Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Social Media Outlets (Youtube, Reddit) Being Sued - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Political news and more (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Social Media Outlets (Youtube, Reddit) Being Sued (/showthread.php?tid=1158)

Social Media Outlets (Youtube, Reddit) Being Sued - sailorsam - 08-17-2023

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/16/buffalo-shooting-survivors-say-social-media-companies-enabled-the-killer-00111598

YouTube, Reddit and a body armor manufacturer were among the businesses that helped enable the gunman who killed 10 Black people in a racist attack at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket, according to a pair of lawsuits announced Wednesday.

The complementary lawsuits filed by Everytown Law in state court in Buffalo claim that the massacre at Tops supermarket in May 2022 was made possible by a host of companies and individuals, from tech giants to a local gun shop to the gunman’s parents. The suits were filed Tuesday on behalf of the son of a 65-year-old victim and a group of survivors who say they’re still traumatized more than a year later. Everytown Law is the litigation arm of Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund.

I'm sure the Social Media outlets will wave the flag and cry 'Freedom of Speech' and deny any responsibility.
I doubt anything will happen to them but it will be interesting to watch.

RE: Social Media Outlets (Youtube, Reddit) Being Sued - EndtheMadnessNow - 08-17-2023

Will justify more $$$ for the censorship & surveillance industrial complex. Please standby for more online purging...working harder to keep you safe. Thank you for your cooperation. Press thumb here to access Internet and proceed to retinal scanner. Move along citizen.

[Image: EgSKsht.gif]

RE: Social Media Outlets (Youtube, Reddit) Being Sued - xuenchen - 08-17-2023

Controlled Opposition and fake outrage designed to "justify" automatic censoring without passing new laws!!!!

[Image: Biden-9-1-2022.jpg]

RE: Social Media Outlets (Youtube, Reddit) Being Sued - Ninurta - 08-18-2023

It's partly about censoring, but there also seems to be a component built-in to the lawsuits to discourage folks from selling defensive items (like body armor) to the people who most need to defend themselves.

In some states, body armor is already illegal for civilians to posess - only Stormtroopers are allowed to have it because, well, stormtroopers worked out so well in WWII Germany as a means of controlling the population when the population was made unable to defend itself from them...

I already have my armor, as a carryover from my days of toting guns for a living. I've got 2 level IIa vests, one that I bought myself through a Law Enforcement discount program from Second Chance, and one (an inferior model, of course, since the lowest bidder ALWAYS makes your issue equipment!) that was issued to me. Since they are fitted to me individually, no one else could use them, so I kept them when I stopped toting guns for money. I also have a military-issue kevlar flak jacket and a military-issue kevlar helmet. None of those will stop rifle rounds, and none of them will stop a round from a guy who knows his way around body armor period... but they still "look scary" to the uninitiated.

I never wear them. It was hard enough to get me to wear them when I was on duty, much less in my retirement time, but I have them if I ever need them... and, more importantly, I already have them if they ever become "outlawed" here.

My sister tried to get me to get a plate carrier and some IIIA oe IVA ballistic plates when she was working at the Pentagon, but I never did. As uncomfortable and limiting as the soft armor is, I knew damned well i didn't want to encase myself in a turtle shell.

BUT, because people will use them to defend themselves against getting shot, the anti-gunners want to make sure that shooting folks (for the Stormtrooers, that is, not for you, plebian!) is still a viable option.

When I first moved back home, body armor was illegal for civilian possession here. I didn't care. I already had mine, and no sumbitch was going to take it while I was still breathing. They have relaxed the laws on it somewhat here now, and it is once again legal for civilian possession with the caveat that you are not allowed to wear it while committing "a violent felony". Which makes perfect sense - we all know that criminals are sticklers for obeying the law, and normal folks are not running around committing violent felonies!

Outlawing body armor is just another of their moves intended to make the defenseless MORE defenseless. When it's time to run and jump and play, I wouldn't wear it because I value my mobility under such conditions. The only time I would wear it is if I were unarmed and that was my only means of defense... and that is just exactly what they seek to prevent. Can't be having unarmed folk not falling down dead in a massacre. it makes the Stormtroopers look incompetent.

And THAT is why they are going after the armor manufacturer. They want folks to be afraid to sell armor to intended victims. They don't care about the shooters being armored The shooters will ignore the prohibitions and just use it anyway, while the law abiding will be sitting ducks for both the Shooters and the Stormtroopers.