Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Political news and more (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report (/showthread.php?tid=1059)

Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - Infolurker - 07-28-2023

Not like we didn't know it before but beyond testimony, there is proof. Multiple sources including CNBC.

https://web.ground.news/article/facebook-scrubbed-covid-posts-under-pressure-from-white-house-report_df4904

Quote:
  • This news story is a Blindspot for people on the Left.
  • Internal company communications reveal that Facebook removed content related to COVID-19, including posts speculating that the virus was man-made, under pressure from the White House.
  • Facebook executives expressed confusion and regret over the censorship of these posts and questioned why they were removing content instead of labeling or demoting it.
  • The Biden administration had a list of demands regarding Facebook's censorship, including requests to remove posts that joked about the COVID-19 vaccine. However, Facebook pushed back on some of these demands, stating that CEO Mark Zuckerberg would not approve of them.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/07/28/facebook-bowed-to-white-house-pressure-removed-covid-19-posts--wsj.html

RE: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - Grace - 07-30-2023

What bothers me, niggling, underlying the surface of the article in it's entirety, is that this appears designed to restore public faith in Facebook's ethics. 'Well they objected to all this but it came from Biden's Whitehouse so all is well with the world' seems to be the message here. 

I would say this is the left disassociating themselves with the Biden Administration loudly and publicly. Seems they found a fall guy for any questionable thing, so they can continue on, business as usual, without being so closely scrutinized... It was, after all, his administration's fault and no one really wanted to participate in partisan censorship.. Lol. 

Color me cynical these days, but that's truly how I'm reading this. .

RE: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - BIAD - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:08 AM)Grace Wrote: What bothers me, niggling, underlying the surface of the article in it's entirety, is that this appears designed to restore public faith in Facebook's ethics. 'Well they objected to all this but it came from Biden's Whitehouse so all is well with the world' seems to be the message here. 

I would say this is the left disassociating themselves with the Biden Administration loudly and publicly. Seems they found a fall guy for any questionable thing, so they can continue on, business as usual, without being so closely scrutinized... It was, after all, his administration's fault and no one really wanted to participate in partisan censorship.. Lol. 

Color me cynical these days, but that's truly how I'm reading this. .

I believe it's all about an assumed attention span of an imaginary public and the need to retrieve lost customer
footfall on Zuckerberg's sell-out conduit of control. Ethics will always take a backseat when it comes to enhancing
profits and maintaining power on a cyber-highway where millions of individuals dare to hold different thoughts than
those with their finger on the 'Cancel'-button.

But just like the twin-towers tragedy, the many conflicts around the world and even the current silliness of flying
saucers now wishing to kill us with their ray-guns, topics designed to lure people into a certain way of thinking
just get filed away in the trash-can after their potency is drained through over-use and time.

One may notice how subject-matters are rarely revisited due to the assumption that either the convincing worked
or a self-generated belief held the line against against the way of thinking. This result is believed to arouse little
interest in -what was once, a supposedly jaw-dropping and world-changing situation.

The Covid-scare is merely another casualty of how the failing media does business and this quick turnaround
on what is supposedly 'Earth-shattering' to an audience shows how aligned social media, the mainstream media
and politicians actually are. Tomorrow is another day page.
Smile thumbsup2

RE: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - OmegaLogos - 07-30-2023

Explanation: Under Pressure eh? ...

Personal Disclosure: Sorry I couldn't help myself lol. Cool

Did the Biden Federal Government hold a gun to Facebooks head? Huh

If yes, then Facebook acted under duress and that is acceptable up to a point.  Sure

If no, then Facebook was totally complicit in those dreadful terrible acts of censorship. Tongue

I suspect the latter is the truth. OK

RE: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - Snarl - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:08 AM)Grace Wrote: What bothers me, niggling, underlying the surface of the article in it's entirety, is that this appears designed to restore public faith in Facebook's ethics. 'Well they objected to all this but it came from Biden's Whitehouse so all is well with the world' seems to be the message here.

What if ... the folks deleting the posts were government plants inside of Facebook? Agents are 'sent in' to do all sorts of stuff ... most folks like yourself are too honest to even suspect. There's a good probability that the Facebook seniors didn't know what these plants were doing ... specifically. And ... we know there are plants out there because Elon Musk eradicated almost the entire Twitter staff to rid himself of 'that' problem.

After O'bozo ... the Marxists on the payroll went overboard. I know this. People told me.

There used to be an ethical redline. If one crossed it ... they were done. This is 'one' of the reasons intel staff are rated as GG instead of GS.

RE: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - Infolurker - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 11:03 AM)Snarl Wrote:

What if ... the folks deleting the posts were government plants inside of Facebook? Agents are 'sent in' to do all sorts of stuff ... most folks like yourself are too honest to even suspect. There's a good probability that the Facebook seniors didn't know what these plants were doing ... specifically. And ... we know there are plants out there because Elon Musk eradicated almost the entire Twitter staff to rid himself of 'that' problem.

After O'bozo ... the Marxists on the payroll went overboard. I know this. People told me.

There used to be an ethical redline. If one crossed it ... they were done. This is 'one' of the reasons intel staff are rated as GG instead of GS.

Meet the ex-CIA agents deciding Facebook’s content policy

https://mronline.org/2022/07/14/meet-the-ex-cia-agents-deciding-facebooks-content-policy/

Facebook, Twitter stocked with ex-FBI, CIA officials in key posts

https://nypost.com/2022/12/22/facebook-twitter-stocked-with-ex-fbi-cia-officials/

Quote:Dozens of former national security officials have gone to work for Facebook and Twitter after leaving government service, raising concerns about the influence of their onetime agencies over the social media giants.

At Twitter alone, at least eight former FBI agents work at the company’s so-called “trust” and “security” divisions — including its product policy manager Greg Anderson, who previously worked on “psychological operations” at the National Security Council, The Post has learned. Another is Matthew Williams, the company’s co-lead of its Trust and Safety department who spent more that 15 years in intelligence with the agency.

The discovery of the DC-to-Silicon Valley pipeline comes amid an outcry over revelations that the FBI influenced Twitter to suppress The Post’s account over its reporting on Hunter Biden’s overseas business interests in October 2020 and has regularly demanded specific accounts and tweets be banned.

Multiple releases of internal company documents since Dec. 2 show Twitter developed a close working relationship with the intelligence community, which frequently leaned on them to censor political speech.

The migration from the intelligence services is particularly pronounced at Facebook’s parent company, Meta, where at least nine former CIA agents and six former intelligence employees at other federal agencies are or have been employed.

RE: Facebook Scrubbed COVID Posts ‘Under Pressure’ From White House: Report - xuenchen - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 11:03 AM)Snarl Wrote:

BINGO!
and, FB (and other "private" SM companies) along with the government agents and agencies are guilty of 1st Amendment violations by "causing" individuals to become defacto government agents. There are some law cases like this. Looking for precedents  Cool