Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess (/showthread.php?tid=1092)

A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - 727Sky - 08-02-2023

I am not a person who has visions of Skynet and the terminator with future A.I. Yet that is a risk we should all be aware of and build in safe guards if possible. "If possible" is the key phrase IMO.

The following video is about developments of the here and now and what we can expect as soon as 2025. Without risks there is seldom great reward so let us hope as the countries around the world all surge ahead (can get left behind) the rewards will outweigh the turmoil and risk that many are predicting with this technology.

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - Snarl - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 01:47 PM)727Sky Wrote: I am not a person who has visions of Skynet and the terminator with future A.I. Yet that is a risk we should all be aware of and build in safe guards if possible. "If possible" is the key phrase IMO.

I remember them saying they would _never_ weaponize those smart dog-like four-legged ones. Now they've gone and done that. I saw one with a long range targeting system on it. It can pick YOUR face out of a crowd. Shoot you as much as a mile and half away if the shooting conditions are 'just perfect'.

I grudgingly admit: The damn thing shoots better'n I do.

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - GeauxHomeLittleD - 08-02-2023

Last night hubs showed me a movie trailer that was made in under 7 hours completely by AI. The Hollywood types thought they were safe from AI taking their jobs but after viewing that I beg to differ. 

Imagine entire movies made by AI using CGI- no need for writers, actors, producers or any of the thousands of jobs created by the past way of making a movie. No need for costume makers or even caterers. That whole list of "credits" (and the jobs they represent) go bye bye.

Imagine art galleries filled with AI created art. Bye bye artists, agents and all supported by that industry.

Imagine book stores filled with AI created content. Bye bye Stephen King.

Imagine clothing completely designed, made and marketed by AI. Adios fashion industry and all the jobs it supports. 

Imagine AI created CGI sports competitions. Hasta la vista multi-millionaire sports players!

I don't think people truly realize the extent of the danger that AI represents to our way of life- and our means of earning a living. Government controlled UBI is definitely coming, we will own nothing- the "be happy" part not so much.

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - Kenzo - 08-02-2023

Me waiting the arrival of Skynet...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1110]

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - 727Sky - 08-06-2023

Quote:In China, virtual humans – or computer-generated people – are increasingly being used to sell products online, engage with social media users, and even read the news. Al Jazeera's Katrina Yu reports from Beijing on how advances in artificial intelligence are changing the Chinese online experience.

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - F2d5thCav - 08-06-2023

(08-02-2023, 02:46 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 01:47 PM)727Sky Wrote: I am not a person who has visions of Skynet and the terminator with future A.I. Yet that is a risk we should all be aware of and build in safe guards if possible. "If possible" is the key phrase IMO.

I remember them saying they would _never_ weaponize those smart dog-like four-legged ones. Now they've gone and done that. I saw one with a long range targeting system on it. It can pick YOUR face out of a crowd. Shoot you as much as a mile and half away if the shooting conditions are 'just perfect'.

I grudgingly admit: The damn thing shoots better'n I do.

I'm pretty sure I saw a report about one that had been equipped with an automatic rifle.  They'll be hunting humans soon enough.

ETA: https://www.pcmag.com/news/robot-dog-gets-outfitted-with-sniper-rifle

Cheers

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - BIAD - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 09:01 AM)727Sky Wrote:
Quote:In China, virtual humans – or computer-generated people – are increasingly being used to sell products online, engage with social media users, and even read the news. Al Jazeera's Katrina Yu reports from Beijing on how advances in artificial intelligence are changing the Chinese online experience.

I often check-out the small-town newspaper's website I used to work for and they have fake images
in their advertisements too. Although the image wasn't generated by the newspaper itself, it shows
that how 'non-human' characters have seeped into the selling-game.

This is the image.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1124]

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - F2d5thCav - 08-06-2023

AI images are weird and all seem to have the same cloying impression.

I also like people often end up with extra hands and sometimes there are extra limbs in an image that have no discernible owner  Laughing

Cheers

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - Snarl - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 01:20 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: AI images are weird

I dunno. The one in @"BIAD"#7's post there almost looked like something a human painter might have come up with. It certainly left me wondering what the AI was thinking when it came up with that.

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - 727Sky - 08-10-2023

Warning beautiful women who are computer created.

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - BIAD - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 09:40 AM)727Sky Wrote: Warning beautiful women who are computer created...

The indication of a soul in the eyes is still a problem, but they are getting better!
Sure

RE: A talk about A.I. and the changes coming faster than we may guess - 727Sky - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 09:45 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-10-2023, 09:40 AM)727Sky Wrote: Warning beautiful women who are computer created...

The indication of a soul in the eyes is still a problem, but they are getting better!
Sure
I will have to look again as I never made it to the eyes !! Wink