Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Ultra Short Pulse Laser is a big deal IMO - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: War, Peace or Inbetween (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Ultra Short Pulse Laser is a big deal IMO (/showthread.php?tid=589)

Ultra Short Pulse Laser is a big deal IMO - 727Sky - 05-14-2023

The Ultra short pulse Laser shoots a beam traveling at 300 million K a second which means nothing will run away if it is targeted.  This new Laser is called a pulse Laser and shoots with more power than I thought possible just a few years ago due to better material science.
If they can make a 7 or 8 pound rifle with this technology (think Terminator) I want one !!

RE: Ultra Short Pulse Laser is a big deal IMO - 727Sky - 05-14-2023

SR-72 son of Black Bird ??

RE: Ultra Short Pulse Laser is a big deal IMO - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 12:29 PM)727Sky Wrote: The Ultra short pulse Laser shoots a beam traveling at 300 million K a second which means nothing will run away if it is targeted.  This new Laser is called a pulse Laser and shoots with more power than I thought possible just a few years ago due to better material science.

If they can make a 7 or 8 pound rifle with this technology (think Terminator) I want one !!

Nothing beats the advancement of high tech military weapons.

[Image: Rbgxvyr.jpg]
Eraser (1996)

Eraser movie trivia Post production: The original name of the Cyrez corporation was "Cyrix". However, Cyrix, (Defunct in 1997) a microprocessor corporation and rival of Intel, protested. The name was then changed digitally in any scenes where the name appeared in a fairly costly process for the time, and dialogue redubbed. Some instances of the "Cyrix" logo are still visible in the finished film. They were sued by Intel claiming in-house reverse engineering & patent infringement, but Cyrix won the lawsuit. In 1997 Cyrix merged with National Semiconductor who also already held an Intel cross-license. National Semiconductor ran into financial trouble soon after the Cyrix merger, and these problems hurt Cyrix as well. By 1999, AMD and Intel were at war in leapfrogging one another in clock speeds.

Long story, but this was the origin of how the el cheapo Intel Celeron's came into existence from 1998. By 2002 I had a few shoe boxes of these ultra low-end chips...some that never made it to market due to the eXtremely stressful & fierce competition with AMD at the time. Having anything with AMD logo or even mere inference of AMD on your person was strictly forbidden. Emails, forum/chat rooms, your company cell phone, even the freakin cafe's were monitored for forbidden chatter. You never knew who were the Gestapo listening in on conversations and after 3 strikes you were reassigned to the 'basement' pending a board review of much ass chewing followed by re-education training seminars & quizzes. In hindsight it was hilarious, but at the time was terrifying to many.

The Intel Celeron brand was finally discontinued in 2023 and they will now just blend it in with plain vanilla "Intel Processor" - which includes the 30 year "Pentium" brand - out of sight, outta mind.