Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
New Jersey Has Enacted the Largest Gun Ban in US History - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Hot Button Issues (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: New Jersey Has Enacted the Largest Gun Ban in US History (/showthread.php?tid=672)

New Jersey Has Enacted the Largest Gun Ban in US History - Infolurker - 05-26-2023

Here we go, I would guess that an intentionally broad anti firearms bill was passed so that they can pretty much turn almost anyone with a firearm into a felon. BB guns, Black powder, Slingshots?

This is not good and like NY where it is a felony to have a piece of plastic with a spring in it, you can bet that the Police will gladly enforce it and find ways to charge you. 

The bill was ostensibly intended to outlaw firearms without serial numbers

There are NO exceptions and there is NO grandfathering. This was the largest gun ban ever passed in the history of the United States.

The law bans ALL firearms with a “…firearm frame or firearm receiver …which is not imprinted with a serial number registered with a federally licensed manufacturer…”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-new-jersey-has-enacted-the-largest-gun-ban-in-us-history/

Quote:the law is quite clear that for a firearm to be legal in New Jersey, it has to have a serial number and the serial number must have been imprinted by a federally licensed firearm manufacturer.

That means your Daisy BB gun — which under the state’s expansive and idiotic gun control laws is actually considered a firearm — may have a serial number on it, but Daisy isn’t a federally licensed gun maker. As a result that Red Ryder in your kid’s closet now makes you a felon.

The implications, however, are far wider than that. Think of every pre-1968 firearm owned by New Jersey residents. The Garand that Gramps brought home from the war in Europe? Felony. The duck gun that your uncle bought in 1955 and left to you in his will…congratulations, you’re now a felon, too.

Again, under the state’s God-awful gun laws, air guns, pellet guns, CO2 guns, muzzleloaders and black powder guns are all considered firearms. So if they don’t have serial numbers that were imprinted by a federally licensed gun maker, they’re now illegal.

Technically that Canik TP9 that’s made in a factory in Turkey…but not one that’s federally licensed by the US government…is also banned. Yeah. Think about that.

Nappen tells us that the law criminalizes the possession, sale, transport, and even the disposal of guns that are outlawed under the law that was passed last year. That means a local gun store that has unserialized pellet guns, muzzleloaders, or pre-1968 firearms for sale in their used gun counter has also committed a felony. A bunch of them, actually. And they’ll commit more of them if they try to dispose of them.

RE: New Jersey Has Enacted the Largest Gun Ban in US History - Ninurta - 05-27-2023

See? This is why I never travel to foreign communist countries like New jersey. They have batshit crazy laws that cannot be reconciled with the US Constitution.

Federal law specifies that antique firearms and black powder weapons are not "firearms" for the purpose of law in the US. So my black powder revolver, made in Italy, is not even a "firearm", much less an illegal one in the US, by definition. In the People's Democratic Republic of New Jersey, however, it would be. it has a serial number, but one imprinted by an Italian manufacturer, not a "Federally licensed" manufacturer, making it "illegal" in that foreign nation that New jersey has become.

The original of this revolver, the one it was copied from, was made by a Confederate gun manufacturer. So, even though the original also has a serial number, again it was not a "Federally licensed" gun manufacturer, as 160 years ago, it too was made in a foreign nation, not the US. It was only in 1865 or so, after a violent invasion, that the US annexed that foreign nation and made it "America" too... but the pistol had already been made in a foreign land.

So, New Jersey can kiss my ass. There are better, more sane, places to spend my money, and I have no desire to travel there. If such lunacy comes to my country, then I'll handle that when it comes. They're welcome to try to come and arrest me for having it. Should be a fun contest for a few minutes, and I don't have that long left on this clown-world rockball anyhow. Certainly not long enough to put up with being enslaved. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

RE: New Jersey Has Enacted the Largest Gun Ban in US History - 727Sky - 05-27-2023

Lex iniusta non est lex--St. Augustine.

When all the guns have been banned and all the words censored. When all the history removed and freedoms taken...You'll discover why our right to bear arms was so high on the list.

"To conquer a nation, First disarm it's citizens."  

-Adolf Hitler