Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technology and Advancements (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Forum: Computers, Internet and the Digital World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation (/showthread.php?tid=545)

Pages: 1 2

RE: I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation - 727Sky - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 02:45 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: I know there are a few members over there I'd like to see pop in here, some of the older ones from my time lurking there and during my posting period. I started lurking in the early 2000's? 5 or 6 IIRC, started posting about 6 years after.

Be nice to see new membership here, but then again, I do like that's it's just a big group of familiar faces.

Forums are dying, it's a tough model in 2020's.

A couple of people have said "Ban me" and wallah they have been banned !
Quote:I just want to say this, and I'm only going to say it once:

People who tell Darko to go ahead and ban them will be banned. You may think you're being cute, but the way we see it, it's really just an extension of the disrespect that a handful of people have shown us since we took over, & especially when we have tried very hard to cater to everyone, with a pretty hefty cost to us, both personally and professionally.

I'm fine with anyone who doesn't want ATS 2.0 to be about a community that knows how to have discourse without being hateful, snide, rude, entitled, or just flat-out mean to people to go ahead and speak up now, so that we can make room for those that do have that ability.

RE: I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation - MisterSpock - 05-10-2023

I certainly saw that exchange.

Nothing says "we are heading in the right direction" like having a long time, prominent member and mod, ask to get banned and set free of the impending shit show.

I'm sure it will all work out.

The only chance that place has, is to capitalize on the 2024 election for traffic, maybe even get a mention on CNN. Going to be fun seeing how they manage to get that.

RE: I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation - SomeJackleg - 05-10-2023

updated my last posts in this thread and and it their site one. hope thet make sense, i've been wearing beer goggles today and tonight and things have been kinda distorted, and now i'm seeing double.

but i do want to add these post of darko's, first mentioned of paywall and the program he coming close to switch on.

Quote:You want us to pay the bills AND mods out of our pocket? Do you see any revenue streams coming in? There isn't even a single google ad. However, we have been considering making this a pay site, so if you think that's a better direction then yea, we'll be happy to do a rev share with the mods

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1330745/pg1#pid26996225

didn't realize mods on ATS got paid

Quote:a reply to: Mrs Darko
I am really close to flipping A Member on. It will immediately get rid of people who don't find value in the site. It's funny, I just posted in the mod section about something "my biggest trigger is a sense of entitlement". No one seems to appreciate the fact that ownership is literally paying for the site out of pocket as a courtesy to the truth movement. People have been entitled and disrespectful to the people volunteering their time. What do you think? Ban him? Or no? He doesn't seem to align with the values of ATS 2.0. But hasn't violated any TOS. Just an asshole that I really don't feel is a fit for ATS 2.0. In fact, we've been LOSING MONEY by paying attention to ATS and not our own businesses.
edit on 9-5-2023 by Darko because: (no reason given)

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1330745/pg2#pid26996237

and the AMemeber software,

Quote:aMember Pro is a software installed on your website that allows to protect content in your website or in a WordPress blog and make content available for subscribers only. Recurring and non-recurring billing is supported.

Developed and improved since 2002, aMember Pro has every feature you could expect from a subscription script. Billing, invoicing, reporting, 200+ integrations, helpdesk, affiliate program - as easy as click "Power On" switch.

Quote:aMember Pro is a software installed on your website that allows to protect content in your website or in a WordPress blog and make content available for subscribers only. Recurring and non-recurring billing is supported.

Developed and improved since 2002, aMember Pro has every feature you could expect from a subscription script. Billing, invoicing, reporting, 200+ integrations, helpdesk, affiliate program - as easy as click "Power On" switch.

aMemeberpro

as i said in my OP, and it turned out i was right

Quote:i think the decision to end it or start more strict rules enforcement for it had already been made, and this thread was a feeler to see how it would go over, not that it would matter. it's gonna be done.

Paywall is coming, just droping hints for feelers to see how it will be accepted.

RE: I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation - BIAD - 05-10-2023

In my humble opinion, the actual reason for having a place of communal discourse was lost during
the times when the money was rolling in and finance took over the interest in aliens and Bigfoot.
Shy

RE: I Sense New Growth For Rogue Nation - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 03:29 AM)SomeJackleg Wrote: updated my last posts in this thread and and it their site one. hope thet make sense, i've been wearing beer goggles today and tonight and things have been kinda distorted, and now i'm seeing double.

but i do want to add these post of darko's, first mentioned of paywall and the program he coming close to switch on.

Quote:You want us to pay the bills AND mods out of our pocket? Do you see any revenue streams coming in? There isn't even a single google ad. However, we have been considering making this a pay site, so if you think that's a better direction then yea, we'll be happy to do a rev share with the mods

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1330745/pg1#pid26996225

didn't realize mods on ATS got paid

Quote:a reply to: Mrs Darko
I am really close to flipping A Member on. It will immediately get rid of people who don't find value in the site. It's funny, I just posted in the mod section about something "my biggest trigger is a sense of entitlement". No one seems to appreciate the fact that ownership is literally paying for the site out of pocket as a courtesy to the truth movement. People have been entitled and disrespectful to the people volunteering their time. What do you think? Ban him? Or no? He doesn't seem to align with the values of ATS 2.0. But hasn't violated any TOS. Just an asshole that I really don't feel is a fit for ATS 2.0. In fact, we've been LOSING MONEY by paying attention to ATS and not our own businesses.

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1330745/pg2#pid26996237

and the AMemeber software,

aMemeberpro

as i said in my OP, and it turned out i was right

Quote:i think the decision to end it or start more strict rules enforcement for it had already been made, and this thread was a feeler to see how it would go over, not that it would matter. it's gonna be done.

Paywall is coming, just droping hints for feelers to see how it will be accepted.

I have mixed feelings about the internet these days. I am kind of looking forward to a pay as you go internet. It will either weed out the ugly, or it will further divide. I remember the internet when it first started, it had limited members because it wasn’t very well known or accepted, and it was expensive as hell. Pay walls will reduce the numbers and maybe make for more civil discourse. I don’t know, we will see.

I live on a fixed income, so I am extremely frugal. Some even call me Ebenezer Scrooge, and my mother says I can make a penny scream, so streaming and paywalls are not in the budget.

I will miss a lot of friends and family I have acquired over the years, but I will fill my idle time doing things a bit more productive, and maybe a bit more healthier. Being on call as much as I am, I will need to find things to keep me alert and occupied as I wait for that call.

I can guess that I will not be alone, and hopefully people will seek out more personal local activities. I am not ready for the Bingo crowd just yet, but I have some walking trails close by. There is a local gun range, and I know quite a few folk that work and hang there. Our local library is always up to something, and I belong to enough professional groups that I could take zoom classes 24 hours a day. Might as well get something back from all those dues I pay.

The internet is definitely changing. Always has, always will. We have come a long way since “The Well”, and there is a long way still to go. I have been plucking my way along the strings of this web for a long time. Maybe it is time to escape this silky landscape while I can, before I become an old dried up husk of a shell.

Leave this place for the young folk, and just hope they do something healthy, fun, and productive, with it.

Just an idle thought.