Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Wangari Maathai & Biological Warfare - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Wangari Maathai & Biological Warfare (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Wangari Maathai & Biological Warfare - EndtheMadnessNow - 06-17-2023

Anyone remember Wangari Maathai? Me neither. She was the first African Nobel Peace Prize winner, first woman PhD out of east/central Africa, an outspoken voice against neocapital-colonialism, intellectual and activist, also happened to have choice words regarding a certain immune compromising virus:

Quote:HIV ‘Created by Scientist’ for Biological Warfare, Nobel Peace Prize Winner Says

Kenyan ecologist Wangari Maathai -- who on Friday became the first African woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize -- on Saturday repeated her previous claims that HIV was "created by a scientist for biological warfare," AFP/Yahoo! News reports. In August, Kenya's East African Standard quoted Maathai as saying that HIV/AIDS was created by scientists "for the purpose of mass extermination," according to AFP/Yahoo! News. "We know that the developed nations are using biological warfare, leaving guns to primitive people. They have the resources to do this," the Standard quoted Maathai as saying during a workshop on Aug. 30 in the central Kenyan town of Nyeri, according to AFP/Yahoo! News. "AIDS is not a curse from God to Africans or the black people. It is a tool to control them designed by some evil-minded scientists, but we may not know who particularly did," she added, according to the Standard, AFP/Yahoo! News reports (AFP/Yahoo! News, 10/9) Saturday, Maathai repeated her belief that HIV was deliberately "devised to destroy black people," according to Reuters. She added that her comments published in the Standard were "intended to promote an inquiring attitude" toward HIV/AIDS among Africans and "combat the fatalistic notion that it was a curse from God," Reuters reports. "Would you solve the problem if you believed it was a curse from God?" Maathai asked, adding that she was "encouraging people to ask questions." Although Maathai said she never indicated that a specific region or nation was responsible for creating HIV/AIDS, she is "suspicious" about the "secrecy surrounding the origin of the virus," according to Reuters. "Some people say it came from the monkeys, and I doubt it. ... But I say it cannot be that only black people are cursed because we are dying more than any other people on this planet, and that's a fact" (Kanina, Reuters, 10/9).

Reaction

Although the United States "congratulated" Maathai on Friday for winning the Nobel Prize, officials also "tempered [their] praise" about her claims that HIV/AIDS was created as a biological weapon, according to South Africa's Star. "She's had many long years of environmental activism," Department of State spokesperson Richard Boucher said, adding, "We're delighted to see that she's the first African woman to have been selected for this unique honor." However, an unnamed State Department senior official said that the department "vehemently" objected to Maathai's comments concerning the origin of HIV, the Star reports. "She said HIV/AIDS was invented as a bioweapon in some laboratory in the West," the official said, adding, "We don't agree with that" (Star, 10/9). Maathai -- Kenya's assistant minister of the environment and founder of the country's Green Belt movement that aims to promote biodiversity and gender equity -- was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for standing at the "front of the fight to promote ecologically viable social, economic and cultural development in Kenya and in Africa," according to AFP/Yahoo! News (AFP/Yahoo! News, 10/9).

Morning Briefing (Oct 12,2004)

[Image: mU7WMKr.jpg]

Wangarĩ Maathai died on 25 September 2011 of complications arising from ovarian cancer while receiving treatment at a Nairobi hospital.

Quote:Maathai and her husband, Mwangi Mathai, separated in 1977. After a lengthy separation, Mwangi filed for divorce in 1979. He was said to have believed that Wangari was "too strong-minded for a woman" and that he was "unable to control her". In addition to naming her as "cruel" in court filings, he publicly accused her of adultery with another Member of Parliament, which in turn was thought to cause his high blood pressure and the judge ruled in Mwangi's favour. Shortly after the trial, in an interview with Viva magazine, Maathai referred to the judge as either incompetent or corrupt. The interview later led the judge to charge Maathai with contempt of court. She was found guilty and sentenced to six months in jail. After three days in Lang'ata Women's Prison in Nairobi, her lawyer formulated a statement that the court found sufficient for her release. Shortly after the divorce, her former husband sent a letter via his lawyer demanding that Maathai drop his surname. She chose to add an extra "a" instead of changing her name.
Wiki

[Image: gsNlrft.jpg]

RE: Wangari Maathai & Biological Warfare - Kenzo - 06-17-2023

HIV virus does not cause AIDS , fun litle detail . So what is the biological warfare then ?

ological Warfare

RE: Wangari Maathai & Biological Warfare - xuenchen - 06-17-2023

(06-17-2023, 06:26 PM)Kenzo Wrote: HIV virus does not cause AIDS , fun litle detail . So what is the biological warfare then ?

ological Warfare

Perhaps the original "effort" was a minor failure?  Cool

Something modified like COVID is  Cool

RE: Wangari Maathai & Biological Warfare - Michigan Swamp Buck - 06-18-2023

Way back in 1978 or 79, a friend showed me a newspaper article in the Detroit News or Free Press (they weren't combined back then). It was the science section front page with the title, "Killer Cell" and a drawing of a virus (like used during the pandemic). The article described a recently developed biological weapon that attacked the human immune system allowing opportunistic diseases to take over. It said that it attacked the "killer T-Cell" hence the title.

I doubt that article exists now unless someone had the forethought to save it as a few years later AIDS showed up in IV drug users and homosexuals. Searching microfilm is probably a bust and would require a search of the warm weather months during 78 and 79. I suspect this article was entirely scrubbed back in the 80s.

It may be possible that an image of that article exists and that a search could bring it up, but it costs money for membership to scour the data bases at the Detroit library and the online newspaper archives. I'd recognize an image of that page if I saw it. I tried it just now, maybe I can bring it up and get a copy, it would take awhile though.