Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: General Health Topics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+--- Thread: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates (/showthread.php?tid=1189)

Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-25-2023

Quote:As mask mandates return in certain parts of the country, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo is telling people to not comply.

"What do you call re-imposing mask policies that have been proven ineffective or restarting lockdowns that are known to cause harm?" posted Ladapo on X this morning. "You don't call it sanity. These terrible policies only work with your cooperation. How about refusing to participate…"

Quote:DeSantis says mask mandates and lockdowns "totally off the table"
DeSantis also signed laws against a "W.H.O. pandemic treaty", banned gain of function research, and signed a Protection of Medical Conscience Act.
"I want to be a haven for physicians who put the evidence above what some medical society said," said DeSantis.
DeSantis also signed arguably the strongest medical freedom law in the nation.

I am not going backwards. I did not take the vaccine. I worked with sick people throughout the entire near three years of COVID. I have not had COVID, I have not had the flu, or a cold during the entire time or since.

I may get it and I may get whatever new organism they decide to release, but I am not doing COVID Lockdown 2.0

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Grace - 08-25-2023

Lockdowns won't happen again, people won't do it a second time...

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 08:59 PM)Grace Wrote: Lockdowns won't happen again, people won't do it a second time...

I pray you are right. I need a little renewal of my faith in folk.

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Schmoe - 08-25-2023

I've had Covid at least once that I've known about.  Felt worse than a cold, not as bad as the flu.  The worst part was everything tasting like nothing.  I poured hot sauce onto my tongue in a desperate attempt.  I got all of the heat, with a very faint hint of the flavor  Laughing .  Unless I imagined the flavor.  Maybe my brain took pity on me.

I said way back, I understand the initial reaction to Covid.  Conspiracies aside, if they really didn't know what they were dealing with, I understand taking drastic measures.  But now we know it's not exactly Ebola.  I'm nowhere near the shape I was in in my hockey days, and I was no worse for the wear after having it.

The funniest part is my wife got vaccinated against my advice, and she was WAY more sick than I was. I like bringing that up to her now and then LOL

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Snarl - 08-27-2023

Truth is: I was relatively unaffected by the last lockdowns. Yeah, I had to take the jabs because the fucking gooberment would've left me stuck in fucking Africa. Yeah ... I (kind'a) had to wear a mask if I went out into the public area.

Truth is: You catch Corona and survive it ... you're gonna be naturally immune for quite some time.

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Infolurker - 08-27-2023

Hmmmm... you have not had the covid either?

May I ask if you smoke cigarettes and or drink lots of coffee? We seem to have both a smokers and coffee paradox on acquiring it. I had done a few threads on it on TOS.

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Schmoe - 08-27-2023

(08-27-2023, 05:55 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Hmmmm... you have not had the covid either?

May I ask if you smoke cigarettes and or drink lots of coffee? We seem to have both a smokers and coffee paradox on acquiring it. I had done a few threads on it on TOS.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that before.  I had it once, and that was shortly after the beginning when it worked it's way through my coworkers.

I used to smoke and switched to a vape with nicotine, and I drink way too much coffee.  But I'm almost positive I've only had it the one time, and it was pretty mild.

Compare that with my supervisor's son, one of those run-20-miles-per-week types, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, not sure about the coffee, and he was hospitalized with it.  It boggles my mind how it affects people so differently.

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Grace - 08-27-2023

(08-27-2023, 06:40 AM)Schmoe Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 05:55 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Hmmmm... you have not had the covid either?

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that before.  I had it once, and that was shortly after the beginning when it worked it's way through my coworkers.

I used to smoke and switched to a vape with nicotine, and I drink way too much coffee.  But I'm almost positive I've only had it the one time, and it was pretty mild.

Compare that with my supervisor's son, one of those run-20-miles-per-week types, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, not sure about the coffee, and he was hospitalized with it.  It boggles my mind how it affects people so differently.

I've heard the same about nicotine, if you partake your less likely to have a worse outcome - I think studies were actually done but I'm not sure. 

I vape, my husband smokes. I have diagnosed COPD.. 

When we got COVID (the kind that had symptoms, we tested positive and had to quarantine once but weren't ever sick that time so I'm only discussing COVID with symptoms now)  I was worse, and I was sick longer. 

I wasn't hospitalized or anything, but whenever I get sick with even a cold it goes straight to my lungs, and yes I've had colds turn into pneumonia before when I was still smoking. It's a product of my lungs being poorly I think. 

So me being worse than him I believe is due to that co-morbidity and likely genetics. COVID did turn into a mild walking pneumonia with me, but within 10 - 14 days I was better and while I needed my doctor to prescribe what he normally prescribes when I get pneumonia, I never needed anything else (but to be left alone... Lol) 

Neither Nin nor I are vaccinated. I think he was sick for a few days, but since we were sick at the same time I paid less attention to how he did... Lol. He never got as sick as myself, according to the genetics people it's actually due to his DNA.

I could taste the entire time I was sick never lost my sense of smell and taste.

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-27-2023

I have not had COVID, and my 89 year old Mother has not had it either. 

Though I am known as the Coffee Lady, I rarely drink it myself. I don't smoke.

I am think my contact with those that did have it, early in the game, while being extremely careful with my hand washing, has protected me. 

I think my body was exposed and had a chance to develop antibodies.  I never stopped seeing patients during the whole affair.

RE: Florida Surgeon General: Do Not Cooperate With Mask Mandates - Snarl - 08-27-2023

If that was to me: Nope ... I'm pretty sure the wife and I both came down with it in the months prior to it becoming a named epidemic.