Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: War, Peace or Inbetween (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting (/showthread.php?tid=1322)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - Ninurta - 10-23-2023

(10-22-2023, 08:52 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Warlog Update for Sunday, Oct 22::

In an interview with Sky News, Israeli President Herzog revealed that Hamas planned to use chemical weapons against the Israeli civilians. Oh boy, another hunt for WMD's is brewing.

In my opinion, that claim of "plans for chemical weapons" is grossly overblown, and likely just another product of the propaganda mill. While it's true that a booklet containing plans for cyanide gas bombs was recovered from the carcass of a Hamas terrorist killed in Israel during the Hamas raid, there is a pretty far distance between having a booklet containing those plans (among other plans) and having an actual cyanide grenade.

I have plans for such things, as well as the recipe for things like ricin, and a whole lot of other improvised munitions crap (machinist drawings for SMG's, Pen Guns, hand grenades, suppressors, etc), but I don't have the actual munitions. Big difference.

Furthermore, this guy was on the actual raid - if they were going to use chemical grenades, he'd have had some chemical grenades on his person rather than just a plans booklet. Those sorts of plans and recipes are often found in booklets right along with a lot of other different crap. It's anyone's guess just which set  or sets of plans out of that booklet anyone plans to make concrete and useable, if any. For an example of such booklets, see: "The Poor Man's James Bond", "The Anarchist Cookbook", "The Jolly Roger Cookbook", and U.S. government publications like "Improvised Munitions Handbook" and "Incediaries" (TM 31-210 and TM 31-211 respectively, as I recall).

Just because you have a recipe doesn't mean you plan on baking that particular cake anytime soon.

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - Ninurta - 10-23-2023

(10-22-2023, 09:38 PM)putnam6 Wrote: ...

Hell Syria is going to pop first, all it will take now is American soldiers getting killed somewhere

I can't say much about it, but I do know there are already U.S. troops and French troops, at least, on the ground at points inside Israel. I would guess that there are other nationalities present as well, but don't know that for fact.

We also have about 2000 marines, soon to be either 4 or 6 thousand, sitting and waiting o9n ship board there.

We also have Turkey making not-so-veiled threats against our naval assets in the eastern Mediterranean, which really gripes my ass, those ungrateful bastards.

The powder keg is packed and fused. All they need now is for some dumbass to strike a match, and the Middle east is chock full of dumbasses.

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - putnam6 - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 12:41 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 09:38 PM)putnam6 Wrote: ...

Hell Syria is going to pop first, all it will take now is American soldiers getting killed somewhere

I can't say much about it, but I do know there are already U.S. troops and French troops, at least, on the ground at points inside Israel. I would guess that there are other nationalities present as well, but don't know that for fact.

We also have about 2000 marines, soon to be either 4 or 6 thousand, sitting and waiting o9n ship board there.

We also have Turkey making not-so-veiled threats against our naval assets in the eastern Mediterranean, which really gripes my ass, those ungrateful bastards.

The powder keg is packed and fused. All they need now is for some dumbass to strike a match, and the Middle east is chock full of dumbasses.

Turkey inserting thier Navy into the Mediterranean Sea holding maneuvers and suggesting they may hit the US with a misplaced salvo or 2, is the wildcard. With the Chinese supposedly already in the region. It will not take much. 

Well, we have American, Russian, Israeli, Syrian, Turkey, and Isis factions to varying degrees with the displaced Syrians in camps Nominally under Turkish control. The US forces in the al-Tanf garrison were already being threatened before October, not that it wouldn't go out in a blaze of glory, but it could be overrun easily, the only thing stopping it is the American response afterward

Israel has hit the 2 airports and supposedly an Iranian convoy to keep the flood of weapons from coming in. 

As for the American troop totals, it sounds woefully inadequate. But I always agreed with General Schwarzkopf, about making sure you have what you will need at your disposal. I don't see any way Israel can have it's ground offensive, while keeping all the other factions from going bug-chit.

while America stands by   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Schwarzkopf_Jr. 

Quote:Initially tasked with defending Saudi Arabia from Iraqi aggression, Schwarzkopf's command eventually grew to an international force of over 750,000 troops. After diplomatic relations broke down, he planned and led Operation Desert Storm, an extended air campaign followed by a highly successful 100-hour ground offensive, which defeated the Iraqi Army and removed Iraqi troops from Kuwait in early 1991.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-11-44-59-345.jpg]

Well, it seems there was a change in plans, perhaps the Mediterranean was too crowded. Probably good news, perhaps to warn Iran who is behind all of this, but it's 900-plus miles from Israel. Not to mention within range of Iran's countermeasures.

It sounds like an escalation if only a measured one, no wonder the sailors got a steak and lobster dinner last night, this will be an extended deployment in wht looks like in harm's way

As somebody mentioned on Twitter ... well there's a great big floating target

Thoughts?

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - CoyoteAngel - 10-23-2023

(10-08-2023, 08:52 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 04:01 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 03:55 AM)Infolurker Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 12:34 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Iran needs to be hit. 

Iran did get hit.... with a check for 6 Billion to fund this $hit.

It's weird how we fund Israel, fund iran, and leave all that military equipment behind in the region.

Wars cost money, too bad we leave all that money laying around and wonder why all this happens.

I know, right? If they just wanted to give tht stuff away like that, there are a lot of fed-up people on the border, in New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas, who could have profitably used it to form militias to do what the US government is refusing to do.

And if they wanted to give 6 billion away, I know a lot of destitute people in Appalachian hollers - in the US - who could have used their slice of that.

Having worked in military logistics applications for a time during Iraq/Afghanistan wars, it turns out its more expensive to bring the stuff back than leave it.   For numerous reasons.    

A big reason:   the stuff won't fit back in the box.   After all the parts and stuff are taken out of their meticulously compartmentalized logically laid out shipping containers, they will NEVER go back in straight.   Military personal will just load them everwhich way until nothing else fits.   Try sorting that mess out when it gets back to the warehouse!   Nope, not worth it.   

Vehicles:   we do try to bring those back, at least we did nearly 10 years ago when I retired after the Iraq drawdown.  We gave tons of mraps to local police and sheriffs depts.   Some say thats a good thing, others say it isnt.   I'd prefer to see them on the border, and I sorta think some might be.  Smaller desert type dune capable vehicles.  Unless Biden has managed to give them to the cartels somehow. 

Biden admin seems to have just said 'whatever.....' without much thought to it at all, too hard to figure out.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-16-02-32-724.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-15-45-03-183.jpg]

All kinds of mixed signals which is it? DoD and the MSM is Iran pulling the strings or not?

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - BIAD - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 08:08 PM)putnam6 Wrote: ...All kinds of mixed signals which is it? DoD and the MSM is Iran pulling the strings or not?

Word-sorcery by the MSM and a light sprinkling from those in the know.
Sure

(10-23-2023, 04:48 PM)CoyoteAngel Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 03:55 AM)Infolurker Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 12:34 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Iran needs to be hit. 

Iran did get hit.... with a check for 6 Billion to fund this $hit.

It's weird how we fund Israel, fund iran, and leave all that military equipment behind in the region.

Wars cost money, too bad we leave all that money laying around and wonder why all this happens.

I know, right? If they just wanted to give tht stuff away like that, there are a lot of fed-up people on the border, in New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas, who could have profitably used it to form militias to do what the US government is refusing to do.

And if they wanted to give 6 billion away, I know a lot of destitute people in Appalachian hollers - in the US - who could have used their slice of that.

Having worked in military logistics applications for a time during Iraq/Afghanistan wars, it turns out its more expensive to bring the stuff back than leave it.   For numerous reasons.    

A big reason:   the stuff won't fit back in the box.   After all the parts and stuff are taken out of their meticulously compartmentalized logically laid out shipping containers, they will NEVER go back in straight.   Military personal will just load them everwhich way until nothing else fits.   Try sorting that mess out when it gets back to the warehouse!   Nope, not worth it.   

Vehicles:   we do try to bring those back, at least we did nearly 10 years ago when I retired after the Iraq drawdown.  We gave tons of mraps to local police and sheriffs depts.   Some say thats a good thing, others say it isnt.   I'd prefer to see them on the border, and I sorta think some might be.  Smaller desert type dune capable vehicles.  Unless Biden has managed to give them to the cartels somehow. 

Biden admin seems to have just said 'whatever.....' without much thought to it at all, too hard to figure out.

Respectfully then destroy them, at least make an effort. 

A 1/4 cup of sugar in the gas tank would have done wonders for every motorized vehicle. So many easy ways to trash it so it can't be used again or against American troops. 

Atleast make it more difficult than they did

(10-23-2023, 08:12 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 08:08 PM)putnam6 Wrote: ...All kinds of mixed signals which is it? DoD and the MSM is Iran pulling the strings or not?

Sure

Yes, no doubt and it's likely they want confusion. In my searches this afternoon reports Biden said he was heading to the situation room, then a little later officials say its just a regular update.

Here's where we are at, 3 American bases were attacked, and Iran's thoughts...reading between the lines Iran won't mobilize but it will not stop other factions from taking potshots at American troops. 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-16-27-31-536.jpg]

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1716554884273598666?s=20

Quote:OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
2m
The Islamic Resistance in Iraq has indeed now claimed Responsibility for the Drone Attacks within the last Hour on U.S. Operations Bases near the Al-Omar Oil Fields and the Town of Al-Shaddadi both in Eastern Syria.

Well semi-good news but he doesn't say how many. Regardless it seems Hamas miscalculated here, Im not certain Israel relents just yet. 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-17-33-04-739.jpg]

of course, that kind of shit happens when top Hamas operatives and allies are getting shot in the streets of Gaza, by "unknown" gunmen.

SO WHO ARE THESE unknown gunmen? Other Palestinian terrorist factions, pissed-off Gazans, Israeli Special Forces... Inquiring minds want to know. Would be really interesting if the leaders were getting dirt-napped by the regular Palestinians

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-09-52-29-056.jpg]

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - 727Sky - 10-23-2023

(10-23-2023, 09:40 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Well semi-good news but he doesn't say how many. Regardless it seems Hamas miscalculated here, Im not certain Israel relents just yet. 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-17-33-04-739.jpg]

of course, that kind of shit happens when top Hamas operatives and allies are getting shot in the streets of Gaza, by "unknown" gunmen.

SO WHO ARE THESE unknown gunmen? Other Palestinian terrorist factions, pissed-off Gazans, Israeli Special Forces... Inquiring minds want to know. Would be really interesting if the leaders were getting dirt-napped by the regular Palestinians 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-09-52-29-056.jpg]
70% goes to Mossad or an agent of and 30% goes to a pissed off Palestinian who has lost everything due to stupid Hamas and Israeli retaliation ??. Whomever did the work, "Good Job!"

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - EndtheMadnessNow - 10-24-2023

And so it begins...

Lieutenant General James Glynn, the Former-Commander of U.S. Marine Forces Special Operations Command as well as several other High-Level U.S. Military Officers are reported to have arrived recently in Israel at the order of the Biden Regime, to assist in the Advisory of the Israeli Defense Force during upcoming Operations in the Gaza Strip and throughout the Region.

The consent manufacturers are not sending their best.

[Image: CEMZ1NU.jpg]

War On The Rocks RAND boys:

Quote:The Four Questions The U.S. Military Should Be Asking About Operation Swords of Iron

For American military observers of this conflict, this war, much like previous Israeli wars, will likely yield a host of lessons. And while it is still too early to say precisely what those lessons are— much less to what degree, if any, the United States military will internalize them — it is not too early to identify the right questions to be asking as the conflict unfolds. And while there is an almost infinite number of areas one could explore, there are at least four big questions that the U.S. military should be asking itself as it watches this war in Gaza unfold.

What Are the Roots of Strategic Surprise?

As a starting point, perhaps the most fundamental question to be asking is how Hamas was able to pull off an attack of the scale seen on Oct. 7, 2023, seemingly without any Israel gaining advanced warning or much in the way of effective response. The fact that Hamas was able to gain such strategic surprise at all is shocking, given Israel’s many advantages: a state of the art, billion dollar border wall, equipped with a range of sensors; a host of (until now) well-regarded and sophisticated intelligence services; and the inherent advantage the comes from looking at the same small piece of ground, controlled by the same adversary for decades, right next door.

And from their stepsister down under...

Quote:Hubris meets nemesis in Israel

Many have expressed surprise that Hamas so easily penetrated Israel’s defences along the border with Gaza. But there were no such defences. When Hamas began slaughtering hundreds of defenceless civilians, Israel’s glorious army was mostly deployed elsewhere. Many were assigned to the West Bank to protect religious settlers in clashes (sometimes initiated by the settlers themselves) with local Palestinians, and in festivals around invented holy shrines. For long hours, desperate men and women cried for help, and the strongest army in the Middle East was nowhere to be seen.

The assumption was always that Gaza was not a vital priority. The underground wall of sensors and fortified concrete that Israel has built around the enclave was supposed to block the tunnels through which Hamas tried in the past to penetrate Israeli border villages. It was of no use. Hamas militias simply stormed the fences on the surface.

There was no intelligence about Hamas’s intentions, either. The ‘start-up nation’, whose sophisticated cyber units can detect the movement of a leaf in a tree in an Iranian base in Syria, knew nothing of Hamas’s plans. Israel’s obsession with Iran’s possible nuclear breakout and its internal security services’ focus on the occupied West Bank partly explain this negligence.

The attack by Hamas was not just a tactical surprise, but also a strategic bombshell.

A 2017 RAND report, "Lessons from Israel's Wars in Gaza" offers important context for today's conflict.

Quote:Dealing with Hamas in Gaza puts Israel in a strategic quandary: It needs to exert enough force to deter Hamas from attacking but not so much that it topples the regime.

Iron Dome is a blessing because it buys Israel time, but Israel needs an excuse for why they are killing Palestinians in operations. When Iron Dome works so well and so few Israelis die, Israel loses the justification for the operation.
- Senior Israeli policymaker
Report has maps & diagrams.

[Image: Ipa5U40.jpg]

Since the Israeli/Hamas war broke out, it seems like so many events are repeating in an eerily similar fashion.

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - Infolurker - 10-24-2023

We've been seeing what you wanted, got us cornered right now

Fallen asleep from our vanity, might cost us our lives

I hear they're getting closer
Their howls are sending chills down my spine

And time is running out now
They're coming down the hills from behind

When we start killing.......

It's all coming down right now

From the nightmare we've created
I want to be awakened somehow (I want to be awakened right now)

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - CoyoteAngel - 10-24-2023

(10-23-2023, 08:16 PM)putnam6 Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 04:48 PM)CoyoteAngel Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 03:55 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Iran did get hit.... with a check for 6 Billion to fund this $hit.

Respectfully then destroy them, at least make an effort. 

A 1/4 cup of sugar in the gas tank would have done wonders for every motorized vehicle. So many easy ways to trash it so it can't be used again or against American troops. 

Atleast make it more difficult than they did

(10-23-2023, 08:12 PM)BIAD Wrote:

Sure

Yes, no doubt and it's likely they want confusion. In my searches this afternoon reports Biden said he was heading to the situation room, then a little later officials say its just a regular update.

Here's where we are at, 3 American bases were attacked, and Iran's thoughts...reading between the lines Iran won't mobilize but it will not stop other factions from taking potshots at American troops. 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-23-16-27-31-536.jpg]

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1716554884273598666?s=20

Quote:OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
2m
The Islamic Resistance in Iraq has indeed now claimed Responsibility for the Drone Attacks within the last Hour on U.S. Operations Bases near the Al-Omar Oil Fields and the Town of Al-Shaddadi both in Eastern Syria.

In previous admins we DID destroy what useable items we left behind when we pulled out.   Biden?   Probably not.

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - putnam6 - 10-24-2023

Quote:In previous admins we DID destroy what useable items we left behind when we pulled out.  Biden?  Probably not.

No we know they did nothing, there are videos of the Taliban driving around in fully armed Humvees. It was ignorant and short-sighted American soldiers will likely get attacked and killed with stuff we sent to Afghanistan and Ukraine in the next 20 years. NOT to mention how destabilizing it being left was for the region. 

Hell it can be sold on the black market, for decades...

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - Ninurta - 10-24-2023

(10-23-2023, 04:48 PM)CoyoteAngel Wrote: ...

Yeah, DHS loaded up the locals with that stuff. The big city of Grundy (population probably around 500 - saaaa-lute!) got their very own MRAP that sat for a long time in a gravel lot across from the PD just gathering dust, and the big city of Lebanon (population around 3000 - saaa-lute! With a police force of 4 officers) got around 760 M-16's to sit around gathering dust. They could have put that stuff to better use down on the Texas border.

Once upon a time, what couldn't be exfiltrated from a country we were pulling out of got the Willie Peter treatment so that it couldn't ever be turned against us. No more, it seems.

We left a a few hundred thousand M-16's in Vietnam when we pulled out, and 10 years down the road we started seeing those serial numbers in Nicaragua and El Salvador.

You've got to wonder how much of that stuff we left laying around in a cash-strapped Afghanistan is going to turn up in the hands of the likes of Hamas now....

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - CoyoteAngel - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 07:39 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 04:48 PM)CoyoteAngel Wrote: ...

Yeah, DHS loaded up the locals with that stuff. The big city of Grundy (population probably around 500 - saaaa-lute!) got their very own MRAP that sat for a long time in a gravel lot across from the PD just gathering dust, and the big city of Lebanon (population around 3000 - saaa-lute! With a police force of 4 officers) got around 760 M-16's to sit around gathering dust. They could have put that stuff to better use down on the Texas border.

Once upon a time, what couldn't be exfiltrated from a country we were pulling out of got the Willie Peter treatment so that it couldn't ever be turned against us. No more, it seems.

We left a a few hundred thousand M-16's in Vietnam when we pulled out, and 10 years down the road we started seeing those serial numbers in Nicaragua and El Salvador.

You've got to wonder how much of that stuff we left laying around in a cash-strapped Afghanistan is going to turn up in the hands of the likes of Hamas now....

Or worse, the Mexican cartels.

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - putnam6 - 10-25-2023

Israel is not messing around, keep shooting ATMs at the northern build up, and Israel will take out the headquarters of your armored divisions 

[Image: Screenshot-2023-10-24-20-12-12-280.jpg]

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - EndtheMadnessNow - 10-25-2023

They all be parroting the "rule of war"...

Quote:France's Macron wants international coalition against Hamas

JERUSALEM, Oct 24 (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron proposed on Tuesday that an international coalition fighting Islamic State in Iraq and Syria widens its scope to include the fight against the Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza.

Macron gave no details on how the U.S.-led coalition of dozens of countries, of which Israel is not a member, could be involved. His advisers said, however, that the coalition's participation would not necessarily imply boots on the ground, but could include intelligence-sharing.

Macron, who warned against the risks of a regional conflict, also said the fight against Hamas "must be without mercy but not without rules".

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did not directly comment on Macron's proposal but said the fight was a battle between the "axis of evil" and "the free world".

"This battle is not merely our own... it's everybody's battle," he said.

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Eric M. Smith stated yesterday during a 40th Anniversary Memorial Service for the Beirut Barracks Bombing, in a strong message to anyone thinking about targeting the Marine expeditionary unit being deployed near Israel:

"I’ll be less diplomatic and more Marine-Like. For those that are in the Area, if that MEU has to go in and you Target them, someone else will raise your children.”

Cued link if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Hsf9uXQgo&t=3579s

White House: "This is war, it is combat, it is bloody, it is ugly, and it's going to be messy. And innocent civilians are going to be hurt going forward."
- John Kirby, National Security Council Coordinator (Oct 24, 2023)

Cued link if interested: https://www.youtube.com/live/ar3pqa0pgVI?si=_iqdk-CVekGfpHLe&t=1184

Kirby stating the obvious. Translation: We are preppin the American public for there will be blood & horrors beyond your imagination.

Piers Morgan: "It’s the feel good story we need."
[Image: vE7eb5n.jpg]

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - A51Watcher2 - 10-25-2023

RE: 300 dead, 1600 injured and still counting - putnam6 - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 07:57 AM)A51Watcher2 Wrote:

Aren't these videos basically an amalgamation of the general news of the day? with clickbait titles...

Think we know which side Turkey's bread is buttered...
Quote:Quds News Network
@QudsNen
·
43m
Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan: "Hamas is not a terrorist group but rather a group of fighters defending their homeland."

Instant News Alerts
@InstaNewsAlerts
·
5m
#BREAKING: Israeli strikes on Aleppo International Airport in Syria has again rendered the airport out of service, this is the third time since Oct. 7 Israel has bombed runways and put the airport out of service. It is suspected Iran sends advanced military equipment into Syria.
Israel Radar
@IsraelRadar_com
·
3m
Eyes on Israel's northern front: IDF reportedly bombs Aleppo airport in Syria; anti-tank missile fired at Israeli forces near Lebanon border; long-range Gaza rocket launched at northern Israel, explodes in midair (via
@ynetalerts
&
@N12News

you did see where Burchett says they have an SCIf scheduled? Thoughts