Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
MisterSpock movie review....The Last Voyage of the Demeter - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: MisterSpock movie review....The Last Voyage of the Demeter (/showthread.php?tid=1223)

MisterSpock movie review....The Last Voyage of the Demeter - MisterSpock - 09-03-2023

I'm a huge horror fan, love dracula, love the lore.

Another great release in the long line of many recent films that I......didn't finish.

5 years ago, I failed to finish maybe 1 film a year, now, I struggle to finish one film a year. 1992's Bram Stoker's Drakula, this is not, not even close, not even relevant.

If you are reading this, and the others I posted, it's obvious, yes, I'm tired, I'm pissed, I'm jaded, "He's dead jim" it's all dead. I'm switching back to books, but like movies, they better be published before 2010 otherwise it's probably some "reimagined" or reinvisioned nonsense that isn't worth it's pages in toilet paper.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....The Last Voyage of the Demeter - kdog - 09-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 06:23 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: I'm a huge horror fan, love dracula, love the lore.

Another great release in the long line of many recent films that I......didn't finish.

5 years ago, I failed to finish maybe 1 film a year, now, I struggle to finish one film a year. 1992's Bram Stoker's Drakula, this is not, not even close, not even relevant.

If you are reading this, and the others I posted, it's obvious, yes, I'm tired, I'm pissed, I'm jaded, "He's dead jim" it's all dead. I'm switching back to books, but like movies, they better be published before 2010 otherwise it's probably some "reimagined" or reinvisioned nonsense that isn't worth it's pages in toilet paper.

I have yet to watch it, but the wife did. But I can agree with your sentiment on the movies these days. I prefer movies from before 2000 . Actually the spaghetti westerns were better then what they churn out these days.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....The Last Voyage of the Demeter - GeauxHomeLittleD - 09-03-2023

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I watched it and would rate it as "okay but wait until you can watch it for free". If I had actually paid to watch it I would have been much disappointed. 

It was pretty much in keeping with the captain's log segments from the book with a few extras added in (a black doctor, a woman who'd been packed along as a Dracula snack and the cabin boy is the captain's grandson). There is a focus on the racism experienced by the doctor and misogyny aimed at the "snack" woman- "wokeness" added without value toward the story, same as most movies nowadays. Doctor survives to become what I believe would be the "Van Helsing" character in a sequel had the movie done better at the box office. 

I would only rate it as 2 out of 5 stars.

@"MisterSpock"#76  might I recommend the new horror movie "Cobwebs"? I expected it to be completely predictable (as far as horror movies go) and ended up being pleasantly surprised by not just one but a few unexpected twists. It is very slow moving for a while but once the action picks up it is steady. Not the greatest CGI but for a horror fan such as myself the movie was nicely entertaining.

I give Cobwebs 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....The Last Voyage of the Demeter - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-09-2023

A deep dive on the links between Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the real Illuminati of Bavaria and it's founder Adam Weishaupt.