Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Glad to be Back! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: The Welcome Mat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Glad to be Back! (/showthread.php?tid=826)

Glad to be Back! - Schmoe - 06-20-2023

I've missed my fellow rogues!  

Thanks to @"NightskyeB4Dawn"#10 for taking it upon yourself to message BIAD for me.  I PM'd NightSkye at the other site asking if she got in, and I said I couldn't, and didn't know if they didn't like me, or if I was having a serious stupid moment.  Possibly both  Laughing

To explain my absence, you guys did the site change, and I went into house buyer's hell.  Trying to buy a house with a small mortgage amount (my wife doesn't work, but takes care of the kids and household) and an FHA loan, has been a nightmare, to say the least.

It looks like we finally got one though, and I can finally kiss America's armpit, Philly, goodbye.  We found a nice little farmhouse-style abode in a very small town and I'm extremely happy.  I was starting to get claustrophobic and angry in Philly.  People were rude and stupid beyond words.

I'm still a bit bummed.  We got outbid $4k on a BEAUTIFUL Victorian up the road from our pending house.  I feel like I'm cheating on my house, by still looking at pictures of that Victorian, with its original woodwork  Laughing

Anyway, it's good to be back again among my fellow rogues!

RE: Glad to be Back! - Snarl - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 09:47 PM)Schmoe Wrote: Anyway, it's good to be back again among my fellow rogues!

Damn glad to have ya!!

RE: Glad to be Back! - Infolurker - 06-20-2023

Welcome back  Smile

RE: Glad to be Back! - Schmoe - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 10:20 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 09:47 PM)Schmoe Wrote: Anyway, it's good to be back again among my fellow rogues!

Damn glad to have ya!!

Snarl!  Good to see you, I hope you've been well.  Are you still a moderator?  I had a question about a thread topic.  I know we're generally pretty lax here, but I don't know if the topic is acceptable.  It's about a very strong, very intense, short-lived psychedelic.  Yay or nay?

(06-20-2023, 11:21 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Welcome back  Smile

Thanks Infolurker!

RE: Glad to be Back! - Ninurta - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 11:24 PM)Schmoe Wrote:

Damn glad to have ya!!

Snarl!  Good to see you, I hope you've been well.  Are you still a moderator?  I had a question about a thread topic.  I know we're generally pretty lax here, but I don't know if the topic is acceptable.  It's about a very strong, very intense, short-lived psychedelic.  Yay or nay?

Thanks Infolurker!

Welcome home!

The topic is fine - we don't ban topics here. Anything is open for discussion. Folks get their assholes puckered into knots over the damndest things. The First Amendment rules - it's not what one says, it's how they say it that matters.

We still observe the old-fashioned US constitution, and woke Karens can kiss our collective ass. If they don't want to participate in the discussion, no one is twisting their arms to do so, and they can move on to another... but what they can't do is decree topics as undiscussable.

RE: Glad to be Back! - Schmoe - 06-21-2023

(06-20-2023, 11:40 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 11:24 PM)Schmoe Wrote:

Damn glad to have ya!!

Thanks Infolurker!

Welcome home!

The topic is fine - we don't ban topics here. Anything is open for discussion. Folks get their assholes puckered into knots over the damndest things. The First Amendment rules - it's not what one says, it's how they say it that matters.

We still observe the old-fashioned US constitution, and woke Karens can kiss our collective ass. If they don't want to participate in the discussion, no one is twisting their arms to do so, and they can move on to another... but what they can't do is decree topics as undiscussable.

Ninurta, so good to see you.  I agree completely with that stance.  The other side of that attitude pisses me off at ATS, where some knock others for thinking a certain way, or posting about a topic they couldn't care less about, and letting it be known.

It's so good to be back, I look forward to again reading your insightful posts  thumbsup2

Ok, I see I keep quoting EVERYONE when replying to somebody.  Can somebody explain to my 37 year old geriatric ass how I reply without quoting the entire thread?  I'm clicking the " under the response to reply.

RE: Glad to be Back! - Ninurta - 06-21-2023

(06-21-2023, 12:23 AM)Schmoe Wrote: Ninurta, so good to see you.  I agree completely with that stance.  The other side of that attitude pisses me off at ATS, where some knock others for thinking a certain way, or posting about a topic they couldn't care less about, and letting it be known.

It's so good to be back, I look forward to again reading your insightful posts  thumbsup2

Ok, I see I keep quoting EVERYONE when replying to somebody.  Can somebody explain to my 37 year old geriatric ass how I reply without quoting the entire thread?  I'm clicking the " under the response to reply.

In the "reply" window, you just highlight the posts, or parts of posts, that you don't want to quote, and then delete it. I do that just by hitting "backspace" after I've highlighted what I want to delete from a reply.

RE: Glad to be Back! - Kenzo - 06-21-2023

Hey Schmoe Cool  Welcome

RE: Glad to be Back! - BIAD - 06-22-2023

A belated welcome!

I genuinely assumed you would've come across from the old site and seven months ago,
there was even a banner saying so!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=912]

RE: Glad to be Back! - quintessentone - 06-22-2023

(06-20-2023, 09:47 PM)Schmoe Wrote: I've missed my fellow rogues!  

Thanks to @"NightskyeB4Dawn"#10 for taking it upon yourself to message BIAD for me.  I PM'd NightSkye at the other site asking if she got in, and I said I couldn't, and didn't know if they didn't like me, or if I was having a serious stupid moment.  Possibly both  Laughing

To explain my absence, you guys did the site change, and I went into house buyer's hell.  Trying to buy a house with a small mortgage amount (my wife doesn't work, but takes care of the kids and household) and an FHA loan, has been a nightmare, to say the least.

It looks like we finally got one though, and I can finally kiss America's armpit, Philly, goodbye.  We found a nice little farmhouse-style abode in a very small town and I'm extremely happy.  I was starting to get claustrophobic and angry in Philly.  People were rude and stupid beyond words.

I'm still a bit bummed.  We got outbid $4k on a BEAUTIFUL Victorian up the road from our pending house.  I feel like I'm cheating on my house, by still looking at pictures of that Victorian, with its original woodwork  Laughing

Hi, I'm new here but what you can do it build up equity in that house and if the Victorian comes up for sale again go for it, but this time bid higher. That's how the house buying game is played now.

RE: Glad to be Back! - Schmoe - 06-22-2023

(06-21-2023, 03:02 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Hey Schmoe Cool  Welcome

Kenzo, good to see you!

(06-22-2023, 08:18 PM)BIAD Wrote: A belated welcome!

I genuinely assumed you would've come across from the old site and seven months ago,
there was even a banner saying so!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=912]

Wow, it's really been 7 months??  Time really is relative.  It's felt like a few months at most.  So not only does BIAD make awesome banners and avatars, BIAD can also predict the future!

(06-22-2023, 10:26 PM)quintessentone Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 09:47 PM)Schmoe Wrote: I've missed my fellow rogues!  

Hi, I'm new here but what you can do it build up equity in that house and if the Victorian comes up for sale again go for it, but this time bid higher. That's how the house buying game is played now.

Welcome!  This place is great, it's like having an online family.

I hope that house come along again, I'm a sucker for those old Victorians.  Here it is, if you or anybody else is interested.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/324-W-State-St-Hamburg-PA-19526/2133309222_zpid/