Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Meet Nebuchadnezzar - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Pets Place (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: Meet Nebuchadnezzar (/showthread.php?tid=922)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-04-2023

Another Dr. Doolittle moment today. Driving down my dirt road about 4 pm. I see this tiny black thing on the side of the road. More in the road than on the side. I slow down and I see that it is a kitten.

I asked my Mother, did she see the kitten she said she didn't. I kept on driving slowly because there was a car behind me and I did not want to create and obstacle for them. They saw the kitten and slowed, but the kitten ran off into the woods.

Mother said, "Poor thing". "I wonder how many there are?" So I went back. I didn't see the kitten and was not sure where I had saw it before, so I got out of the car to see if I heard anything. Immediately after I got out I heard it "meow". I looked down and it was walking towards me like he was saying, "About time!"

I picked him up. He was so skinny and tiny. I put him on the back seat. He looked up at me as if he was saying, "Home Jane".

I took him home.

He is on the front porch and he is more docile and cuddly than Sylvester or Enoch. I have to get him checked out by the vet and treated before I can introduce him to the rest of the pack. But he seems to think the place is his.

I was going to name him Joseph because his coat is of many colors, but he would not respond to Joseph. So, I asked him if he thought he was a king. I said are you Nebuchadnezzar, and yep, he walked right over laid down on his back and demanded I rub his belly.

If I say Nebuchadnezzar he turns his head and he comes. If I call him Nebbie, he won't even look at me. If I call him Chad, he won't look at me. If I call him Nebuchadnezzar he turns his head looks at me, and comes if I tell him to come.

So, here we go again. So far Sylvester and Enoch will look at him from the window, but they have not made a sound towards him, and had not made any attempt to get his attention. I think he is so tiny, they are not so sure about him yet. The Huskies looked at him from the outside of the porch, but they haven't weighed in on him yet either. And tiny Nebuchadnezzar, so far, is ignoring them as well.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - Infolurker - 07-04-2023

We have 6 currently. Only one was "ours" the rest from people who dump them. We catch them, fix them, get them all their shots, and add them to the collection.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-04-2023

Fed Nebuchadnezzar his last small meal for the night. It is only his second meal and I feel horrible about giving him such small amounts because you can tell he has been starving. But I don't want him to develop re-feeding syndrome. He has plenty of water. Sylvester and Enoch have not made a sound, but they are hanging by the door and windows.

I have found Sylvester and Nebuchadnezzar window kissing, but no sound from either one.

My friend the Vet is open tomorrow, so I will take him by to get checked out and treated for any vermin, though I have not found any fleas or ticks on him. Probably because it is so darn hot.

It may also be the reason for his rusting. Rusting can come from trauma, long stays in direct sunlight, and for some it can just be genetic. A true black cat is not as common as many people think. Tabby & ginger coloring is actually the most common color for cats.

I was not planning on bringing Nebuchadnezzar inside. But he is so darn tiny and so darn sweet and loving that I may end up with another porch cat that spends more time indoors than out. The Huskies are still ignoring him, but my huskies grew up with kittens and they only are interested tiny things they are not familiar with if they move suddenly and fast.

My Huskies are okay, I am not so sure how Nebuchadnezzar is going to react with those big noisy things up close. It will likely be a long slow process. I

(07-04-2023, 03:12 AM)Infolurker Wrote: We have 6 currently. Only one was "ours" the rest from people who dump them. We catch them, fix them, get them all their shots, and add them to the collection.

I think he was dumped also. My greatest fear is that he was not dumped alone, and he got separated from the rest of his litter.

He does not have a feral bone in his body. But he is very small and very skinny, so he has not been at a mother's tit in a long while. He does not eat dry food well, but he inhales the wet food.

I am going to go looking for the rest of the litter, if they are still around. I am in the woods, and even though it is a dirt road there is still a lot of traffic, and the coyotes have been hanging closer to the houses because my neighbors have been firing off guns and fireworks every evening since Thursday night.

They must have bought out the entire warehouse.

If I find the rest of the litter, I will keep them as outdoor cats. I can use them around the homestead. I have a neighbor about a mile away that has a bunch of outdoors cats that he keeps around his place to keep the vermin from his garden and chickens. All of his have notched ears, and he said he has no reproducing ones in his lot.

Unfortunately people do dump cats and dogs on a regular basis out here. They will even abandon furniture, and vehicles out here. Just because there is a long dirt road and there are no visible houses for miles, does not mean that people don't live out here.

Look right outside the window lying on the table on the outside. 

Enoch and Sylvester are lying at the window on the inside.

I think these guys are going to get along just fine.

In love

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - A51Watcher2 - 07-04-2023

I love this story and the pics.

Thanks for sharing.

Heart

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - quintessentone - 07-04-2023

Our Georgie boy.

He is one lucky cat to have you come into his life. Well done.

My daughter recently brought one a neglected kitten. Georgie was so neglected he took to tearing apart whatever was left on the kitchen counter, namely bread in packages. His ribs were showing and he had an injured paw and I since learned that he was in a home with dogs, and I think the dogs attacked him.

Many vet dollars later, we got him healthy.

It took us a while to teach him to stay off the counters and how to open slightly ajar doors himself. Although if he really wants something that I am preparing, mostly cheese, he will stand up against me and run his claws up my legs, but he does not dig the claws into me. I end up giving him what he wants and so the drama continues.

Unfortunately, he loves to eat and is getting way too fat.

He is such a nice guy to all the other cats that they (the crazies) swat him in the face a lot and he always seems to have a new scratch mark on his face.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 02:24 PM)quintessentone Wrote: Unfortunately, he loves to eat and is getting way too fat.

He is such a nice guy to all the other cats that they (the crazies) swat him in the face a lot and he always seems to have a new scratch mark on his face.

Georgie is adorable. 

Nebuchadnezzar was lying on the table on the other side of the window again this morning.

I believe he thought it was a dream because he was a little standoffish and cautious when I first came on the porch. 

I called his name but he was really hesitant to come. So I walked to the other side of the porch and sat down. He kept looking at me but did not come any closer.

I patted my lap and said, "Come Nebuchadnezzar." He walked slowly towards me and stopped at my feet. He then started purring and rubbing against my legs. I rubbed his head and he laid down for me to rub his belly.

I think he may have realized that it was not a dream but real.

He had his teaspoon of food for breakfast, and he is back on his throne at the window, looking happy.

I will keep feeding him small amounts of food fairly frequently, until he sees the Vet tomorrow. Until then no big meals or treats.

The dogs are interested in him, but he does not trust the dogs yet. I am not afraid of the dogs hurting him. I am afraid that Nebuchadnezzar will hurt the dogs.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - quintessentone - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 03:59 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 02:24 PM)quintessentone Wrote: Unfortunately, he loves to eat and is getting way too fat.

Georgie is adorable. 

Nebuchadnezzar was lying on the table on the other side of the window again this morning.

I believe he thought it was a dream because he was a little standoffish and cautious when I first came on the porch. 

I called his name but he was really hesitant to come. So I walked to the other side of the porch and sat down. He kept looking at me but did not come any closer.

I patted my lap and said, "Come Nebuchadnezzar." He walked slowly towards me and stopped at my feet. He then started purring and rubbing against my legs. I rubbed his head and he laid down for me to rub his belly.

I think he may have realized that it was not a dream but real.

He had his teaspoon of food for breakfast, and he is back on his throne at the window, looking happy.

I will keep feeding him small amounts of food fairly frequently, until he sees the Vet tomorrow. Until then no big meals or treats.

The dogs are interested in him, but he does not trust the dogs yet. I am not afraid of the dogs hurting him. I am afraid that Nebuchadnezzar will hurt the dogs.

He's adorable too but aren't they all? LOL

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - F2d5thCav - 07-06-2023

How is Neb coming along?

Cheers

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - Chiefsmom - 07-06-2023

He is adorable!

How is he doing?

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 07:03 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: How is Neb coming along?

Cheers

@"Chiefsmom"#67

Nebuchadnezzar is doing great.

He was cleared from any serious problems. He does have hookworms, and he received treatment for that, with a another treatment due in three weeks.

He is only about four pounds, but he has most of his adult teeth, so the Vet thinks he is about three to four months old. No fleas, no ticks. He got all of his shots except the feline leukemia shot. My friend did not want to overwhelm him with any more shots. He was free of leukemia, so he will get the feline leukemia and HIV shots in about three months.

My friend was surprised at how loving and gentle he is. He says that he thinks he will start to pick up weight after the hookworms are all gone.

I still have to keep him away from the rest of the pack for at least another three weeks, but they have the social meet ups on the opposite sides of the windows.

He is so quiet, the exact opposite of loud mouth Enoch.

Thanks for asking about him.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-07-2023

Nebuchadnezzar is getting stronger, he wants to play! He is high spirited. Extremely loving, to the point the Vet couldn't get a good read on his heart and lungs because none of his tricks worked in trying to get him to stop purring.

He still has feral traits. He always has his long sci-fi vicious claws out, though he is smart enough that he knows to be gentle with them. He hated the feel of the litter on his paws, but he is using the litter box like a champ now. I should have video taped our sessions of acclimating him to the feel of the litter and the litter box on his little paws.

He transforms into a demon when around dogs, so that is going to be a challenge. I am hoping that when he can finally meet Enoch and Sylvester face to face, he will learn from them how to deal with the Huskies. Because Enoch and Sylvester treats the Huskies like toys and horses.

He is still so tiny. My neighbor came over, she said, "well he looks like he hasn't had many meals". It was hilarious when she said to him, "so you didn't like the name Joseph?" He completely ignored her. She said, "Nebuchadnezzar?" He ran over to her and started rubbing against her legs. She was flabbergasted. She said, "Your name really is Nebuchadnezzar!" He flopped on her foot, turned over and showed her his belly. She said I swear that it is the darnedest thing I have ever seen.
Laughing

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-07-2023

I think we are making some headway.

Nebuchadnezzar is a playful little sprite, now that is had four days of food in him.

He wouldn't eat any dry food. But he was so dehydrated, I didn't encourage it. 

Enoch and Sylvester have one meal with the pack but they have dry food available to eat whenever they want. 

I am going to drop Nebuchadnezzar down to three meals today and will try to have him weaned to twice a day by Monday. So I wanted to leave him some kibble to eat when he wants it.

He walked away from the bowl three times before he decided to eat it, and it must have been good because he chowed it down. 

He walks away then goes back and gets a few bits, then walks away again. The gap before checking that the food is still there is about 20 minutes. I think he is trying to get used to the idea that the food will still be there.

When I know he is comfortable I will then be able to tell what he likes best.

Enoch likes the wet food better, but eats his share of the kibble. Sylvester does not like the wet food much, he licks off the gravy and leaves the rest for Enoch.

The are both big, but not obese. Enoch is 24 lbs, Sylvester is 22 lbs. And poor little Nebuchadnezzar is barely 4lbs. Kit Kat, their mother was part Maine Coon. That is why they are so big. The took their daddy's looks and their momma's size.

My friend, the Vet, says he will start to pick up weight soon enough.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-09-2023

I don't think Nebuchadnezzar can truly be classified as feral. He does not know yet to close his claws when playing, which now that he is regaining his strength, he wants to do all the time. When he is not playing he wants to cuddle and lay in your lap. His meow is so quiet, making him the complete opposite of Enoch. Enoch does not like to cuddle. He is a pacer and you can hear Enoch meow half a mile away, with the windows closed.

He has not made up his mind about the dogs yet. The moment he sees them he hisses and blows up like a balloon, looking like something from a Halloween horror movie. But the Huskies just stand there looking at him, so after a while he does his little quiet meowing, and everybody calms down.

Guess what he truly hates. My cell phone. He tries to smack it out of my hand, or he tries to grab it out of my hands. Which makes him fit right in, because every one of the pack does exactly the same thing.

He goes through about one cup of kibble in 24 hours, and eats about 2 ounces of wet cat food three times a day. He is comfortable and feels safe and at home. He confiscated the carrier as his home, and he has his favorite chair on the porch that is his throne.

He has not gained any weight yet. He is still looks very emaciated, but his belly is full, and he doesn't scarf his food down anymore. I don't think he will ever be as big as Enoch and Sylvester. But hopefully soon he won't be skin and bones.

Enoch used pulled a Lassie move.

I was out with Tamar and Goliath. So I decided to walk around to the front porch to see what Nebuchadnezzar was doing.

He heard me coming and walked over to the screen where I was standing. Enoch was in the window inside the house. Tamar heard his, barely audible to human ears, crying. She and pulled loose from her stake and came running. Now Nebuchadnezzar does his instant puff up thing, and is making that chilling deep throat screeching noise thing, and Tamar is transfixed, trying to figure what the hell that weird little thing, making that weirder noise is.

Enoch saw trouble on the horizon. He ran into my Mother's rooms and dragged her to the window. Telling my Mother, his version of Timmy is in the well.

Mom didn't see me, but she felt something was off, so she started calling for me. I could tell by the timber of her voice that she was frightened. When I walked in through the back porch, she told me to go check the front porch because Enoch came into her room and brought her to the front door and she is afraid that something is not right out there.

I told her everything is fine, and Nebuchadnezzar is just playing at being King.

It is going to take a bit of time but it still looks promising. Once the Huskies figure out that that little, weird looking thing, that makes that strange ominous sound, is the same creature as their brothers Enoch and Sylvester, and they will ignore Nebuchadnezzar as much as they ignore the other two.

Let just need to have the opportunity to sniff his butt.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-09-2023

Soon to be christened new king? Laughing

[Image: 1Ais0CU.jpg]

[Image: mAnsYuT.jpg]

Skin and bones.

But look at that belly. Laughing

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - F2d5thCav - 07-10-2023

Neb actually looks like he has filled out a little.  Good for him.

Cheers

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2023

Nebuchadnezzar had his first visit inside the house today. All the dogs were cool with it except Tamar.

Of course the Devil's spawn had to be her evil self. Nebuchadnezzar put up with it for about 15 minutes then her started with his low growl so I took him back on the porch to calm down.

Enoch and Sylvester pretended to ignore him, but as soon as I took Nebuchadnezzar back out on the porch, they both started crying at the window, and became very needy and demanding when I came back in.

Enoch even headbutted me, and it hurt.

Will give him 15 minutes a day and increase the time until he stays calm.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-15-2023

Nebuchadnezzar had his first face to face meeting with Enoch and Sylvester. It did not go as well as I hoped. I placed Nebuchadnezzar in one of the dog crates that the Huskies had outgrown. They could see and interact, a little bit, but could not claw each other's eyes out.

He growled at Enoch, and Enoch was not happy. He looked at me like he was saying, "Oh Hell No!" He hissed at Nebuchadnezzar, with a totally incredulous look on his face. Like, "You had better put him in check before I do."

Sylvester just kept looking at him like he could not believe what he was seeing. Nebuchadnezzar did not hiss or growl at Sylvester and Sylvester didn't get hissy with him.

Enoch finally calmed down and Nebuchadnezzar did what would look like a submit stance if done by a dog. After that they all just tolerated each other. I will see how they do tomorrow. I plan to do this slow introduction for about 4 or 5 days before allowing Nebuchadnezzar to leave the crate.

He walked through the valley of death this morning and the Huskies just sat staring. They did not make a sound. Nebuchadnezzar stopped at Bellah's crate and Tamar's crate an sniff. He did not stop at Maxx's or Goliath's crate.

I think it is a boy thing.

RE: Meet Nebuchadnezzar - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-16-2023

Anyone that does not have a pet does not know what joy they are missing.

Enoch just had my Mother and I laughing so hard we could have used Depends.

I went shopping and saw a cheap cat toy that was three tiny stuffed mice, so I got it. I gave Nebuchadnezzar his little mouse, and he a grand time with it. I heard this loud growl. I looked up and Sylvester was there, with his eyes locked on Nebuchadnezzar and the toy. He looked at me as if to say, "Where is my toy?" I gave Sylvester his toy and he was happy.

Enoch was sitting at the top of the cat tree, and he was mad as hell. I gave him his tiny mouse. He climbed down from the cat tree. He walked into my bedroom, and stuffed the toy into my shoe. What made Mother and I laugh so hard, was the way he was stuffing the toy into the shoe. He kept pushing and pushing, like he was saying, "This is what I think of your cheap ass toy." Stuff this up your toe." "How you like that?!"

Enoch is jealous and he is funny as all get out.