Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Spirits and the Spiritual (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: The Paranormal World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession (/showthread.php?tid=1403)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - BodhisattvaStyle - 12-02-2023

(12-02-2023, 02:50 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am having a number of patients that are being influenced by Fentanyl lace drugs and marijuana, that is causing some extremely strange and unusual reactions and responses.

Marijuana is being used in larger quantities for many treatments, but when it is being laced in the streets, we have nightmare cases that show up on our doorsteps.

I imagine. That fentanyl is no joke. I have lost several friends and a cousin to that garbage. That is a whole new monster of a drug. 

I wouldn't doubt it at all if in some cases, such as these types of crimes, drugs were involved. The only one with a mention of any drug was the article in the OP. I would think if drugs, of any kind, were involved the news would be all over it to blame Marijuana on these horrific crimes. 

Plus the young man in this story had the presence of mind to tell his mother before hand that he was hearing voices. He had told her twice. That shows him reaching out for help. Drugs not being mentioned the only other reason would be a mental health issue.

If this was just jealousy it seems like there would have been signs of it.

I'm going to mark this particular story to see what comes of it.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-02-2023

Something is definitely wrong.

95% of my trauma patients have mental health diagnosises, 80% are on mood altering medications, and 60% are on disability for mental issues. All under the age of 25.

Something is really, really, wrong.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Michigan Swamp Buck - 12-02-2023

Why wouldn't there be evil spirits and demons in this hellish purgatory we call reality? Consider that if the Big Bang theory is accurate, then the pure energy of the first moment of the Big Bang was quickly cooled and began to coagulate into matter, and eventually the universe will expand and cool until the absolute zero conditions of the frozen singularity outside of the universe stops all activity (time stops). If this is the true condition of reality, then the end will be nonexistence. 

Black holes, dark matter, all of these things indicate a dark and malevolent creation. As mortal beings in the material realm, we are just easy pickings, low-hanging fruit in a spiritual food chain. We are in hell already, and we will never know why we deserve this fate. So demons and evil spirits are a given in this dark, evil universe that we exist in only to die and be consumed by the decaying wave of the Big Bang.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Michigan Swamp Buck - 12-04-2023

I had wanted to create a new thread based on this topic, but feel it is best as a post here.

There is a Travel Channel TV program called "Paranormal Survivors" out of Ontario, Canada that ran from 2015 to 2019 with reruns in syndication on broadcast TV. I never watched it on Travel and have only recently been watching it on Sunday evenings on ThisTV. I've been watching it here and there for a couple of months now and it seems that the only type of paranormal activity they cover is haunting and possessions. Also, these encounters are always involving evil spirits and demons with almost no benevolent spirits that warn or protect. So I thought I'd share some observations about these encounters.

The show format is they find people with ghost stories and interview them on camera, then they find similar-looking actors to dramatically exaggerate the stories from the survivor's testimonials. When I consider how many of these survivors become emotional in their interviews, I conclude most are being truthful in their storytelling. The show also has its consultants who are professional paranormal investigators who explain the encounters as they understand them.

Most of these stories involve people who have moved into a new home, often an old Victorian home. Soon after, within the first month of living in the home, unexplainable things begin to occur that seem paranormal, but the homeowners usually rationalize it and blow it off.

Almost all of these hauntings start with a feeling of being watched when no one else is around. Then strange things like cold spots or cold rooms, things out of place, and sounds that can't be explained begin to happen. After these things occur with some regularity, they will hear foot steps and doors opening and closing, usually at night around 2am - 3am in the early mornings. This then escalates until these evil spirits and demons begin to manifest as orbs, shadows and shades, or even fully manifested, full bodied entities.

This is usually about the time the survivors begin to realize something very wrong is happening and suspect the paranormal. They then try to live with the activity until it becomes a threat in the form of violent poltergeist activity after which they seek unconventional help in the form of a paranormal investigator or less often a priest or other Christian style exorcist type. At this point the investigator confirms the survivor's suspicions and uses a (Pagan) sage burning ceremony or some kind of Christian exorcism to "cast out" the spirit or lead it into the light.

Most, but not all the ceremonies work and a small percentage of spirits cannot be cast out or they return and the owners give up and leave the haunted dwelling.

Based on these stories and the consistence of the details, it really makes it seem like evil spirits and demons really exist and can be a threat to regular people who would otherwise never believe in the paranormal.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Snarl - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 03:47 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Based on these stories and the consistence of the details, it really makes it seem like evil spirits and demons really exist and can be a threat to regular people who would otherwise never believe in the paranormal.

Good read, MSB. S&F  Laughing

I don't recall meeting an evil spirit or Demon (nor do I want to). I also don't think I'd want to take up residence in a haunted house. I did meet another God once ... who didn't like me being where I was. He told me to, "Get out." I did. End of story.

I imagine some of these 'things' are less paranormal and more spiritual in nature. It's really hard to label what you can't physically see. I guess we'll know for sure when we die.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - BodhisattvaStyle - 12-04-2023

This very well may be my favorite thread I've ever authored. You all have added some fantastic vantage points. Great discussion!

I don't believe in coincidences so I'm compelled to share this now.

I'd like to add some thoughts to what MichiganSwampBuck and Snarl have shared. (Thanks yall)

I had a new and different experience last night in my home.
I had been hanging out in my living room for a while last night. I have four bedrooms and I sleep in a room that's in the middle of my home and is on the opposite side of the house as the rest of the bedrooms. The room I sleep in is always the hottest room in the house. It's usually much warmer in there than the rest of the entire home.
I walked in there last night and sat down on the bed and realized it was freezing in that room. 

I didn't have the ac running bc it was cool enough outside that I didn't need the ac or the heater. So I didn't even have that going. 

The room was freezing though. I spent a little while in that room, and then ended up going back out to the living room and hanging out, goofing around on here all night. I kept going back into that room, but the next time I went in the room was its normal temp; slightly warmer than the rest of the house.

That's a new one for me. It did give me a freaky vibe when I was sitting in the room and I realized how cold it was in there. 

I believe that spirits can be attached to an area, home, or object, as we've all seen in movies. I think that's a part they did get right.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Michigan Swamp Buck - 12-04-2023

Here is something else I was thinking about these stories. Maybe the reason so very few of these stories have benevolent spirit encounters is that the people who have these types of encounters rarely submit them to the show or the show rejects them in favor of the scary stories. It may also be that spirits with good intentions won't intentionally reveal their presence while they try to protect the living from the other evil spirits.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - BodhisattvaStyle - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 03:47 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I had wanted to create a new thread based on this topic, but feel it is best as a post here.

There is a Travel Channel TV program called "Paranormal Survivors" out of Ontario, Canada that ran from 2015 to 2019 with reruns in syndication on broadcast TV. I never watched it on Travel and have only recently been watching it on Sunday evenings on ThisTV. I've been watching it here and there for a couple of months now and it seems that the only type of paranormal activity they cover is haunting and possessions. Also, these encounters are always involving evil spirits and demons with almost no benevolent spirits that warn or protect. So I thought I'd share some observations about these encounters.

The show format is they find people with ghost stories and interview them on camera, then they find similar-looking actors to dramatically exaggerate the stories from the survivor's testimonials. When I consider how many of these survivors become emotional in their interviews, I conclude most are being truthful in their storytelling. The show also has its consultants who are professional paranormal investigators who explain the encounters as they understand them.

Most of these stories involve people who have moved into a new home, often an old Victorian home. Soon after, within the first month of living in the home, unexplainable things begin to occur that seem paranormal, but the homeowners usually rationalize it and blow it off.

Almost all of these hauntings start with a feeling of being watched when no one else is around. Then strange things like cold spots or cold rooms, things out of place, and sounds that can't be explained begin to happen. After these things occur with some regularity, they will hear foot steps and doors opening and closing, usually at night around 2am - 3am in the early mornings. This then escalates until these evil spirits and demons begin to manifest as orbs, shadows and shades, or even fully manifested, full bodied entities.

This is usually about the time the survivors begin to realize something very wrong is happening and suspect the paranormal. They then try to live with the activity until it becomes a threat in the form of violent poltergeist activity after which they seek unconventional help in the form of a paranormal investigator or less often a priest or other Christian style exorcist type. At this point the investigator confirms the survivor's suspicions and uses a (Pagan) sage burning ceremony or some kind of Christian exorcism to "cast out" the spirit or lead it into the light.

Most, but not all the ceremonies work and a small percentage of spirits cannot be cast out or they return and the owners give up and leave the haunted dwelling.

Based on these stories and the consistence of the details, it really makes it seem like evil spirits and demons really exist and can be a threat to regular people who would otherwise never believe in the paranormal.
Thanks MSB. I'll have to check that show out sometime this week.

I've heard stories of people who didn't believe in God angels or demons until they had one of these encounters. I've heard some have developed a deep faith after one of them.

(12-04-2023, 04:23 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 03:47 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Based on these stories and the consistence of the details, it really makes it seem like evil spirits and demons really exist and can be a threat to regular people who would otherwise never believe in the paranormal.

I don't recall meeting an evil spirit or Demon (nor do I want to). I also don't think I'd want to take up residence in a haunted house. I did meet another God once ... who didn't like me being where I was. He told me to, "Get out." I did. End of story.

I imagine some of these 'things' are less paranormal and more spiritual in nature. It's really hard to label what you can't physically see. I guess we'll know for sure when we die.

I'm of the opinion that paranormal and spiritual are pretty much the same. Trying to figure out what someone is dealing with is the trick.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I am wondering more and more about what it is I'm dealing with. 

I think the damn thing may be latched onto me now. I've had several weird things go on since we started this conversation.

(12-04-2023, 04:51 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Here is something else I was thinking about these stories. Maybe the reason so very few of these stories have benevolent spirit encounters is that the people who have these types of encounters rarely submit them to the show or the show rejects them in favor of the scary stories. It may also be that spirits with good intentions won't intentionally reveal their presence while they try to protect the living from the other evil spirits.
I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head right here...

BodhisattvaStyle:

Cold spots are often considered by these investigators as an area where the spirit is absorbing energy from, maybe in an attempt to manifest into reality. Now, if a spirit is an energy form that used to inhabit a warm body, then heat or infrared radiation may be something it needs to replenish its energy and continue to exist.

(12-04-2023, 05:01 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: BodhisattvaStyle:

Cold spots are often considered by these investigators as an area where the spirit is absorbing energy from, maybe in an attempt to manifest into reality. Now, if a spirit is an energy form that used to inhabit a warm body, then heat or infrared radiation may be something it needs to replenish its energy and continue to exist.

I got a chill like a bolt of lightning when I read this.

First off, I live alone, so there is no one else here but me. I have been battling some depression the last month or so. I've had the longest bout of it I've had in a very long time.
I had moved away from here and moved to a different state for a while. I was happy and productive as I was away. Sleeping like a baby the whole time.

I got back here a couple of months ago and as soon as I got here it was if a "bad mood" hit me.

I haven't been sleeping very well at all. I've actually fallen into insomnia again, and haven't had issues with that in many years now.
Since I have been back it seems these experiences have ramped up. Plus I think I've been latched onto now. 
All kinds of weird things in the last couple weeks.
Doors opening as I went to go grab the knob.
Hit the light switch for the back porch the other night. Flipped the switch up, and nothing. Went to go Fudd with the switch and as I was reaching for it again, and right before I touched the switch again the light came back on.
I was walking by my laundry room the other day and the dryer buzzer, that's loud as sh** BTW, just went off for no reason. 
Scared the crap outta me tbph.

I had been trying to just ignore all this. Me not sleeping has gotten me a little worried tho.

Now that MSB has mentioned this manifestations things, I'm really starting to wonder. Since I've been depressed I had been hanging out in my bedroom the whole time. I've barely left it. Last night I was trying to shake this feeling so I went into the living room to hang, and I did for a few hours or so.
It was in that time that I went into my bedroom and noticed it freezing in there.

Freaky...

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Snarl - 12-04-2023

(12-04-2023, 05:17 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: Freaky...

It is indeed.

Might be worth considering ...

(12-04-2023, 03:47 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: At this point the investigator confirms the survivor's suspicions and uses a (Pagan) sage burning ceremony or some kind of Christian exorcism to "cast out" the spirit or lead it into the light.

(12-04-2023, 05:24 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 05:17 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: Freaky...

It is indeed.

Might be worth considering ...

(12-04-2023, 03:47 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: At this point the investigator confirms the survivor's suspicions and uses a (Pagan) sage burning ceremony or some kind of Christian exorcism to "cast out" the spirit or lead it into the light.

Again, I don't believe in coincidences...

Prior to my moving, I had cleansed this house.
Opened all the windows. Got my Holy Spirit on. I burned incense all through the house. Opened every drawer door cabinet everything. I coaxed the spirits out(or what I felt I was dealing with). I gently asked them to leave. The house felt secure, and I actually even salted the border of the house afterwards.
While I was away a family member came and took care of the lawn. They ended up spraying weed killer around the border of the home so they didn't have to weed whack around the house to save time.

Now I'm wondering if that border was broken due to the weed killer chemical being sprayed on the salt. 
All I know is, since I've been back things seem to be ramped up.

I think I might have pissed off whatever it is.
I'm definitely dealing with some malevolent spirit here at this house.

I would urge caution when interacting with this phenomenon. I've also noticed that these exorcisms are intense and as I said, they didn't always work. Plus the information given by these consulting investigators throwing in their two cents is sometimes conflicting. It seems that ignoring this often makes it worse, fearing it also makes it worse. I posted this on the other side and one poster suggested that Christian prayer was the only way to go. On the other hand, you better believe and be led by the spirit of the Lord or it could make things much worse, even deadly.

Here is a quote from Waterglass over on TOS . . .

Quote:How did it stop? I began to pray to the rosary.

Just pray.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - BodhisattvaStyle - 12-05-2023

I had to delete all of that. I couldn't use it like I wanted to.

@MichiganSwampBuck,
"Sage" advice. Cool
Fortunately I do stay in prayer. I believe* that's why whatever may be in this house, or whatever curse may be on my family, it hasn't been able to destroy us. Confuse and manipulate us, sure. But none of us have ever been harmed.
Just get freaked out from time to time with doors opening or slamming and all that good stuff.

BTW you've got a nice thread going on the other site. I've been following along over there too.
Cheers

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Infolurker - 12-05-2023

Give this a shot (play it loud):

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - BodhisattvaStyle - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 05:08 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Give this a shot (play it loud):

Okay, woah....not sure why, and not sure what this means, but I had chills all over my body while I was playing that. And I mean some of the most intense chills I've ever felt.

Preesh!

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Infolurker - 12-05-2023

Ah yes, the power of the holy spirit.....

Almost electric isn't it?

(12-05-2023, 05:20 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Ah yes, the power of the holy spirit.....

Almost electric isn't it?

Like comforting-lightning flowing thru one's body.

The really cool part is I had just read about that war horn last night while reading the Bible. I'm reading about Joshua leading the Isralites to take over the land they were promised. One of the last things I read was about that horn.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-05-2023

(12-04-2023, 04:23 PM)Snarl Wrote:

I don't recall meeting an evil spirit or Demon (nor do I want to). I also don't think I'd want to take up residence in a haunted house. I did meet those religions that seem to have a power of its own. another God once ... who didn't like me being where I was. He told me to, "Get out." I did. End of story.

I had another run in with a voodoo practitioner. 

I admit that voodoo is one of those powers that have a life of its own. Belief in voodoo is not required. Only belief in our Holy Father is required to fight back.

I have seen voodoo used quite successfully.  Its power is in its ability to invoke control. Blind control, with no thought and no desire to fight or reject the take over. From the outside looking in, it looks like zombie, like behavior.

RE: A discussion on evil spirits and demonic possession - Snarl - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 05:52 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I had another run in with a voodoo practitioner.

Voodoo is a strange one. You only really encounter it down south.

I haven't even thought of voodoo in years.

There's a place there in Florida called Cassadaga. Strange things happen there. Kid you not.