Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Not Everything Is Bad - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: A Rogue's Opinion Piece (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Not Everything Is Bad (/showthread.php?tid=1029)

Not Everything Is Bad - BIAD - 07-21-2023

The MSM -in general, deal in negative emotions when it comes to delivering what they consider
'news' these days and rarely offer items that can give a person the feeling that not everything
and everyone can be categorised in the deliberate columns of pessimism.

Here's one.

Quote:'WHAT A NICE MAN' Carer left in tears as King’s Guard breaks protocol to pose with man with
Down’s syndrome

'A Carer was left in tears after a King’s Guard broke proto to pose for a photo with a man with Down’s syndrome.
Mike van Erp, 50, and the man stood a few feet from the guard hoping for a snap outside Buckingham Palace.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1044]
"Careful lad, these men are trained to protect"

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1045]
Someone's day was made by being simply a human.

Despite being famed for keeping still and silent, the soldier moves towards the pair, helping them capture the
perfect pic. After thanking the guard, Mike then told the man he cares for: “What a nice man. What a cool thing
to do.” He said of his colleague: “I’ve worked for his family and him for a decade now and this left me with tears
in my eyes for a few evenings.”...'
The Sun:

RE: Not Everything Is Bad - Bally002 - 07-23-2023

(07-21-2023, 03:28 PM)BIAD Wrote: The MSM -in general, deal in negative emotions when it comes to delivering what they consider
'news' these days and rarely offer items that can give a person the feeling that not everything
and everyone can be categorised in the deliberate columns of pessimism.

Here's one.

Quote:'WHAT A NICE MAN' Carer left in tears as King’s Guard breaks protocol to pose with man with
Down’s syndrome

'A Carer was left in tears after a King’s Guard broke proto to pose for a photo with a man with Down’s syndrome.
Mike van Erp, 50, and the man stood a few feet from the guard hoping for a snap outside Buckingham Palace.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1044]
"Careful lad, these men are trained to protect"

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1045]
Someone's day was made by being simply a human.

Despite being famed for keeping still and silent, the soldier moves towards the pair, helping them capture the
perfect pic. After thanking the guard, Mike then told the man he cares for: “What a nice man. What a cool thing
to do.” He said of his colleague: “I’ve worked for his family and him for a decade now and this left me with tears
in my eyes for a few evenings.”...'
The Sun:

Back in ye olde days the helmeted ones were not so accommodating

Bally Smile

RE: Not Everything Is Bad - Infolurker - 07-23-2023

Just because it is cool.

Winner of duct tape prom dress competition

https://ktla.com/news/california/los-angeles-teen-crowned-winner-of-duct-tape-prom-dress-competition/

[Image: karla-duct-tape-prom-dress-01-2.jpeg?w=876]

[Image: karla-duct-tape-prom-dress-01-1.jpeg]

RE: Not Everything Is Bad - Snarl - 07-23-2023

(07-23-2023, 02:39 PM)Infolurker Wrote: [Image: karla-duct-tape-prom-dress-01-2.jpeg?w=876]

At the risk of thread drift, I have to ask @"Ninurta"#2 : What more creative uses have you ever come up with for 100mph Tape?

RE: Not Everything Is Bad - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-23-2023

I know it's Sunday Funday & X-day, but...

“I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy.”
– Howard Beale, "Network" (1976)

Plus it's damn HOT!!

[Image: e83Ahjt.jpg]

But, I like the heat over cold so it's not so bad and we're getting mighty damn close to breaking the 'official' world record. Why are these ranger gals not in shorts?!

RE: Not Everything Is Bad - BodhisattvaStyle - 07-24-2023

Thanks a bunch for posting this. Too much negative views and "news" out there. This was a breath of fresh air. And we all need that...

5 stars.  Cool

RE: Not Everything Is Bad - Bally002 - 07-24-2023

(07-23-2023, 08:08 PM)Snarl Wrote: At the risk of thread drift, I have to ask @"Ninurta"#2 : What more creative uses have you ever come up with for 100mph Tape?

I'd love to answer that question for @"Ninurta"#2  but......

Bally)