Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
New Meaning to Old Phrase - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Animal House (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+--- Thread: New Meaning to Old Phrase (/showthread.php?tid=97)

New Meaning to Old Phrase - Minstrel - 11-24-2022

So - My wife & I were standing on the patio, aimlessly discussing something to do with her travel plans for the coming days...and, apparently, a squirrel was perched on the roof, a few feet away - probably trying to catch some juicy gossip (a well-documented vice of perched squirrels)...when...for some reason, the squirrel lost its perch, and fell from the roof...splat...onto the concrete patio, landing flat on its side (no creatures died in this episode).

As I later reflected on this strangeness, the fact that the squirrel dropped from the eave...while (it could'a been) listening in on our conversation (with seedy intent, no doubt) - gave new/double meaning to the phrase "Eaves-Dropping". Cool

What do you think?

RE: New Meaning to Old Phrase - GeauxHomeLittleD - 11-24-2022

I think it is a sign that you need to make a spicy squirrel stew, but that's just me!

RE: New Meaning to Old Phrase - EndtheMadnessNow - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 02:20 PM)Minstrel Wrote: So - My wife & I were standing on the patio, aimlessly discussing something to do with her travel plans for the coming days...and, apparently, a squirrel was perched on the roof, a few feet away - probably trying to catch some juicy gossip (a well-documented vice of perched squirrels)...when...for some reason, the squirrel lost its perch, and fell from the roof...splat...onto the concrete patio, landing flat on its side (no creatures died in this episode).

As I later reflected on this strangeness, the fact that the squirrel dropped from the eave...while (it could'a been) listening in on our conversation (with seedy intent, no doubt) - gave new/double meaning to the phrase "Eaves-Dropping". Cool

What do you think?

LOL. The NSA is known to have used secret squirrels.

[Image: rO6oAk0.jpg]

RE: New Meaning to Old Phrase - BIAD - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 06:47 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: [Image: rO6oAk0.jpg]

A Kecksburg squirrel?
Smile

RE: New Meaning to Old Phrase - Minstrel - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 03:57 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I think it is a sign that you need to make a spicy squirrel stew, but that's just me!

My reflexive reaction to your suggestion: Par for the course for someone from the piney woods of far east Texas.

My taste buds have never been exposed to the delectabilities of squirrel...but, my Brother-in-Law, whose heritage derives from somewhere around SW-Arkansas and the Texas-Louisiana border, claims that his grandmother used to make squirrel dumplings that included the skulls with squirrel brains intact...which brains, much like Louisianans & their crawdads/crayfish, were the grandmother's prize, to be sucked/slurped from the skulls.

Have you had spicy squirrel stew?

(11-24-2022, 06:47 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: LOL. The NSA is known to have used secret squirrels.

[Image: rO6oAk0.jpg]

"Secret Squirrels"... Laughing Funny

RE: New Meaning to Old Phrase - GeauxHomeLittleD - 11-25-2022

@"Minstrel"#23 

Quote:Have you had spicy squirrel stew?

Yes, and also fried squirrel, baked squirrel, and a weird squirrel casserole.
The Carter years were tough bro!