Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Board colours - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: The Suggestion Box (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Board colours (/showthread.php?tid=686)

Board colours - Kenzo - 05-28-2023

It`s bit difficult to identify what exactly is wrong , or feels wrong Funny with the board , i just feel it could have more clarity...to make reading more enjoyable experience .

And if everyone else feels that it`s all good now as it is, then just ignore my request .

It`s maybe too dark ? 

I dont like too white either, so all white is not what i want  rolleyes2

Sorry....i dont know what i want Wink

RE: Board colours - Bally002 - 05-28-2023

(05-28-2023, 08:36 AM)Kenzo Wrote: It`s bit difficult to identify what exactly is wrong , or feels wrong Funny with the board , i just feel it could have more clarity...to make reading more enjoyable experience .

And if everyone else feels that it`s all good now as it is, then just ignore my request .

It`s maybe too dark ? 

Crikey mate!  Kinda like our saying here, "YeahNah"

But if you are unsure you can put that word into a sentence.  

Like (In a slow droll sort of way)

"Yeah,,,NahYeah,,,Nah,,,yeahnah..Nah.

Hope that helps,

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: Board colours - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-28-2023

(05-28-2023, 08:36 AM)Kenzo Wrote: It`s bit difficult to identify what exactly is wrong , or feels wrong Funny with the board , i just feel it could have more clarity...to make reading more enjoyable experience .

It`s maybe too dark ? 

Sorry....i dont know what i wantWink

[Image: QbKmJaE.gif]

Just a suggestion, but have you tried changing font color?

RE: Board colours - BoredPandalorian - 05-29-2023

It`s maybe too dark ? 

It does feel a bit like those foam display boards where you slap on a bunch of copy paste summaries and infographs with elmers glue and then stand in front of class reading it word for word

RE: Board colours - Ninurta - 05-29-2023

We had quite the go-round when setting the boards up initially, but this is the theme we finally settled on. It was the one that worked best across multiple devices.

RE: Board colours - loam - 05-29-2023

As a newbie, the only issue I had was realizing where a post ends or begins. Kept clicking on the wrong quote icon.

But I love your site colors.

I do wish your avatars were longer, tho.

RE: Board colours - Kenzo - 05-29-2023

(05-28-2023, 11:44 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:

It`s maybe too dark ? 

Sorry....i dont know what i wantWink

[Image: QbKmJaE.gif]

Just a suggestion, but have you tried changing font color?

No not  tryed,  that would effectl all websites , with firefox browser i use . I somehow would not want to change the default browser font colours since RN is the only site that has slight issue for me.

I try zooming it litle bit larger , it helps too .

(05-29-2023, 02:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote: We had quite the go-round when setting the boards up initially, but this is the theme we finally settled on. It was the one that worked best across multiple devices.

I have more clarity when viewing your text in this reply/quote box than in your original message hmm Funny

I was wondering, has the text too much gray colour ?  if it would be litle bit more white and also 1 or 2 step larger ...

Maybe it`s just my eyes Huh 

I may try change my monitor settings also.

RE: Board colours - Freija - 05-30-2023

(05-29-2023, 02:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote: We had quite the go-round when setting the boards up initially, but this is the theme we finally settled on. It was the one that worked best across multiple devices.

(05-29-2023, 04:36 AM)loam Wrote: I do wish your avatars were longer, tho.

In the transition from the retired RN3 site before this joint went live, I was trying to assist in developing a theme on a test site that was a mix of the old and the new but there were just too many small problems to track down and time was of the essence as features on the old site weren't working so I gave up

I wasn't a fan of this site at first but I've learned to live with it and adapt but the  change to the little round avatars was one of my biggest complaints. In my test combo new and old theme, I did get full size avatars working but it caused problems elsewhere that were buried too deep in the code to sus out.

In the end, hundreds of man hours were put into getting this iteration of Rogue Nation up and running and to those who spent sleepless days and nights busting ass, you have my gratitude.

If I could have made it work, we would once again have avatars like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=784]

RE: Board colours - Ninurta - 05-31-2023

(05-30-2023, 07:11 PM)Freija Wrote:

(05-29-2023, 04:36 AM)loam Wrote: I do wish your avatars were longer, tho.

In the transition from the retired RN3 site before this joint went live, I was trying to assist in developing a theme on a test site that was a mix of the old and the new but there were just too many small problems to track down and time was of the essence as features on the old site weren't working so I gave up

I wasn't a fan of this site at first but I've learned to live with it and adapt but the  change to the little round avatars was one of my biggest complaints. In my test combo new and old theme, I did get full size avatars working but it caused problems elsewhere that were buried too deep in the code to sus out.

In the end, hundreds of man hours were put into getting this iteration of Rogue Nation up and running and to those who spent sleepless days and nights busting ass, you have my gratitude.

If I could have made it work, we would once again have avatars like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=784]

Yep. As I recall, the larger avatars were entirely mucking up the page formatting on smaller devices, like cell phones and tablets.