Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Spirits and the Spiritual (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: The Paranormal World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family (/showthread.php?tid=2067)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - Ninurta - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 08:59 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: Great history lesson. That is a lot more than I ever found.

Most of what i saw had a lot more to do with the natives, and the Civil War.

More dark history would be that I'm a stones throw away from jekyll Island. 

I'm in old Timucua territory.  Cool

All kinds of wild tales going on there, and all that went down at jekyll Island.

Timucua country. Look up Jean Ribaut and Rene de Laudonniere. They were the French colonists in Timucua country whose troops were massacred by the Spaniards. In one of their reports, they mentioned having SEEN a snake that had wings and could fly that was killed by the Timucua natives. Ribaut was killed by the Spanish, but I think Laudonniere escaped back to France.

Given the duplicity and sheer evilness that accompanied the massacre of Ribaut and his troops, I'm not at all surprised if evil still walks the land there. That was a PURE evil chapter in history.

I'm not too hip to the goings-on at Jekyll Island. I know, I know... what the hell kinda conspiracy theorist AM I to not be hip to Jekyll Island? I feel suitably disgraced...

(05-16-2024, 08:59 PM)BIAD Wrote: Not to be outdone and with all respect to my fellow-Rogues, this may be a time to mention the strange
language of the region wor lass (my wife) originated from!!
Smile thumbsup2

What the heck IS that? Some kind or Border Riever brogue?

Is your wife kin to me, and y'all just ain't been tellin'?

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - FlickerOfLight - 05-16-2024

I'll give a quick summary of how I learned to classify these entities. 

Demons are the fallen angels. The 1/3 of angels that fell with lucifer.

The book of Enoch: The Lord speaking:
"And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon 9 the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; 10 they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.] And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless 12 hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them."

Iif anyone really wanted a detailed answer, the book "Daemonologie" by King James is an interesting read, and gives a good lay out of it all (I was actually surprised about it)

It breaks all if this down. Even talk about things like fairies, vampires, werewolves etc. 

I highly suggest the read.

(05-16-2024, 09:20 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I'll give a quick summary of how I learned to classify these entities. 

"And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon 9 the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling. Evil spirits have proceeded from their bodies; because they are born from men and from the holy Watchers is their beginning and primal origin; 10 they shall be evil spirits on earth, and evil spirits shall they be called. [As for the spirits of heaven, in heaven shall be their dwelling, but as for the spirits of the earth which were born upon the earth, on the earth shall be their dwelling.] And the spirits of the giants afflict, oppress, destroy, attack, do battle, and work destruction on the earth, and cause trouble: they take no food, but nevertheless 12 hunger and thirst, and cause offences. And these spirits shall rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them."

Iif anyone really wanted a detailed answer, the book "Daemonologie" by King James is an interesting read, and gives a good lay out of it all (I was actually surprised about it)

It breaks all if this down. Even talk about things like fairies, vampires, werewolves etc. 

This book at Project Gutenberg

This book at The Internet Archives

The Internet Archive has it in PDF, but if you need epub3, then the Project Gutenberg link might work better for you. Otherwise, their format choices are pretty similar.

Another version at the Internet Archive This version is an outright scanned PDF of a 1924 reprint from The Bodley Head in London and E,P. Dutton in America..

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - FlickerOfLight - 05-16-2024

(05-16-2024, 10:04 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 09:20 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I'll give a quick summary of how I learned to classify these entities. 

This book at Project Gutenberg

This book at The Internet Archives

The Internet Archive has it in PDF, but if you need epub3, then the Project Gutenberg link might work better for you. Otherwise, their format choices are pretty similar.

Another version at the Internet Archive This version is an outright scanned PDF of a 1924 reprint from The Bodley Head in London and E,P. Dutton in America..

I like that scanned version of it. That's really cool.

Here ya go. A little about jekyll island, Ninurta. 

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - BIAD - 05-17-2024

(05-16-2024, 09:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: What the heck IS that? Some kind or Border Riever brogue?

It seems those cold northern borders created far-reaching connections via dialect and behaviour!!

(Note: No Scots or Geordies were hurt in this situation.)
Shocked

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-17-2024

(05-17-2024, 12:36 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 09:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: What the heck IS that? Some kind or Border Riever brogue?

It seems those cold northern borders created far-reaching connections via dialect and behaviour!!

(Note: No Scots or Geordies were hurt in this situation.)
Shocked

You and @"Ninurta"#2 made me think of Wiki tongues.

Being in the medical profession and living in Florida, has exposed me to a huge number of dialects. I find it interesting how people from all areas always manage to develop a unique sound to the way that they speak.

Wiki tongues or transitional tribal speak?

https://youtube.com/@wikitongues?si=h4B3MoU9t6wbOlb9
Love it

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - Ninurta - 05-17-2024

(05-17-2024, 01:12 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: You and @"Ninurta"#2 made me think of Wiki tongues.

Being in the medical profession and living in Florida, has exposed me to a huge number of dialects. I find it interesting how people from all areas always manage to develop a unique sound to the way that they speak.

Wiki tongues or transitional tribal speak?

https://youtube.com/@wikitongues?si=h4B3MoU9t6wbOlb9
Love it

Some of the toughest American dialects I've ever heard are Gullah from the coastal islands of South Carolina, and the language of the lobstermen in Gloucester, Virginia. The Louisiana Cajun dialect ain't got nothin' on them for effort to understand!

There once was a movement afoot to have Appalachian English designated as "Queen Anne's English" and have it associated with the English spoken around the time of the first English colonies in America, but I personally think that everything changes over time, and the Appalachian dialects have also gone their own way in the intervening years between colonization and now.

RE: My horrible truth Witchcraft in my family - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-17-2024

(05-17-2024, 05:26 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Some of the toughest American dialects I've ever heard are Gullah from the coastal islands of South Carolina, and the language of the lobstermen in Gloucester, Virginia. The Louisiana Cajun dialect ain't got nothin' on them for effort to understand!

There once was a movement afoot to have Appalachian English designated as "Queen Anne's English" and have it associated with the English spoken around the time of the first English colonies in America, but I personally think that everything changes over time, and the Appalachian dialects have also gone their own way in the intervening years between colonization and now.

I agree Gullah is in a class by itself.

Even has my good friend's husband's Chinese Jamaican accent beat.  Laughing