Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! (/showthread.php?tid=68)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 11-21-2023

(11-04-2023, 01:43 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I learned something new. 

Gimp. 

Never heard of that one. Very interesting.   Shocked

Realising that those who partake in such a strange pastime are simply failing to get their message
out to a wider world, The Daily Star have 'leaned in' further to assist its readers in understanding
the habit of donning a bin-liner.

We here at Rogue Nation are always on the cutting-edge of important information and so, we refuse
to ignore such a situation that other mediums may find uncomfortable. We don't want plaudits and
we don't need the MSM to strive to our levels, we just want the truth of everyday realities that many
have to deal with to be revealed.
Huh
So grab your ball-gags and straighten those eye-holes... we're going in, as we present the unusual
circumstances of rubber-rivalry and the rarely-seen principles that the Gimp World endeavours to
meet.
Shocked

Quote:'Gimp Man of Essex' says lunatic Somerset Gimp 'gives whole gimp community a bad rep'

The self-professed 'Gimp Man of Essex' says a latex-clad man who has terrorised people
in Somerset is '100% wrong' and 'asking for trouble' after a number of disturbing encounters

'A man dubbed the 'Gimp Man of Essex' has slammed a latex-clad wrongun who has terrorised villages
across Somerset in recent years. The Gimp Man of Essex is a local celebrity in Colchester, where he can
sometimes be spotted doing his weekly shop in Tesco while dressed head to toe in black latex.

Going by @GimpManofEssex on social media, he shares footage of his outings and poses for pictures
with stunned onlookers. He also looks to use his fetish for good and often organises fundraisers. There is
currently a JustGiving link in his TikTok bio where people can donate to Mind, a mental health charity.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1601]
The Good.

At the time of writing (Thursday, November 17) that fundraiser has received over £750. In total he has raised
over £3,500, according to The I. However, he isn't the only so-called Gimp Man to have cropped up in the UK
as of late. And not all of them are acting as saintly as he is.

Police recently announced they were investigating up to 20 reported sightings of gimps in villages between
Bristol and Weston-super-Mare since 2018. In 2019, one victim managed to snap a picture of a man dressed
in an all-black latex suit with a full-face mask while a woman saw a similarly-dressed man touching his groin
in the street. Victims have said they were left "absolutely terrified" after bumping into a gimp man in the early
hours.

On October 27 this year, Alex Warren, 19, and a pal stumbled on a gimp squirming and speaking in tongues on
a patch of grass in the village of Cleeve. A police helicopter and squad car were scrambled resulting in a man’s
arrest. The suspect was released on bail on condition that he does not leave his home between 9pm and 6am
while officers probe if all the attacks were carried out by a lone gimp or a gang.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1602]
The Bad.

For the Gimp Man of Essex, what his Somerset counterpart has done is "100% wrong".
He told The I: "This guy has undone everything the gimp community is trying to do. It gives us all a bad rep.
"Jumping out on women, however you’re dressed, isn’t right. There are innocent guys like me who go out on
walks in their gimp suits. This guy is hiding around in the dark at night and scaring people lifeless.
That’s different.

"I wouldn’t be surprised if alcohol or drugs were involved. They are asking for trouble terrorising people like
that late at night."...'
Archived Daily Star Article:

(Extra intrigue!)

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 12-09-2023

As I and @"NightskyeB4Dawn"#10 continue our learning of the Gimp industry, it now seems
'Gimping' in the traditional English sense is not enough in Poland. However, I believe we can
cede that maybe the cooler climes demands that difference.

Huh

Quote:VILLAIN’S THREAT Terrifying moment mystery figure in gas mask walks into a kids
play centre and makes chilling gesture to ‘stay quiet’

The individual also terrorised customers in a supermarket, a cafe, and a tanning salon

'Kids were left terrified after a creepy figure in a gas mask walked into a play centre and told them
to "stay quiet." The freaky moment was captured on CCTV in Zabki, a town in central Poland just
northeast of Warsaw.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1688]
Santa is so passé in Zabki.

Looking like something from a horror film, the individual was wearing a long coat that made them
look even more unsettling. Believed to be a man, the masked figure walked into the building, fixed
his gaze on the kids, and strolled out moments later.

Worker Milena Wojtyna recalled: “He entered our playroom. It was 4pm. “He was there for about 30
seconds. He didn’t move and stared at the children. “Then he gestured in my direction to be quiet.
After that, he left our room. “I didn’t know what his intentions were and what he wanted to do.
“The man was masked and had gloves.”

According to Milena, he also went into a supermarket, a cafe, and even a tanning salon to spook locals.
She continued: “His behaviour was very unsettling. “In the supermarket, he tried to grab a young boy’s
hand. The child was terrified.” Another local told how the man had stalked him inside a store.

Police were called to stop the scary figure, but he fled before officers turned up.
Monika Kaczynska of the Wolomin County Police told local media: “We have determined that we are
dealing with a 13-year-old. “Since this is a minor, the documents gathered in this case will be handed
over to the Family Court.”

In October, a five-year-old boy was stabbed to death by an elderly knifeman in Poland.
The youngster was on a trip with other preschoolers in the city of Poznan when he was attacked in
the street. The children were walking in the Lazarz neighbourhood when they were ambushed by
the man...'
The Sun:

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 12-11-2023

In days of yore as the darker times held sway over the northern hemisphere, communities often
gathered together to celebrate their harvests of year and give thanks to those they believed allowed
them to survive. A feeling of goodwil existed as their world awaited the return of the sun and we at
Rogue Nation are proud to announce that age-old charity is still with us.
Surprised

Quote:TIS THE SEA-SON People smugglers offering illegal migrants festive discounts on
Channel crossings

The adverts come amid a brewing Tory civil war over the ailing Rwanda scheme

[Image: 2b28412d-2cb7-4a57-9f34-aa47afc9a271.jpg?w=620]
Oh, the celebration of Christmas.

'Gangs are offering illegal migrants festive discounts on Channel crossings. Ads for people smugglers’
cut-price deals have appeared on social media. One Albanian advert on TikTok boasts of a “100 per
cent success rate” for entry into the UK. Another account advertised journeys that normally cost £8,000
per person for £5,000 over Christmas.

[Image: GYI1635553006jpg-JS839863403jpg-JS840801570.jpg?w=670]
Looking forward to something better than a manger.

Meanwhile on Instagram, a page offered a space on a lorry at a “sale price” for a December 20 trip.
Another post read: “One person, £6,000. Two people, £5,000 each.” One ad even offers to smuggle
people in by plane for £14,000 per person.

It comes after MPs warned gangs will use the Tory civil war over immigration as part of their marketing
campaigns. Last week Rishi Sunak faced the first parliamentary hurdle for his emergency Bill to rescue
the ailing Rwanda scheme. It was dealt a blow as the Minister in charge of it, Robert Jenrick, resigned
and said it will not work...'
The Sun:

Don't you feel proud?

Sure

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-11-2023

(11-04-2023, 01:43 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I learned something new. 

Gimp. 

Never heard of that one. Very interesting.   Shocked

[Image: QjbXdzW.jpg]
Urban Dictionary

Back in my Navy days this was a very common term used to identify a shipmate who got injured and therefore temporarily not able to perform all his duties and would be put on "Gimp" (relaxed) duty. Those that were discovered to be faking an injury would suffer EXTREME punishment by his shipmates.

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 02-02-2024

You can keep your fancy-pants computers, the sky's the limit with the latest espionage tech.
Huh

Quote:NO TIME TO FLY
Suspected Chinese spy pigeon detained for eight months is FREED after riddle over
‘secret message on its foot’ is solved

Spy pigeons have become an increasingly common sighting in India - with at least
three arrested in 2023

'A suspected spy pigeon has finally been freed after eight months in an Indian prison.
The alleged operative roused suspicion when it was found near a port in Mumbai in May
- with two rings bearing a message that "looked like Chinese" tied to its legs.

[Image: 2024-police-found-two-rings-876067849.jpg?w=670]
"No Mr Bond, I expect you to fly"

Police suspected the pigeon was spying on behalf of the Chinese government and took it
into custody, before sending it to Mumbai's animal hospital. After an eight-month-long
investigation, detectives revealed that the riddle on the bird's foot wasn't Chinese at all.

It has since emerged that the poor pigeon was actually an open-water racing bird from
Taiwan that had escaped and flown into India. Indian police immediately transferred the
falsely accused avian to the Bombay Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals,
who have since released it back into the wild.

Both birds are still being investigated.

In 2020 a pigeon was accused of being a Pakistan spy when it was captured along the
border between Indian and Pakistani controlled parts of Kashmir. The suspected spy
had been painted pink and was carrying a ring with numbers on it around its foot.

At the time, senior Superintendent of Kathua Police, Shailendra Kumar Mishra, told
local media that the coded ring was cause for concern. He said that while birds have
no boundaries and often fly across international borders, migratory birds tend not to
have rings tethered to them.

In 2016, a pigeon was taken into custody after it was found flying bearing a threatening
note to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The bird was found in the northern state of Punjab,
where there had been deadly clashes between Pakistani and Indian militants.

The note was written in Urdu, saying "Modi, we're not the same people from 1971. Now,
each and every child is ready to fight against India". And, in 2015 another pigeon was
intercepted, this time in Manwal village two and a half miles from the border.

One officer told NDTV: "This is a sensitive area as it is just along International Border.
"Infiltration is also quite common along this route." Tensions between India's neighbours
have reached a boiling point, with clashes alongside the Indian-Pakistani border, and the
Indian-Chinese border, becoming increasingly more common...'
Archived Sun  Article:

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-03-2024

Pigeon psyops! 8 month investigation?! LOL, were American bureaucrats involved?

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 03-05-2024

The daily struggle against technology continues... but NEVER let go of one's shipping trolley.
Shy

Quote:Helpless gran left dangling from shop shutters says 'it would only happen to me'

'A poor gran who's gone viral after being filmed dangling from a storefront admits it would "only happen to me".
Shopworker Anne Hughes, 71, was hoisted 7ft into the air by the electric shutters as she waited outside her
village store for it to open. Footage that's gone viral shows the gran being lifted off the ground while still holding
her shopping trolley.

She is left hanging upside down until a shopkeeper rushes to help her outside the Best One store in Tonteg, near
Pontypridd, South Wales. The worker cradles her in his arms and brought her back to the ground while another
worker slowly lowers the shutter.

Speaking at her home near the shop, Anne was able to see the funny side. She said: "I was just standing there
when my coat got caught and up I went. I thought flipping heck! "People say it could happen to anyone, no, it
could only happen to me! It's just lucky I've got a good sense of humour." Luckily, the pensioner wasn't injured
by the incident. Reports claimed she had a bruised face and black eye when speaking to local media – but she
said it was from another accident and not her shutter shocker.

She said: "I've been having falls for the past six months or so and the doctors at the hospital think it's from low
blood pressure - it was going up then! I was lucky my coat didn't break because I didn't want to land on my face
again."

The shop shared a video of the funny incident online, saying: "Don't hang about like Ann, come down to Best One
to get the best deals!!! The only thing going up in this shop is our staff, not the prices!!" Anne has been a cleaner
at the popular village store for over five years. Her workmates said she found it funny when she saw the CCTV
footage of her surprise with the shutter.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1951]
The nightmare and cheeky Ann!

One of them said today: "She is a lovely lady and it was quite a surprise for her. But luckily she wasn't hurt in any
way. We know customers have been looking at the video — and we are just glad she is well." Social media users
also praised her for staying calm during the "absolutely terrifying" incident.

One person said: "Fair play to her! I hope she's ok, and I'm guessing by the share that she sees the funny side of it,"
while another added: "Omg poor Ann!! Bless her heart. I'm glad she's okay xx"...'

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 03-15-2024

Er... Yeah.
Shocked

Quote:Fourth Russian Lukoil Exec Found Dead by Apparent Suicide

[Image: 2024-03-14_mgzdgpwl1i.jpg]

'The vice president of Russian Lukoil, Vitaly Robertus, has been found dead in his office in Moscow,
according to a Lukoil, making him the fourth top Lukoil executive to die since the Russian invasion
of Ukraine in March 2022. 

“It is with deep regret that we inform you that at the age of 54, the vice-president of the company,
Robertus Vitaly Vladimirovich, suddenly died,” Lukoil said in a March 13 press release, which did
not disclose the cause of death.

While the Lukoil press release avoided mentioning the cause of death, Russian Telegram channels,
both independent and linked to the Kremlin, reported on Thursday that the Robertus had been found
“hanged”.

According to Baza, which is believed to be associated with Russian security services, “shortly before
his death, Robertus complained about his health and asked for pills for a headache, after which he
went to his office and did not leave for several hours. Robertus did not answer his phone.

His employees decided to enter his office and discovered his body. The top manager committed suicide
and died of asphyxia. He worked for the company for about 30 years.”

Another telegram channel by VChK-OGPU news outlet claimed the Lukoil executive had no chronic illness
or family problems, and that friends had seen him the night before and he was with “sober mind and in
good health”. The veracity of this Telegram channel has not been independently confirmed.

Robertus’ death follows that of Lukoil Chairman Vladimir Nekrasov, who died of acute heart failure in
October 2023 and previous chairman Ravil Maganov, who died after apparently falling out of a window
of a Moscow hospital in August 2022. Prior to that, in May 2022, former top Lukoil manager Aleksandr
Subbotin was found dead in the basement of a home outside of Moscow under mysterious circumstances,
according to an RFE/RL report...'
OilPrice.Com:

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 03-18-2024

Bugger to Red Bull, it's the fear of jail-rape that gives you wings... and don't forget, it's 'shocking'!
Rolleyes -shocked look.

Quote:Shocking moment man wanted by cops plunges into pool from five-storey balcony to avoid arrest

'Shocking footage shows the moment a man leaps from his fifth-floor balcony into a pool to escape
police. As he dangles from the edge of the balcony a cop tries to pull him back over the ledge, but
he lets go, plummeting down into the water.

Stunned onlookers said the man climbed from the pool and kept running from cops after his reckless
jump. And someone who lived nearby said the man ran through his own back garden as he tried to flee.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1969]
Look Ma...

The footage shows him crouched on the ledge, surveying the drop beneath him. He then swings himself
off, dangling from his fingertips off what is presumably his apartment balcony. His flat, in Palm Beach,
Australia, looks to be around five floors up.

As his legs writhe mid-air he tries to clamber back to safety, but struggles to get a grip on the flat stone.
When a cop appears on the balcony he doesn't rush to pull the man back over, or offer him a hand very
quickly. They look to be having a brief conversation before he eventually reaches over the ledge.

But at this point the man lets go, falling into the pool metres below as his arms and legs flail.
Cops believe the man was under the influence of illegal substances at the time, 9news reports.
One of his neighbours, Errol, said: "I've never seen anything like it." And Seth, who saw the man
running through his garden, said: "I thought he needed help so I rang an ambulance.
"He was just going a bit crazy I think."

Police finally caught the man, in his 30s, later that afternoon. He had fled the apartment complex on foot
and made a beeline for his parents house. Cops haven't charged him with anything yet as they continue
their investigations. And miraculously he is thought to have only suffered minor injuries in the dramatic fall...'
The Sun:

I love any article that uses the words 'shocked', 'writhe' and 'stunning'
Smile thumbsup2
Might as well...

Meanwhile.

It's always the same with these good-lookin' wraithy types, you think you've found the perfect
ethereal partner and then discover they're also banging something other than doors. Maybe
seances aren't the ideal dating venues and news isn't what it used to be.
Shocked

Quote:Woman who married 'handsome' ghost encounters 'alcoholic devil' and gets 'rope burns'

Brocarde claims she met Victorian soldier Edwardo when the ghoul 'burst' into her bedroom,
but she later called in an exorcist to get rid of the cheating phantom

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1970]
Brocarde turning down the lights on her romance. (See what I did there?)

'A woman who claims she "married, divorced and was then stalked by a ghost" has turned into
a paranormal investigator - and says the ghost gave her his blessing. Brocarde, 40, says she
met a "devilishly handsome" Victorian soldier named Edwardo when he "burst" into her room
on a stormy night. They got married, but a year later, she ended things, accusing the spirit of
being unfaithful.

She even had to call in an exorcist to make sure Edwardo was gone for good. Now, Brocarde,
a singer-songwriter from Oxfordshire, is a paranormal investigator and believes she has the
approval of her ghostly ex-husband, The Mirror reported. She's explored the supernatural world
and says she's already encountered an alcoholic devil and rope burns.

During one investigation, she claims she was pulled out of bed by the ghost of a wicked hangman.
But now, she says she and Edwardo are at peace - and he's happy with her job as a ghost hunter.

She said: "I see spirits on a regular basis now, I'm hyper sensitive to ghosts and seem to attract
them. I consult mediums constantly to gain a better understanding of why this could be and to
make sense of my encounters. One medium suggested that Edwardo and I entered each others
lives for a reason and we have helped each other.

"This was quite comforting, as I didn't like the suggestion that Edwardo was trapped and distressed.
It's nice that Edwardo doesn't seem to mind me communicating with other spirits, he keeps his
distance now and hasn't been disrupt my life, his role has evolved. I sometimes see him in the
distance looking back at me, his harrowed expression has gone, he often smiles at me from afar,
like a guardian angel.

The long-haired supernatural soldier allegedly seduced Brocarde and the pair embarked on a
"turbulent" love affair in 2022. But as the relationship progressed, Edwardo became increasingly
possessive of the woman with 185,000 Instagram followers. Brocarde claimed she tired of the
"free spirit's" inconsistency and became irritated by the ghost's alleged "unsettling fascination"
with Marilyn Monroe.

She said: "Our relationship had always been turbulent from the beginning, with the stark contrast
of him being threatening and possessive and then warm and intense but I slowly began to tire of
being married to a free spirit, he was inconsistent, barely present. I came to the conclusion that
the journey with Edwardo had no positive conclusion and is energy was dragging me down."...'
The Daily Star:

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 03-21-2024

In the many villages and towns around the tail-end of England, folks now sleep safe in their beds. Sanguine
with the knowledge that the rubber-wrapped monster known as 'The Somerset Gimp' was now staring at the
evening sky through prison bars and feeling nought but an arrow-adorned shirt on his back.

But like in any successful opening of a play, there's always a second act.
Shy

Quote:Fears new Surrey gimp on the loose as man in 'very see-through tights' flashes dogwalker

[Image: 0_Screenshot-2023-11-03-at-103338.jpg]
He's back... and this time it's personal.

'A new Surrey gimp could be on the loose after a dogwalker claimed a man in tights "revealed" themselves.
An anonymous dog walker says an individual wearing a "black balaclava" and "very see-through" women's
tights exposed themselves on Balcombe Road, Surrey. Police have been made aware of the incident, where
a man was chased by the gimp.

It comes after reports of the infamous Somerset Gimp, with some fearing he "may still be out there" despite
a police arrest and court case. An anonymous tip-off read: "On Monday the 18th at 7:30am I was on a walk
along the worth way. I was met by a man just before the steps onto the Balcombe Road.

He was tall, olive skinned. He was wearing a black balaclava, blue beanie, black long sleeved top and women’s
black tights (very see through). "He interacted with myself and my dog before then bending over and exposing
himself to me. I then walked away and he followed me, I had to run up onto the Balcombe Road and he didn’t
follow me to the main road."

They are now appealing to members of the public for any information, as the gimp is "becoming physical"
and there are fears of an altercation with the mystery flasher. The unnamed dog walker added: "This has
been reported to the police, but I am asking for anyone else that has experienced this to come forward to
go to the police or contact me.

"He is getting closer and closer to becoming physical and I’d like to put a stop to it before that happens."
A fellow witness to the gimp added: "My husband was walking the dog at around 07:30 yesterday and came
across the person, exactly as you describe, down The Bower.

"He was walking behind my husband, but because of his odd demeanour my husband stopped to let him pass.
They exchanged a good morning and the man walked on and disappeared up the bank out of sight. My husband
mentioned this to me when he came back from the walk, but it is shocking to learn of your encounter and I hope
that you are ok."...'

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - Ninurta - 03-22-2024

I'm booking passage to Surrey first thing in the morning. Nothing makes my day like throat-punching weirdos. I'm too old to outrun him when he chases, but clothes-lining him is really not out of the question...

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-24-2024

Never a dull day in London...

[Image: YvPIrHE.jpg]

What did the horses see at Buckingham Palace? What a wild ride!

[Image: k1CrEd1.jpg]

[Image: HQxBGJs.jpg]

Bloody hell, Runaway Horses

[Image: A3OLGP8.jpg]
Quote:The Big Ben clock stopped on Wednesday morning, with the hands stuck at 9am and the wrong number of bongs sounded.

The Elizabeth Tower clock appeared to stop for about an hour, before showing the correct time again at 10:15am. Big Ben’s bongs also sounded 11am at 10:06am, despite the hands of at least two of the clock faces showing 9am.

A spokesman for the House of Commons said that the dials were “temporarily displaying the wrong time” but said that “no risks to the integrity of the mechanism had been identified”.

They added that teams “worked quickly to rectify the issue and carried out servicing to the mechanism, which has now completed”.

Sources said that occasional stoppages were part of the “bedding in” process for the clock, as the mechanism wears in.

Big Ben was silenced in August 2017 for four years, with the cost of the original work estimated to be £29 million. But the work was delayed, finally finishing in 2022. The clock stopped working twice in one week last July, a year after the completion of the £80 million Elizabeth Tower refurbishment project.

Big Ben clock stops as hands freeze at 9am

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-24-2024

(04-24-2024, 05:36 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: [Image: A3OLGP8.jpg]
Quote:The Big Ben clock stopped on Wednesday morning, with the hands stuck at 9am and the wrong number of bongs sounded.

The Elizabeth Tower clock appeared to stop for about an hour, before showing the correct time again at 10:15am. Big Ben’s bongs also sounded 11am at 10:06am, despite the hands of at least two of the clock faces showing 9am.

A spokesman for the House of Commons said that the dials were “temporarily displaying the wrong time” but said that “no risks to the integrity of the mechanism had been identified”.

They added that teams “worked quickly to rectify the issue and carried out servicing to the mechanism, which has now completed”.

Sources said that occasional stoppages were part of the “bedding in” process for the clock, as the mechanism wears in.

Big Ben was silenced in August 2017 for four years, with the cost of the original work estimated to be £29 million. But the work was delayed, finally finishing in 2022. The clock stopped working twice in one week last July, a year after the completion of the £80 million Elizabeth Tower refurbishment project.

Big Ben clock stops as hands freeze at 9am

It stopped short. So who died?

This came to mind as soon as I saw this.

Quote:It rang and alarmed in the dead of the night
An alarm that for years had been dumb
And we knew that his spirit was pluming for flight
That his hour for departure had come

Forgive me, the melancholy wave has not left me yet.

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 04-24-2024

(04-24-2024, 05:51 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Considering the state of London right now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had stolen the penny off the governor!
Smile thumbsup2

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-24-2024

(04-24-2024, 08:18 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 05:51 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Considering the state of London right now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone had stolen the penny off the governor!
Smile thumbsup2

Imagine their surprise when they find out the penny is fake.

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-29-2024

British Army Update:

[Image: skQEmF2.jpg]
https://twitter.com/BritishArmy/status/1784987111709348337

Truth takes time, we shall see. Sure

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - BIAD - 04-30-2024

While the youth in Colleges and Universities across the Western society are busy protesting because
they're secretly worried about dating, our cousins have ceded to an old human adage.
Monkey see, Monkey do.
Shy

Quote:Fearless monkey gang tear down anti-monkey posters in terrifying town uprising

'A gang of monkeys have taken action after posters appeared protesting their presence in a tourist hotspot.
Lopburi, Thailand, is known for its rich history, but it has another draw for visitors. In this city monkeys freely
roam the streets, rubbing shoulders with the town's human inhabitants.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2023]
Then.                                                                            Now.

This is no peaceful co-existence, however. With primate attacks increasingly common, tension between man
and monkey is at an all-time high and some want to see the primates gone for good. One group even put up
signs protesting against the monkeys living there on April 21. But an apparent counter-protest was launched
at about 6pm the next day, when the primate population would typically turn in for the night.

However on this evening an army of animals took to the streets and bit, tore down and destroyed more than
30 of the posters. Local outlet Thairath reported fed-up locals put signs up to show their dissatisfaction with the
Thai Department of National Parks and monkey tourism. The banners called on officials to catch the monkeys
and release them back into the wild.

Other posters questioned whether Lopburi drew in tourists to experience the city's history or just to look at the
wayward apes. Lopburi relies on monkey tourism as a significant source of income and even hosts an annual
Monkey Buffet Festival on the last Sunday of November.

This sees a banquet of fruit laid out among the ruins of the Phra Prang Sam Yot temple to show appreciation
for the town's apes. However, over the last few years, the monkeys have grown rambunctious. Two years ago
a primate turf war brought Lopburi to a standstill as monkeys descended on the city centre in search of food.

The hungry primates had gone without nearly as much food as they were used to as Covid restrictions stopped
tourists from visiting, and therefore feeding the apes. A joint task force made up of local government officials
and the Army are now working to catch the monkeys and move them into a facility...'
Daily Star:

An Answer...?

[Image: a0282c41-90ff-4c3b-b999-3edf6963d32a_text.gif]

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - Ninurta - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 08:30 AM)BIAD Wrote: While the youth in Colleges and Universities across the Western society are busy protesting because
they're secretly worried about dating, our cousins have ceded to an old human adage.
Monkey see, Monkey do.
Shy

Quote:Fearless monkey gang tear down anti-monkey posters in terrifying town uprising

Daily Star:

An Answer...?

One crucial difference between the protesting monkeys and the protesting students is that the monkeys are at least protesting in defense of their own kind, whereas the students are protesting on behalf of a population that would, if given half a chance, kill every damned one of the protestors...

Which begs the question: why are today's college students not even as smart as monkeys? Don't they have admissions criteria any more?

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 05:17 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 08:30 AM)BIAD Wrote: While the youth in Colleges and Universities across the Western society are busy protesting because
Monkey see, Monkey do.
Shy

Daily Star:

An Answer...?

One crucial difference between the protesting monkeys and the protesting students is that the monkeys are at least protesting in defense of their own kind, whereas the students are protesting on behalf of a population that would, if given half a chance, kill every damned one of the protestors...

Which begs the question: why are today's college students not even as smart as monkeys? Don't they have admissions criteria any more?

Our young people have watched this country go to Hell in a hand basket. They are not just silent quitting their jobs, they are silent quitting the world.

They see only a future for the haves. They don't want to contribute or walk the path that they think has placed them where are now standing.

I think that are damn smart in some ways, and damn stupid in others.

I don't blame them for being angry, rebellious, and non-compliant. I blame them for allowing themselves to be used as tools for the same system that is enslaving them.

RE: The 'Weirder' Side Of News! - Ninurta - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 07:09 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Our young people have watched this country go to Hell in a hand basket. They are not just silent quitting their jobs, they are silent quitting the world.

They see only a future for the haves. They don't want to contribute or walk the path that they think has placed them where are now standing.

I think that are damn smart in some ways, and damn stupid in others.

I don't blame them for being angry, rebellious, and non-compliant. I blame them for allowing themselves to be used as tools for the same system that is enslaving them.

That is very likely the absolute and unvarnished truth, and it is exactly why I have no sympathy for them.

They have the gumption to bestir themselves to "protest" on behalf of a bunch of cold blooded killers who would wipe them out at the drop of a hat if given the chance (those poor, poor, bloodthirsty murderous bastards!), but they DO NOT have the gumption to get off their asses and put the effort in to improve their own lives in the direction they would like to see them go.

Their priorities are all fouled up, and they will NEVER get the world they want, or the lives they want, with such screwed up priorities.

They think everything should just be handed to them with no effort on their part... and much of that attitude is OUR fault for handing them everything when they were children. But now they are no longer children, and cold hard reality in the real world is kicking their soft asses... and they don't have the gumption to change it.

None of the rest of us had anything simply handed to us. Not our generation, not our parents' generation, not our grandparents' generation. Matter of fact, the best service our parents and grandparents did for us was to instill that notion that you never get anything for nothing - you've got to put at least some effort in to get what you want. we did not teach our kids that, and now we are seeing the results of raising a lazy, shiftless, "Gimme" generation.

Now that is a generalization. There are those standout individuals in their generation that were raised right, have the gumption, and will get the lives they want and deserve. But, by and large, we raised the generation that will end the world, or at least humanity's presence (and influence) in it.

Shame on us.

Humanity has ONE hope, and one hope only - the old truism about generations that goes:

Hard times make hard men.

Hard men make soft times.

Soft times make soft men.

Soft men make hard times.

Humanity has only the hope that enough hard men will be produced to carry it through the hard times and make the world better. Most of the kids I see protesting these days are NOT those necessary hard men.