Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 (/showthread.php?tid=1222)

MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - MisterSpock - 09-03-2023

Watched this the other night, well watched is a bit generous.

First off, I love Jason Statham, he's got it all like any great 80's action star. He's handsome, charms your socks off and is truly got some skill.

That said, I just drifted off and had little to no interest in this, this franchise was barely passable on the first one and it is, to me, very distracting the sellout element with regard to the chinese buying into/out the long dead hollywood film industry.

I don't know who to feel bad for, the death of hollywood, or the idiots(chinese) that are massively buying into it at its decline/bottom.

Talk about dollar cost averaging down, I guess it's better than dumping millions into buying/building empty cities that will crumble down in 5 years.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - GeauxHomeLittleD - 09-03-2023

This movie sucked worse than the first one- if that is even possible. I love Jason but he needs to seek out better representation, just sayin'! 

Only thing I enjoyed about this movie was the giant, murderous octopus. 

I give it 1 out of 5 stars.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-03-2023

Thanks, glad I avoided it. Though I too like Statham.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-03-2023

(09-03-2023, 06:18 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Watched this the other night, well watched is a bit generous.

First off, I love Jason Statham, he's got it all like any great 80's action star. He's handsome, charms your socks off and is truly got some skill.

That said, I just drifted off and had little to no interest in this, this franchise was barely passable on the first one and it is, to me, very distracting the sellout element with regard to the chinese buying into/out the long dead hollywood film industry.

I don't know who to feel bad for, the death of hollywood, or the idiots(chinese) that are massively buying into it at its decline/bottom.

Talk about dollar cost averaging down, I guess it's better than dumping millions into buying/building empty cities that will crumble down in 5 years.

I saw it in the theater with family, and under those conditions it came across as a lighthearted comedy.

If I had seen it at home I probably would not have watched more 1 tenth of it.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - Infolurker - 09-03-2023

I think the "Shark Thing" went out of style after Deep Blue Sea in 1999.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149261/

RE: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - MisterSpock - 09-04-2023

(09-03-2023, 05:18 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: This movie sucked worse than the first one- if that is even possible. I love Jason but he needs to seek out better representation, just sayin'! 

Only thing I enjoyed about this movie was the giant, murderous octopus. 

I give it 1 out of 5 stars.

If I had to guess(I haven't looked into it) Statham probably signed a contract with Tencent(Chinese production outfit) for a multi movie deal.

It seems to be what most people are doing these days, like Sandler doing a multi movie exclusive deal with Netflix.

He signed on(Statham) and probably had no idea of the shit they would be shoveling.

The chinese have a habit of wanting one thing but delivering another, I see simularities from back in the day regarding their automotive ambitions. They want to be top end players, they wanted to field luxury cars the likes of Germans, they just don't have the skill or really the vision to do such a thing, they just have the money.

So enter the movie industry, they don't have the skill or the talent, they will just throw money at it over and over until they succeed. So the easiest way to do that is "buy" what is already working, buy the best and somehow that will just make it all work out. I mean, I get and don't care why Cena sold out, but Stathams involvement leaves a bit more of a sour taste in my mouth considering he didn't need help when it comes to finding big budget roles.

RE: MisterSpock movie review....Meg 2 - dbcowboy - 09-04-2023

Sharknado was more authentic and believable.

Sure