 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: It's down AGAIN you say?
[Image: PHIom86.gif]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - F2d5thCav - 10-20-2023

ancientlight--

We're all in the same boat.

My advice is make a new account (ancientlight2) and keep on posting.  Best way to give the finger to whoever did this to ATS.

Cheers

It is a free for all today.    OMG some of the banned posters are back and raising all kinds of hell.

Especially with some of the more.......
Opinionated posters.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - xuenchen - 10-20-2023

ATS is being throttled and censored

They're under DDOS attack by their own design

Guess who's funding it

Cool

(10-20-2023, 06:11 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: It is a free for all today.    OMG some of the banned posters are back and raising all kinds of hell.

Opinionated posters.

I'm leaning towards DDoS attack from one or more of the newest members

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - Ninurta - 10-20-2023

It doesn't look like a DDoS to me. Folks don't seen to have trouble accessing the site, they just can't log into their accounts. It looks more like someone deleted the user database, or crucial login information.

Reports I'm seeing are that the site is not recognizing login e-mails or passwords, which looks like a login database got zapped.

For members who have created new accounts, are you still able to see the old accounts, or are they "missing" and if they were banned? You know - missing avatar and stars, just a tilde where the stars used to be? I've not made a new account, and likely won't. My account there was 15 years old, but I've not used it much in about forever, can't see a reason to create a new one since I pretty much stopped using the old one.

Might have been someone just trying to eliminate the "Old Guard" or "Elder Statesman" hierarchy there, and put everyone onto pretty much the same chronological footing, or it might have been attackers looking for ransom, holding the login database hostage. Another possibility is that someone got the red-ass at the mods, and took them down with a nuke that destroyed their login info, and everyone else just got caught in the crossfire.

In any event, at least it's not down this time, so for folks that want to interact there, they still can by making brand new infant accounts. So, probably not a DDoS, because that would hamper access to the site period.

(10-20-2023, 06:45 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It doesn't look like a DDoS to me. Folks don't seen to have trouble accessing the site, they just can't log into their accounts. It looks more like someone deleted the user database, or crucial login information.

Reports I'm seeing are that the site is not recognizing login e-mails or passwords, which looks like a login database got zapped.

For members who have created new accounts, are you still able to see the old accounts, or are they "missing" and if they were banned? You know - missing avatar and stars, just a tilde where the stars used to be? I've not made a new account, and likely won't. My account there was 15 years old, but I've not used it much on about forever, can't see a reason to create a new one since I pretty much stopped using the old one.

Might have been someone just trying to eliminate the "Old Guard" or "Elder Statesman" hierarchy there, and put everyone onto pretty much the same chronological footing, or it might have been attackers looking for ransom, holding the login database hostage.

In any event, at least it's not down this time, so for folks that want to interact there, they still can by making brand new infacnt accounts. So, probably not a DDoS, because that would hamper access to the site period.

I stand corrected.

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - quintessentone - 10-20-2023

I hope it's something along the lines of the site actually being forced to follow their T&Cs and the laws of the land in the online protection of vulnerable users. At this point in time, it seems to be the opposite...anything goes. Maybe they are going sponsor-free?

(10-20-2023, 06:28 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 06:11 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: It is a free for all today.    OMG some of the banned posters are back and raising all kinds of hell.

Opinionated posters.

I'm leaning towards DDoS attack from one or more of the newest members

What I've gathered so far, you can see all your old account stuff, you just can't log into it, so no access to your pictures, PM's, that kind of thing.  And even the mods are locked out of their accounts, so no modding going on, hence the free for all, which, to be honest, hasn't gotten as bad as it could have.

Sorry, Thought I replied to Ninurta!

(10-20-2023, 06:48 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: I stand corrected.

It's just a different sort of attack, a little more sophisticated and a lot more permanent. In a DDoS, "hackers" use a tool like LOIC ("Low Orbital Ion Cannon") software to bombard a site from a couple million computer bots around the world with requests for service. That gobs up the server with requests so that legitimate requests can't get through, and appears to the end user as if the site is down until the attack is over.

Removing a login database requires back-end access, a true hack. Another alternative is a hard drive containing the login info just throws up and quits. Whether the accounts can be restored or not depends on the state of their backups, and the location of the backups - whether it's really safe or not.

(10-20-2023, 06:56 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: What I've gathered so far, you can see all your old account stuff, you just can't log into it, so no access to your pictures, PM's, that kind of thing.  And even the mods are locked out of their accounts, so no modding going on, hence the free for all, which, to be honest, hasn't gotten as bad as it could have.

When you login, can you still see the avatars and stars that the old accounts established? The ones on individual posts?

RE: I think I just got banned at ATS - F2d5thCav - 10-20-2023

Ninurta--

Yes, the stats are intact.

Cheers

(10-20-2023, 07:05 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 06:56 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: What I've gathered so far, you can see all your old account stuff, you just can't log into it, so no access to your pictures, PM's, that kind of thing.  And even the mods are locked out of their accounts, so no modding going on, hence the free for all, which, to be honest, hasn't gotten as bad as it could have.

When you login, can you still see the avatars and stars that the old accounts established? The ones on individua

Yeah, If I go to any forum, click on a thread, I can see all that.