Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Sin And A Shame - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Pets Place (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: Sin And A Shame (/showthread.php?tid=784)

Sin And A Shame - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-12-2023

I just saw the darnedest thing.

Sylvester and Enoch have a cat tree. Sylvester always hangs around and sleeps at the top. Enoch never showed an interest in the top perch. He preferred the cubbyhole in the center, or my bed.
Tonight, Sylvester had gone up to the perch to sleep like he does on the nights they decide to be in the house. They want to be in the house at night when if it is storming, otherwise they prefer to be outside on the porch.

Enoch for some reason decided he wanted to sleep on the top perch. Enoch is alpha of the whole pack, even of the Huskies. So he goes up to the top, but Sylvester doesn't move. So he makes himself taller than Sylvester and they both look at me. I just give them the "look".

They know I do not allow aggressive possession, not even with food. So Enoch starts licking Sylvester on the head. Now all the while looking at me. Sylvester starts to get annoyed, so the tail starts whipping about. I moved to a seat closer. Still I say nothing. Just making sure they get a good view of the "look". Now Sylvester starts licking Enoch about the head.

Enoch grabs Sylvester's head. Looks like he had him in a head lock, and he keeps licking his face. Now after a good ten minutes of this, Sylvester gives in, and gives up the perch. He goes to sleep on the ledge in the music room. It is higher anyway.

I swear those two are a complete mess. They know darn well when they are doing something they have no business, that is why they look at me to make sure I am not looking. Then play innocent if I am looking.

I swear they are worse than children.

RE: Sin And A Shame - Chiefsmom - 06-12-2023

Funny how much "personality" they have, if you just observe them closely.
Yesterday, hubby told me to look out the back door, as the barn cat Lester was coming back from across the road, with something big in his mouth.  So, I stepped out the back door and waited for him to come around the garage.  He walked halfway to the barn, then turned around and just stared at me for a minute.  Then turned around and kept walking to the barn.
Pretty sure it was a rat.

The way he looked at me, was like "see mom?  NOT a baby bunny, so is it ok?"  And I didn't say a word, so he kept going.

We had an incident a few years ago, where he brought a baby bunny in the barn.  I happened to be doing chores, and started yelling at him and pushing him away, and shoving the baby under a pallet.  He was mad, even growled at me.
He has never done it again.  
Mice, chipmunks and even a couple moles, but no bunnies.

(I know he is still eating them, as I have found the fur in the yard.  But not in the barn, and not when I am around.)

RE: Sin And A Shame - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 05:58 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Funny how much "personality" they have, if you just observe them closely.
Yesterday, hubby told me to look out the back door, as the barn cat Lester was coming back from across the road, with something big in his mouth.  So, I stepped out the back door and waited for him to come around the garage.  He walked halfway to the barn, then turned around and just stared at me for a minute.  Then turned around and kept walking to the barn.
Pretty sure it was a rat.

The way he looked at me, was like "see mom?  NOT a baby bunny, so is it ok?"  And I didn't say a word, so he kept going.

We had an incident a few years ago, where he brought a baby bunny in the barn.  I happened to be doing chores, and started yelling at him and pushing him away, and shoving the baby under a pallet.  He was mad, even growled at me.
He has never done it again.  
Mice, chipmunks and even a couple moles, but no bunnies.

(I know he is still eating them, as I have found the fur in the yard.  But not in the barn, and not when I am around.)

They know when they have done something wrong. They will act all innocent and loving.

I have also found hidden evidence of their crime, and you can tell right away which one was the culprit, because they will rat each other out without realizing it.

Or may they do realize it.

RE: Sin And A Shame - Chiefsmom - 06-12-2023

[quote pid="6416" dateline="1686597777"]
They know when they have done something wrong. They will act all innocent and loving.

I have also found hidden evidence of their crime, and you can tell right away which one was the culprit, because they will rat each other out without realizing it.

Or may they do realize it.

[/quote]

Absolutely.  We always know when the boxer has taken something off the counter, because the Aussie mix is hiding.  He doesn't want to get blamed and yelled at.  Abby, the boxer, could care less, and will do it again, even the same day, if she has the opportunity.  Gotta give her some credit though.  She has taken countless pyrex dishes off the counter and has never so much as cracked one.  She is very careful.  Even when removing the lid!

(06-12-2023, 08:09 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Absolutely.  We always know when the boxer has taken something off the counter, because the Aussie mix is hiding.  He doesn't want to get blamed and yelled at.  Abby, the boxer, could care less, and will do it again, even the same day, if she has the opportunity.  Gotta give her some credit though.  She has taken countless pyrex dishes off the counter and has never so much as cracked one.  She is very careful.  Even when removing the lid!

She sounds rebellious like Tamar.

Maxx is the least likely to get caught. He is crazy patient, lazy, and gives you a lot of lip. He has to have the last word.

Bellah and Goliath have zero patience. Goliath has a lot of mouth like his Dad. Bellah is the Mom, she hardly ever fusses back unless the others are all in the mix. And they are both sneaky, but get caught almost every time.

Tamar is in your face defiant. She is the personality clone of Togo, the Husky in the movie “Togo”, and is the true spawn of Satan. When William Defoe called Togo that in the movie, mother and I looked at each other and burst out laughing, because I called Tamar the daughter of Satan.

Yet she is best with recall, is the smallest and the strongest, and will walk beside me step by step.

Enoch is pigheaded, needy when he chooses, defiant, and likes being a house cat.

Sylvester is needy all the time. Prefers being outside. Crazy obedient. Loves tormenting anything that moves. 

Enoch and Sylvester are house/porch cats that think they are Huskies and the Huskies go along with it. I am not sure if the Huskies know the difference.

Sylvester and Goliath are the critter catchers. Both are like greased lightning. And Goliath is the biggest of the pack. 

Tamar doesn’t give a damn. 
Maxx is lazy. 
Bellah just wants to play all the time. 
Goliath wants to work.
Enoch is bossy, loud, and demanding.
Sylvester wants to work.

Two out six ain’t too bad.

RE: Sin And A Shame - A51Watcher2 - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 09:11 PM)A51Watcher2 Wrote:

It broke Harley"s heart to rat our his sister.

Not.

Love it

Snitches get stitches.

RE: Sin And A Shame - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-30-2023

My crits are always surprising me.

Just now, just one second ago, Goliath opened his crate door. Now that is no surprise. They all can open their doors except for Tamar. She has a double lock. She can open one lock but so far she can't do both.

So what does her Brother do?

Goes over to her crate and attempts to open the slide lock. Once the slid lock is off she can then pick the door up with her nose and push on it and the crate is open.

Now how in the Hell did they figure that out?

Whomever said "Damn dumb animals, surely have spent no time around them.