Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Finland getting interesting - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Finland getting interesting (/showthread.php?tid=1064)

Finland getting interesting - Darkness in soul - 07-29-2023

Helsingin Sanomat has published grossly racist messages that Minister of Economy Wille Rydman allegedly sent to his ex-girlfriend. Rydman writes on X (formerly Twitter) that he is considering reporting the newspaper to the police.
The newspaper Helsingin Sanomat has taken notice of and published messages from 2016 that Minister of Industry Wille Rydman (Sannf) is said to have sent to his girlfriend at the time. The messages are permeated with racist language.
Rydman has neither given a comment to Helsingin Sanomat nor to Yle Uutiset, but he has expressed himself on X.
"Desert Monkeys" and "Somali Lilies"
When Rydman is said to have sent the messages, he was 30 years old and a Member of Parliament for the Samlingspartiet. He also sat on both the constitution committee and the administration committee.
The messages are thus all from a conversation between Rydman and his ex-girlfriend. She is the one who shared them with Helsingin Sanomat.

Svenska Yle has chosen to publish the quotes because the matter concerns a person in a position of power at ministerial level and the language used then becomes socially relevant.
Swedish Yle has not seen the original message chain. All messages in this article are translated by the editor.
Helsingin Sanomat states that the newspaper has reviewed them in their original context.
In a conversation about flower planting, Rydman compares the lily of the valley to Somalis: " But when that damn lily of the valley has once been planted here on the plot, it is suddenly everywhere and reproduces like Somalis. So if you want Somali lilies of the valley in the flower bed, there are enough here, and they can be moved.”
In other messages that Rydman allegedly sent to his girlfriend, he called people from the Middle East, or other people of other ethnic backgrounds, " incomprehensible monkeys" and "desert monkeys" .
In the same year, it was reported that employers in Belgium might ban Muslims from wearing headscarves in the workplace. According to HS, Rydman commented on the news like this: "I would still rather ban those who use a headscarf than the headscarf itself" .
Shared Islamophobic lyrics
Besides that, Rydman also shared racist content created by others, including a rewritten version of Jukka Kuoppamäki's 1970s song Sininen ja valkoinen . The true Finnish 21st century version is about a Muslim who has left his homeland.
It is the true Finnish Member of Parliament Juho Eerola who is behind the new lyrics, which he has also confirmed to HS.
While Kuoppamäki's original text celebrates Finland's nature, Eerola pursues the beliefs of a Muslim immigrant and claims that he has raped a woman.
In 2016, Eerola was chairman of the management committee, where Rydman then represented the Samlingspartiet as a member. Eerola is said to have given the text to Rydman written down by hand on the back of an agenda.
According to HS, Eerola sees no problem in the fact that the lyrics were copied either before or after a committee meeting where the two men, among other things, dealt with draft laws regarding international protection, victims of human trafficking and the Aliens Act:
"We have artistic freedom, of course you can write," says Eerola to HS.
Calling himself a Nazi
In an exchange of messages between the then girlfriend and Wille Rydman, the girlfriend writes that she "secretly likes Hebrew names" and that she would like to name a future son Immanuel in other names.
To that Rydman replies:
"We Nazis don't really like that Jewish stuff."
Yaron Nadbornik, chairman of the Central Council of Jewish Congregations in Finland, commented on the HS article on Thursday evening. On X, he writes that he and the Jewish community have never received anything other than support and help from Rydman.
"It pays to look for Jew-hatred elsewhere. Rydman has been our friend for several years and in my opinion he still is.”

Considering a police report
Wille Rydman does not want to comment on the messages to either HS or Yle. On X, he still writes that he does not want to explain away messages that he may have sent several years ago, because that would legitimize the article and the publication of the messages.

Rydman also writes that he is considering taking the newspaper to court over the article. It wouldn't be the first time.
The police are currently conducting a preliminary investigation into an investigation request submitted by Rydman. Last year HS published an article about harassment allegations against Rydman . Then, among other things, they had interviewed the same ex-girlfriend who has now shared the messages with them.
Purra: A politician also has his private circles
True Finns' chairman Riikka Purra tells Yle Uutiset that Rydman's messages are irrelevant, but that it is a matter of a private conversation between two people who were in a relationship at the time.
"I neither can nor want to take a position on something like that. A politician is a public figure, but also has his private circles," Purra writes to Yle.
According to her, it is clear that the goal is to harm Rydman, given previous experiences between the parties involved.

RE: Finland getting interesting - Grace - 07-29-2023

Call me confused but there's nothing there to be read. 

PS..  you didn't communicate your links properly either, perhaps English language articles would be best, as well as fixing the links so people know they are being taken to an outside link. 

I will wait for you to fix this and then read - I seem to have popped in in the middle of a disaster post... We have all had those! Lol. .

RE: Finland getting interesting - BIAD - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 10:18 AM)Grace Wrote: Call me confused but there's nothing there to be read. 

PS..  you didn't communicate your links properly either, perhaps English language articles would be best, as well as fixing the links so people know they are being taken to an outside link. 

I will wait for you to fix this and then read - I seem to have popped in in the middle of a disaster post... We have all had those! Lol. .

I fixed the text for DIS, I hope he's okay with that.
Smile thumbsup2

RE: Finland getting interesting - F2d5thCav - 07-29-2023

(07-29-2023, 10:18 AM)Grace Wrote: Call me confused but there's nothing there to be read. 

It was the text color, couldn't be seen as it blended into the background.  RN is the only site in which I've seen this happen.

Cheers

RE: Finland getting interesting - Darkness in soul - 07-30-2023

Massive amounts of information not seen in the USA is seen in Europe, If I take the time to translate it and give the  source so it can be checked. You should be happy that someone is giving you information from around the world If you lack the IQ to understand this its sad. Also this site has a problem with font colors that no other site on the internet has.

RE: Finland getting interesting - BIAD - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:40 AM)Darkness in soul Wrote:

Massive amounts of information not seen in the USA is seen in Europe, If I take the time to translate it and give the  source so it can be checked. You should be happy that someone is giving you information from around the world If you lack the IQ to understand this its sad. Also this site has a problem with font colors that no other site on the internet has.

I think it was merely the colour situation and I'm sure Grace wasn't alluding to what you are suggesting.
thumbsup2

In regards of this website having font-colour issues, the bar at the top of where one posts a reply or article
has a letter 'A' with a small red circle on the lower right-hand side leg of the letter. This function removes
any format from a copy-and-paste article and makes the words standard to read.

Hope that helps.
Shy

RE: Finland getting interesting - Grace - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:40 AM)Darkness in soul Wrote:

Since you have accused me of having a low IQ I would like to point a couple things out. 

The first is that I'm literally and in RL going blind. I'm 100% blind in one eye already, and the other eye is following it slowly but surely. I can only tolerate a minimal amount of reading online before eye strain makes reading anything impossible. 

Therefore, I prefer the limited amount of time I have to read what is going on in our world to be productive and informative. COMPLETELY BLANK pages full of invisible text are neither productive or informative for me. Just saying 

As people are mentioning font color I would like to point out the forum default color, WHEN you type directly into the forum (as opposed to copy/paste jobs) creates a perfectly visible text. 

Last time you posted a thread without visible text my husband edited your post so that I could read it. 

Clearly, according to your own words here, you know perfectly well copy/paste jobs require the extra step (a couple seconds of your time) to correct your font color to the forum default - a couple short seconds that you clearly can't be bothered to spend so that your words are able to be seen by those who might be interested in reading them.

I said something TO YOU this time instead of my husband in an effort to get YOU to correct your own post, but ultimately it was BIAD who stepped in to correct YOUR outright refusal to spend a few seconds of your life before hitting the post button. 

I was EXCEEDINGLY kind in pointing out your post had no visible content (as with your link texts), seeing that it's your own laziness causing the issue, and you responded by insulting my IQ (as if its my IQ making your text invisible... Lol) 

As a result of all I have said, I'm very happy not to waste any further seconds of MY life trying to figure out what your posts say..  have a great life. I have far better to do than accept insults from lazy people who seem to enjoy creating invisible posts.

RE: Finland getting interesting - Darkness in soul - 07-30-2023

If your text was meant to make me feel bad, sorry but that does not work with me. I did not know this site had such a problem until other members informed me by then BIAD had kindly fixed it.
If you dont like the info I post then you can reject and not read anything I write.
Having such poor eyesight makes it very hard for you to read and write so that is understood.
I have no interest in been a valued or protected member on this site nor do I care about stars or minus things . I just post info and let people choose what they want to do with it