Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Just a test thread - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Forum: TEST AREA (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Just a test thread (/showthread.php?tid=7)

Just a test thread - Sol - 10-15-2022

TEST

RE: Just a test thread - Senona - 10-18-2022

Had issue inserting images on other site, so trying it out here to either eliminate my computer or the site

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8]

Hey Marc, there seems to be a difference between adding pics here and the other site

On this one, it allows me to upload it and then asks to insert the image --- on RN3 it does not say anything about inserting in post, but instead gives me an error message

RE: Just a test thread - Senona - 10-18-2022

Well, I'll go ahead and post the other 2 images that I was going to put in my post to Ninurta...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10]

RE: Just a test thread - Gordi - 10-18-2022

(10-18-2022, 04:14 AM)Senona Wrote: Well, I'll go ahead and post the other 2 images that I was going to put in my post to Ninurta.....

That seemed to work well Susan.

I'm going to try uploading images too...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12]

ooooh.... I think it's working!!!!

Now.... does that mean that the image upload issue on RN3 IS to do with the attachment types php file?
If so... would "restoring" an old RN3 database backup file (from before the attack/corruption) HERE to RN work?
And would that enable us to get (and copy) a "good" version of the attachment types php file which could then be transferred back to RN3?
or would that either not work, or just bugger things up worse?

G

PS - Going to try uploading image files a different way to see if that works here...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13]

EXCELLENT!!! This is very promising!!

RE: Just a test thread - Sol - 10-18-2022

(10-18-2022, 06:35 AM)Gordi Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 04:14 AM)Senona Wrote: Well, I'll go ahead and post the other 2 images that I was going to put in my post to Ninurta.....

That seemed to work well Susan.

I'm going to try uploading images too...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12]

ooooh.... I think it's working!!!!

Now.... does that mean that the image upload issue on RN3 IS to do with the attachment types php file?
If so... would "restoring" an old RN3 database backup file (from before the attack/corruption) HERE to RN work?
And would that enable us to get (and copy) a "good" version of the attachment types php file which could then be transferred back to RN3?
or would that either not work, or just bugger things up worse?

G

PS - Going to try uploading image files a different way to see if that works here...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13]

EXCELLENT!!! This is very promising!!

Good questions but it's not something I would touch at this moment. Right now, I just want to start installing the plugins that members are used to and like. If it doesn't affect the stability, then we'll start altering and reuploading files. I wouldn't touch the CSS codes at this moment.
Keep a note of this though. If all needed plugins behave well like this one does right now, we'll be in the CSS codes very, very soon!!
Smile

RE: Just a test thread - BIAD - 10-18-2022

Not to be left out!

[Image: t25txS.jpg]

RE: Just a test thread - Sol - 10-18-2022

(10-18-2022, 04:06 PM)BIAD Wrote: Not to be left out!

[Image: t25txS.jpg]

You’re not left out at all ! I heard rumours that BIAD would be pole dancing at the halloween party!!

:angel:

RE: Just a test thread - BIAD - 10-18-2022

(10-18-2022, 05:43 PM)Sol Wrote: You’re not left out at all ! I heard rumours that BIAD would be pole dancing at the halloween party!!

:angel:

I've asked him and he's agreed to bring his own pole and thong.
Sad

RE: Just a test thread - Ninurta - 10-18-2022

I was going to go into the backups I have stored here to see what's in the zipped files, and discovered that there is a new program installed on my computer that I never authorized, something called "Express Zip". I'm not a happy camper, and I want to know who, why, and how that got there. So I'll be on a sidetrack for a bit.
I can say, however, that the most usual "backups", which are at about 53 MB zipped now, are just backups of the SQL database. They unzip to about 250 MB, and contain a single file, an SQL file. To get a replacement for the "attachment_types" file, we'd have to go into one of the old full-site backups from 2016, because the new one I have was backed up after the site was already corrupted.

Thanks for the tutorial images, #"Senona". I think what I'll have to do is just put on my fishing hip-waders and stride forward. I didn't realize how tightly I had come to depend on the "new replies" section to quickly find where the action was going on.

How odd.
There is - or was - an alleged backup file that was supposedly a gzip file, but it was not.. It was a text file with a .gz file extension. It is tiny, about 1k, and would not unzip because it wasn't a zip archive. So I opened it in a test editor, and presto! Just a file of code text.

it contains the following code:

Quote:-- MyBB Database Backup
-- Generated: 07th March 2021 at 03:17
-- -------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE `mybbk5_adminlog` (
  `uid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `ipaddress` varbinary(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `dateline` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `module` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `action` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `data` text NOT NULL,
  KEY `module` (`module`,`action`),
  KEY `uid` (`uid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

An interesting subset of data to export to it's own table file - Just the User ID,s, their IP addresses, and unspecified "data".
Why would a text file claim to be a zipped file unless it was trying to hide?

RE: Just a test thread - Gordi - 10-19-2022

Testing Image uploads.

From an externally loaded image file url, displayed on RN3 by BIAD:
[Image: tI7x4a.jpg]

From an image file uploaded as attachment to here then inserted into post:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=15]

From an image file Dragged & Dropped into "Click or Drop Files here..." window below "Post a New Reply" window:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16]

G

RE: Just a test thread - BIAD - 10-19-2022

(10-18-2022, 10:35 PM)Ninurta Wrote: How odd.
There is - or was - an alleged backup file that was supposedly a gzip file, but it was not.. It was a text file with a .gz file extension. It is tiny, about 1k, and would not unzip because it wasn't a zip archive. So I opened it in a test editor, and presto! Just a file of code text.

`data` text NOT NULL,
  KEY `uid` (`uid`)

An interesting subset of data to export to it's own table file - Just the User ID,s, their IP addresses, and unspecified "data".

That's a good question and I wonder if '3:17' as the time it was generated is relevant?
I have no idea what it means (ignorance of coding), but could you offer a suggestion?

RE: Just a test thread - Ninurta - 10-22-2022

(10-19-2022, 07:18 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 10:35 PM)Ninurta Wrote: How odd.

`data` text NOT NULL,
  KEY `uid` (`uid`)

That's a good question and I wonder if '3:17' as the time it was generated is relevant?
I have no idea what it means (ignorance of coding), but could you offer a suggestion?

"03:17" is 3:17 in the morning, but I don't know which time zone it would be in - whether the zone for the local server where the file was generated, UTC, or some other time zone - for example, the time zone of whomever generated the file.

RE: Just a test thread - Freija - 10-24-2022

(10-23-2022, 03:37 AM)NinTestSock Wrote: Sock puppet test to see what registered users see.

They see a lonely sock that needs some friends so I invited some for you.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24]

Interesting...
I started a new reply, uploaded a picture, previewed then grabbed the URL of the picture.

Then I decided to make this post as a reply instead of a new one so I backed all the way out and hit the reply button to begin again.

The URL of the picture from the post that I didn't actually post still works so I may have just figured out how to upload a picture and show it in a post without having thumbnails show at the bottom? Hmmm?

2) Preview post
3)  Right click thumbnail to open link in new tab to copy full URL
4) Abandon the post without actually posting and start over
5) Insert copied URL into new post with the -img- tag

<ETA>
This might not actually work if the first post with the thumbnail isn't committed? Further testing in progress

RE: Just a test thread - VioletDove - 10-24-2022

I never could get screenshots to be post before so I thought I’d give it a try with this Halloween pic from a few years ago. 

Let’s see if it works…..

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26]