Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Death of Brick and Mortar - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technology and Advancements (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Forum: Computers, Internet and the Digital World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Death of Brick and Mortar (/showthread.php?tid=1190)

Death of Brick and Mortar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-26-2023

I have been watching the push for online commercial enterprise, and the push for digital consumerism increase. I am not seeing a halt in this progress. It is starting to look like those that believe that digital currency would usher in the age of the mark of the beast, may be right after all.

With the issue of our financial instability and the failing conditions of our banks, it looks like the adage, "Follow the money", may actually be spot on. First goes the bank, and the rest come tumbling down.

Social credit scores anyone?

RE: Death of Brick and Mortar - Snarl - 08-27-2023

All in accordance with the plan of TPTB.

What should be required is the full remediation of _ANY_ b&m site. Knock it down and cart it off to a landfill ... everything ... including the asphalt parking lot.

Urban blight adds (significantly) to the heat index of this planet.

RE: Death of Brick and Mortar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-27-2023

(08-27-2023, 02:10 AM)Snarl Wrote: All in accordance with the plan of TPTB.

What should be required is the full remediation of _ANY_ b&m site. Knock it down and cart it off to a landfill ... everything ... including the asphalt parking lot.

I agree. A lot of good and positive changes could be made to our advantage.

RE: Death of Brick and Mortar - Ninurta - 08-27-2023

Butbutbut - if you knock down ALL of the brick and mortar sites, where is the stuff to fulfill online orders gonna come from?

.How is Amazon or Walmart gonna deliver my steak by drone if there is nowhere for the drone to pick the steak up from?

Is this how those nefarious "cattle mutilations" got started?

RE: Death of Brick and Mortar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-27-2023

(08-27-2023, 04:13 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Butbutbut - if you knock down ALL of the brick and mortar sites, where is the stuff to fulfill online orders gonna come from?

.How is Amazon or Walmart gonna deliver my steak by drone if there is nowhere for the drone to pick the steak up from?

Is this how those nefarious "cattle mutilations" got started?

Never fear. The warehouses and distribution centers will still be around. They just won't be open to the public. 

Everything will be strictly online shopping. 1 day delivery from to your front door. With the major all the work being done by AI and robotics.

RE: Death of Brick and Mortar - Snarl - 08-27-2023

(08-27-2023, 10:59 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 04:13 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 02:10 AM)Snarl Wrote: What should be required is the full remediation of _ANY_ b&m site. Knock it down and cart it off to a landfill ... everything ... including the asphalt parking lot.

Everything will be strictly online shopping. 1 day delivery from to your front door.

Only problem I have with that is the potential for a manufactured breakage in the supply chain.

I haven't seen it lately, but ordering something online and getting it the next day usually suits me just fine. Saves me $30 and the time of having to drive into the city. I can usually wait a while for most anything I need or want. Wife too.

It's only 'now and again' that we have to get away from the cabin for a while. And ... in about ten minutes ... LOL