Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Hot Button Issues (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore (/showthread.php?tid=879)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Ninurta - 06-30-2023

(06-30-2023, 12:47 PM)quintessentone Wrote: Well those 'some' judges must see that many factions of society are still NOT race blind so why should the admissions department act as if they are race blind?

That depends on whether they take government money or not. The government cannot legally or morally finance a system that is biased against one citizen in favor of another based upon race, gender, etc. It's that pesky "equality under the law" concept, the same reason that gay marriages must be allowed and licensed by the State, the same reason that miscegenation statues were struck down. The government cannot support discriminatory practices against some citizens in favor of others.

Note well that the legal and governmental system is not the same as a social system. It governs, it does not socialize.

Now, if a private institution does NOT take government money, in any form, then the government by rights does not have any say in how it operates. That is the one flaw in this decision, as I understand they are applying it to both public and private institutions. It can, and must, be applied to public institutions or institutions that take public funds, but it cannot legitimately be applied to wholly private institutions.

"Factions of society" are social issues, not legitimate government issues.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Ninurta - 06-30-2023

(06-30-2023, 06:38 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Meanwhile Harvard plans to continue regardless of the Supreme Court decision using an Essay Loophole. 

Harvard University signals loophole for race-based admissions

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/education/harvard-signals-loophole-race-based-admissions-supreme-court

Good luck to them. The SCOTUS covered that essay loophole in their decision. It won't go well for Harvard when they try that.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 06-30-2023

(06-30-2023, 06:38 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Meanwhile Harvard plans to continue regardless of the Supreme Court decision using an Essay Loophole. 

Harvard University signals loophole for race-based admissions

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/education/harvard-signals-loophole-race-based-admissions-supreme-court

Of course they want to find ways to continue the illegal racist polices. 

I wonder why The MSM and Democrats aren't telling people about the 9 States that outlawed college racism admissions years ago!!!!!! Hmmmm

Coolnote Washington State actually re-instated their illegal racism in 2022 !!!! ROFLOLz I bet they're boiling today  Smile

Quote:Nine states in the United States have banned race-based affirmative action: California (1996), Washington (1998, rescinded 2022), Florida (1999), Michigan (2006), Nebraska (2008), Arizona (2010), New Hampshire (2012), Oklahoma (2012), and Idaho (2020).

Affirmative action in the United States

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-01-2023

Just another tool to divide. I have six friends. Yes. I said six. Everyone of them sacrificed, worked overtime, and suffered to put their children through school and all six of them are sitting their grown ass behinds at home and mommy and daddy are still taking care of them. Two of them have jobs working at a restaurant. One delivers groceries and food, one works as a receptionist, one works in a clinic, and one works at a grocery store.

A college degree is no guarantee for a well paying job, and even if you do luck up and get a well paying job you still will not be able to afford, rent, gas, food, utilities, and the other amenities of life.

So why are we making the fight about who gets to participate in the Squid Games and who doesn't.

They don't give a damn about you or your children, unless they can use them for their gain. Stop following the bouncing ball. Damn! How gullible can you be when you are holding the script in your hands. You know exactly what is going on. So why are you still following the Pied Piper off the cliff?

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Infolurker - 07-01-2023

Pure Hypocrisy

'SIT DOWN': Warren mocked for past claims of Native American heritage after bashing affirmative action ruling

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-mocked-past-claims-native-american-heritage-bashing-affirmative-action-ruling

[Image: goo_jpg-2868974.JPG]

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 12:15 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Just another tool to divide. I have six friends. Yes. I said six. Everyone of them sacrificed, worked overtime, and suffered to put their children through school and all six of them are sitting their grown ass behinds at home and mommy and daddy are still taking care of them. Two of them have jobs working at a restaurant. One delivers groceries and food, one works as a receptionist, one works in a clinic, and one works at a grocery store.

A college degree is no guarantee for a well paying job, and even if you do luck up and get a well paying job you still will not be able to afford, rent, gas, food, utilities, and the other amenities of life.

So why are we making the fight about who gets to participate in the Squid Games and who doesn't.

They don't give a damn about you or your children, unless they can use them for their gain. Stop following the bouncing ball. Damn! How gullible can you be when you are holding the script in your hands. You know exactly what is going on. So why are you still following the Pied Piper off the cliff?

Yup. Tons of college degrees are useless.
Some on the other hand are Gold.
Nursing degrees (BSN, APN, even RN etc) and Pharm degrees are Gold, just to name one field area.
Accountants, Lawyers, MBAs are gold too.
I don't know what makes somebody's clock tick to just go for a stooge degree  Cool

(07-01-2023, 12:53 AM)Infolurker Wrote: Pure Hypocrisy

'SIT DOWN': Warren mocked for past claims of Native American heritage after bashing affirmative action ruling

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warren-mocked-past-claims-native-american-heritage-bashing-affirmative-action-ruling

[Image: goo_jpg-2868974.JPG]

She wrote books too and made big money off her lies  Smile

She needs to be made to donate 1023/1024ths of her profits to Indian Charities  Cool

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 12:59 AM)xuenchen Wrote: Yup. Tons of college degrees are useless.
Nursing degrees (BSN, APN, even RN etc) and Pharm degrees are Gold, just to name one field area.
I don't know what makes somebody's clock tick to just go for a stooge degree  Cool

Gold for whom? I have been in the medical field for over 50 years and I can assure you that the career  has gone downhill, not just in pay, but in status.

All the careers you listed have gone from autonomous, respectful positions to just pawns of a greedy, broken, and dangerous system.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - dbcowboy - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 01:09 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Gold for whom? I have been in the medical field for over 50 years and I can assure you that the career  has gone downhill, not just in pay, but in status.

All the careers you listed have gone from autonomous, respectful positions to just pawns of a greedy, broken, and dangerous system.

Wife is a nurse and I am/was a clinical engineer.

Big Grin

(07-01-2023, 01:14 AM)dbcowboy Wrote:

Big Grin

Do you or your wife find what I said untrue?

Not that long ago, back in the 1990s, I paid for a roof replacement and a resurfaced pool with just one month of overtime. Those same jobs, at the same prices would take me over two years.

During that time I was respected by the patient, their family, the community, and the doctors. Today, not only do I have to work harder, work longer, and take a bunch of crap from Admin, patients, families, and doctors, I am punished if I even try to make up for lack of patient care by working overtime, that I do off the clock.

Is it different where you are>

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - dbcowboy - 07-01-2023

(07-01-2023, 01:23 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 01:14 AM)dbcowboy Wrote:

Big Grin

Do you or your wife find what I said untrue?

Not that long ago, back in the 1990s, I paid for a roof replacement and a resurfaced pool with just one month of overtime. Those same jobs, at the same prices would take me over two years.

During that time I was respected by the patient, their family, the community, and the doctors. Today, not only do I have to work harder, work longer, and take a bunch of crap from Admin, patients, families, and doctors, I am punished if I even try to make up for lack of patient care by working overtime, that I do off the clock.

Is it different where you are>

Healthcare became ruined after Obamacare, and it's only gotten worse.

My wife hates being a nurse now.

I'm a regional director and it's no better in my position.

(07-01-2023, 01:37 AM)dbcowboy Wrote: Healthcare became ruined after Obamacare, and it's only gotten worse.

My wife hates being a nurse now.

I'm a regional director and it's no better in my position.

There is no way that I would recommend anyone become a nurse or a doctor.

I left when the hospital where I worked told me that, "The day of old nurse care is gone." "You adhere to the demands of those that pay."

And I put my resignation in less than 15 minutes later.