Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Hot Button Issues (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore (/showthread.php?tid=879)

Pages: 1 2

Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 06-29-2023

Looks like The Supreme Court finally has ruled that racism practiced by colleges for student admissions is illegal.

They've been doing it for decades based on a bad court ruling long ago.

Still some Justices saying racism for college admissions is OK !!!!!!!!!!! roflolz

Typical Democrat ass backwards has been ruled illegal.  Cool

Democrats are famous for screaming their lungs out about equality and at the same time placing people and groups into separate and unequal categories  Smile

Let's see if any lawsuits come now  Laughing

Main point is The Equal Protection Clause in the 14th Amendment (FINALLY)  Big Eyes

Quote:The Supreme Court ruled that the affirmative action admission policies of Harvard and the University of North Carolina, which gave weight to a would-be student’s race, are unconstitutional.

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.

Source

The Bananas are picked [Image: Bananas3.jpg]

[Image: boom00.gif]

Can anybody get some biased articles for good comparisons and spin of "opinions" ?  Cool

Makes people wonder how many people in high positions were wrongly "over educated" in the past?
Maybe that explains why so many incompetent and dumbbell managers, teachers, doctors, other "professionals" etc. exist  Cool

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - dbcowboy - 06-29-2023

Applications based on skin color are racist.

Applications based on merit are not.

Sure

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 06-29-2023

Here's a possible propaganda biased opinion (disguised as an article) .... MSNBC  Cool

Quote:The Supreme Court ( just gutted the use of affirmative action programs case pdf) in both private colleges and public universities, and it did so by once again ignoring its own decisions. 

Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but these Supreme Court decisions are another manifestation of how conservative this court is, and how little regard it has for precedent. As it did in the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court reversed itself. In 2003, the now-retired Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, writing for a majority of the court, concluded that the universities could consider race in its admissions decisions. That court explicitly recognized the government’s goal of creating a diverse student body. Those days are gone. 

In the Supreme Court’s new world order, achieving a racially diverse student body is no longer a compelling government interest.

Supreme Court strikes down affirmative action at Harvard and UNC

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-29-2023

Affirmative action is outdated and needs to go! And I say this as someone who years ago only worked in the refineries due to affirmative action because not only did they have to meet a certain quota of non-caucasians but they also had to hire a small percentage of women as well. Back then only a minimum of women were hired in that field, they preferred illegal aliens even to women. But those times have been over for a long time.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 06-29-2023

Rumors already of protest riots soon !!!  Cool

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-29-2023

Well everything in life always goes full circle.

Only those with money and clout will receive a real education. The most wealthy already have money, so an education is not necessary. They will receive their training in how to keep their power, and how to keep the average person ignorant of any real knowledge, and to make sure they keep the other crabs in the basket.

The cost of a University education these days will be far outside of the reach of the average graduate, but they will have enough graduating to fill the limited number of fast food jobs that will not be done by robots or AI.

We are back to the time where money talks and the rest of us will only talk when we are allowed to, and we will say and believe what we have been programmed and conditioned to say and believe.

You will own nothing, that is in the works as I post, and your happiness will be at their disposal.

I highly recommend that the average parent remove their child from the Squid Games, and teach them a skill that even the rich, wealthy, and powerful will kiss their behinds for.

I don't see them doing any kind of physical labor, and I think the Netflix movie "Hunger" does a fairly good job at showing the divide, and what they really want.

People starting to ask questions.
Like what are students that got skunked in the past doing today?
Chances are those would have been more "successful" if racists didn't run the schools?
Are they working less paying jobs now?
And HOW does all that help today's society?????  Cool

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Ninurta - 06-29-2023

I started university in 1993 and was already "the old man on campus", being better than a decade older than the other students there, oddly enough at UNCG - The University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I don't know if admissions strictly speaking, was impacted by race, but financial aid sure as hell was. There were 6 colleges and universities in the area, and two of them - UNCG and NC A&T were competing for my attendance. UNCG gave me a partial scholarship for being part Indian, and NC A&T made an offer of a full ride scholarship because I was "other than" Black - A&T was apparently trying to change it's image as "a historically Black university", and was actively recruiting other races.

Both of them were willing to admit me without SATs.

I probably should have taken the full ride at A&T, but they were known for their sports, and I just wasn't into sports, so I figured I'd be out of place there... so I went with UNCG. Besides that, my wife at the time was already a Masters student at UNCG, in Psychology, so it simplified the commute to school every day. A&T had a great agricultural program, which probably would have stood me in better stead, but I went for the Physics and Astronomy instead, then found out after getting out that there just wasn't that big of a call for physicists and astronomers.

I think "affirmative action" may have had a practical use at one time, long ago, even though I've always hated the idea of it, but those days are long gone, and it has no practical use in the modern world. "Reverse racism" is STILL racism. Affirmative action was meant to get folks used to the idea of hiring minorities rather than passing them up because of their skin color, but it was taken to extremes over time, and actually gave them preferential - and often undeserved - treatment also based on their skin color. One is just as wrong as the other. Both are discriminatory and racist.

I think this ruling reflects that truth, and, far from being a "reversal" as the Left is sure to se it, signals that the time has come to end racism in either direction, and allow free people to compete based upon their merits rather than accidents of their birth. Yes, accidents of their birth - it's not like any of us chose our skin color. It was just the luck of the draw, and based on nothing more than percentages and probabilities.

It also may be a sign, in combination with other recent rulings, that we have had just about enough of the Tyranny of the Proletariat that has been running roughshod over us for the past few decades.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Ninurta - 06-29-2023

Two quotes I've heard today regarding this SCOTUS anti-discrimination ruling that I entirely agree with:

"The best way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating."

"Preference for one is discrimination against the other."

ROFLOLz Biden total flip out mental case horribly dangerous Cool

ROFLOLz:

Quote:On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” President Joe Biden stated that he hopes members of the Supreme Court will react to repeated attacks on and questioning of the Supreme Court’s legitimacy by ruling differently and that he hopes Chief Justice John Roberts’ ruling earlier in the week in a case involving the powers of state legislatures was influenced by these attacks on the court’s legitimacy.

After stating that he doesn’t have an ideological litmus test for his judicial picks and doesn’t support packing the Supreme Court because doing so would politicize the court and may do so permanently, Biden said, “I think — look, I think, maybe it’s just the optimist in me, I think that some of the [justices] are beginning to realize their legitimacy is being questioned in ways it hadn’t been questioned in the past. And I think there’s a concern on some, maybe even the Chief Justice, that maybe, maybe we –.”

Host Nicolle Wallace then cut in to say, “Well, in the independent legislatures decision, it looks like maybe Roberts had that in mind.”

Biden: ‘I’m Hoping’ Attacks on Court Legitimacy Influence Their Rulings

ROFLOLz:

Quote:On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” President Joe Biden criticized the Supreme Court’s rulings in the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade and striking down racial preferences in college admissions and stated that the court is straying away from what “the Constitution says, we hold these truths to be self-evident, all men and women are created equal, endowed by their creator” and that ruling that there isn’t a right to privacy in the Constitution and states can make their own laws on abortion in Dobbs is “giving states power that we fought a war over in 1860.”

Biden: Race Preference Ruling Violates What ‘Constitution Says’ that All ‘Created Equal’ — Dobbs Gave States Power ‘We Fought a War over’

(BONUS):
Biden Awkwardly Walks Off MSNBC Set While He’s Still On Air

ROFLOLz: and the CPAP mask indentations are off his face today ROFLOLz

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Infolurker - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 10:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Two quotes I've heard today regarding this SCOTUS anti-discrimination ruling that I entirely agree with:

"The best way to stop discrimination is to stop discriminating."

"Preference for one is discrimination against the other."

It got really bad when they started discriminating against Asians (generally the most minority of the minorities).

Documents show discrimination against Asian American students

https://thehill.com/opinion/education/589870-the-parents-were-right-documents-show-discrimination-against-asian-american/

The Uncomfortable Truth About Affirmative Action and Asian-Americans

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-affirmative-action-and-asian-americans

Judge says Virginia school is 'racial balancing' at the expense of Asian Americans

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/12/1086266248/judge-says-virginia-school-is-racial-balancing-at-the-expense-of-asian-americans

I mean c'mon, if this was really for minorities you wouldn't discriminate against Asians.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 06-30-2023

If you dare...

Start listing famous people who took advantage of college "Affirmative Action" and willingly took part in screwing somebody else who had higher scores and qualifications.

1. Michelle Obama (at the time she was Michelle Robinson)
    Michelle had very low entrance scores 

[Image: O-ooh3.gif]

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Ninurta - 06-30-2023

(06-29-2023, 11:21 PM)xuenchen Wrote:
Quote:On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” President Joe Biden criticized the Supreme Court’s rulings in the Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade and striking down racial preferences in college admissions and stated that the court is straying away from what “the Constitution says, we hold these truths to be self-evident, all men and women are created equal, endowed by their creator” and that ruling that there isn’t a right to privacy in the Constitution and states can make their own laws on abortion in Dobbs is “giving states power that we fought a war over in 1860.”

Biden: Race Preference Ruling Violates What ‘Constitution Says’ that All ‘Created Equal’ — Dobbs Gave States Power ‘We Fought a War over’

(BONUS):
Biden Awkwardly Walks Off MSNBC Set While He’s Still On Air

That's just another example of BidenHarris' tragic dementia. either that, or an inability to read properly. The Constitution does not say, anywhere within it, what he states. Instead, he is trying to quote the second line of the Declaration of Independence, and he misquotes it even then.

The line actually reads:

Quote:"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" 

It doesn't mention women specifically, the implication being that women are human too, and therefore included in mankind and he left off the entire second half of the statement.

So, if he doesn't know what the Constitution actually says, what business does he have making comments - or decisions - related to constitutionality?

Furthermore, returning power to the States is not "giving"  them power, it's returning part of what power was stolen from them by an authoritarian and heavy-handed foreign government, taken by force after an invasion and annexation, in that same war he references. Originally, the government was structured, and the Constitution STILL says, they already had that power. So not only does he not know the Constitution, he does not know his history, either.

However, if he's just trying to declare war in a roundabout way, I'm ready to throw down whenever he is.

The C-PAP thing is a non-starter. Might as well make fun of Roosevelt's wheel chair. Folks do what folks gotta do to survive, and there ain't no stigma in that.

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - xuenchen - 06-30-2023

Wait till Democrats get a hold of this:

White Privilege from Slovenia no less!!!!!  Cool 

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Infolurker - 06-30-2023

So.... How long before they stack the Supreme Court?

When there are rulings they don't like, their answer is to break the rules and appoint more leftist judges.

(06-30-2023, 12:23 AM)Ninurta Wrote: The C-PAP thing is a non-starter. Might as well make fun of Roosevelt's wheel chair. Folks do what folks gotta do to survive, and there ain't no stigma in that.

The point wasn't the CPAP being used. 
The point was why did the PR people allow Biden to be in public view and photographed close-up with a marked-up indented face that makes him look like a bigger jack ass than normal?  Smile

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Snarl - 06-30-2023

I earned a Master's Degree in virology from Duke University in 1980. If you know how old I am, and do the math, that ought'a make you do a double-take. Didn't make me any smarter. I was so dumb I _enlisted_ in the Army and served a career that way. Of course, I have enjoyed life, so I'm not completely dumb.

(06-30-2023, 12:15 AM)xuenchen Wrote: **

If you dare...

Start listing famous people who took advantage of college "Affirmative Action" and willingly took part in screwing somebody else who had higher scores and qualifications.

1. Michelle Obama (at the time she was Michelle Robinson)
    Michelle had very low entrance scores 
2. Elizabeth 'Pocahontas' Warren

[Image: O-ooh3.gif]

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Ninurta - 06-30-2023

(06-29-2023, 11:21 PM)xuenchen Wrote:

Waitaminnit - the thought just struck me - I'm kinda slow - but yesterday the left was saying the Civil War was all about "Southern Racism", but all of a sudden today they've done an about-face and are now saying it was really about State's Rights, agreeing with the Confederate crowd?

Just when you thought the world could not get any weirder....

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - quintessentone - 06-30-2023

(06-29-2023, 02:29 PM)xuenchen Wrote: Looks like The Supreme Court finally has ruled that racism practiced by colleges for student admissions is illegal.

They've been doing it for decades based on a bad court ruling long ago.

Still some Justices saying racism for college admissions is OK !!!!!!!!!!! roflolz

Typical Democrat ass backwards has been ruled illegal.  Cool

Democrats are famous for screaming their lungs out about equality and at the same time placing people and groups into separate and unequal categories  Smile

Let's see if any lawsuits come now  Laughing

Main point is The Equal Protection Clause in the 14th Amendment (FINALLY)  Big Eyes

Quote:The Supreme Court ruled that the affirmative action admission policies of Harvard and the University of North Carolina, which gave weight to a would-be student’s race, are unconstitutional.

This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.

Source

The Bananas are picked [Image: Bananas3.jpg]

[Image: boom00.gif]

Can anybody get some biased articles for good comparisons and spin of "opinions" ?  Cool

Makes people wonder how many people in high positions were wrongly "over educated" in the past?
Maybe that explains why so many incompetent and dumbbell managers, teachers, doctors, other "professionals" etc. exist  Cool

Well those 'some' judges must see that many factions of society are still NOT race blind so why should the admissions department act as if they are race blind?

RE: Supreme Court says Colleges can't be Admissions Racists Anymore - Infolurker - 06-30-2023

Yukong Mike Zhao, president of the Asian American Coalition for Education, a nonprofit national alliance dedicated to exposing anti-Asian discrimination in the Ivy League, said the message he wants the protesters to understand is that “going forward, our Asian American children will not be treated as second-class citizens.”

High Court’s Ruling Against Racial Preferences Hailed by Asian Americans

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/06/29/asian-americans-celebrate-supreme-court-decision-affirmative-action/

Quote:Asian Americans gathered outside the Supreme Court on Thursday to celebrate the court’s landmark ruling against affirmative action in college admissions.

The decisions in Students for Fair Admissions Inc. v. President and Fellows of Harvard College and a companion case, Students for Fair Admissions Inc. v. University of North Carolina, held that race-based admissions at colleges are unconstitutional.

The UNC case was decided 6-to-3, while the Harvard ruling was 6-to-2, with Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson recusing herself because she had served on a board at Harvard. 

“What we saw displayed today was an attempt by special-interest groups to silence the brave voices of Asian American families and community members,” said Asra Nomani, co-founder of the Coalition for TJ,
 a group dedicated to fighting race-based discrimination at the highly regarded Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County, Virginia. “They didn’t succeed. We are grit personified. These are families that have fled persecution, injustice, inequality, and so much challenge. Just think that these immigrant families came with not one privilege in the United States of America. Most of these families came only with the clothes on their back, and we aren’t going to be silenced by anyone. And today’s victory reveals what persistence means.”

Eva Guo, a former board director of Students for Fair Admissions, the triumphant plaintiffs in the two cases, said that “it is not right to use affirmative action as a tool to abuse certain ethnic groups to favor others.”

Asian American students have taken the lead in championing the elimination of affirmative action in higher education since it has been shown to hurt their chances of admission.

Meanwhile Harvard plans to continue regardless of the Supreme Court decision using an Essay Loophole. 

Harvard University signals loophole for race-based admissions

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/education/harvard-signals-loophole-race-based-admissions-supreme-court