Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Sylvester Is In The Hospital - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Pets Place (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: Sylvester Is In The Hospital (/showthread.php?tid=582)

Sylvester Is In The Hospital - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-11-2023

Sylvester scared the poop out of me this morning, and made my heart stand still. He also made a liar out of me.

I always tell my crits that they had better behave themselves, and if they got into trouble, I was going to bury them in the back forty, because there was no way I was going to spend my hard earned coin on taking then to the vet, because they decided to be stupid.

Well when Sylvester started making the most God awful noise I have ever heard in my life, I could not get him to the vet fast enough. Sylvester is the quiet one, but his growlish screams put my loud mouth Enoch to shame.

Crazy thing was that the Huskies would have a melt down every time he would do that growling scream thing. I tried to keep them away, but all four Huskies had to be around him, licking him, and whining. Enoch look scared, but he tried to comfort him too.

I rushed him to the vet, and found out he had a urinary blockage. I just got a call from the vet telling me he was doing fine. He was awake from the anesthesia, and he will leave the catheter in until morning. He will see how well he does urinating on his own, and if he does well he can come home Saturday.

The house is so quiet and so still. The Huskies and Enoch are so depressed. I can't wait to see what they are going to do when he comes home on Saturday.

Right now Sylvester is still groggy so he won't really realize he is in strange country until tomorrow.

So much for the freeze dried salmon treats. Now I am afraid to even give them to the dogs.

The cats and the dogs love them, but I think they may be just too much of a good thing.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - VioletDove - 05-11-2023

Sounds like it was a scary time for all of you. I hope Sylvester feels better and the furry gang can be back together soon.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-11-2023

(05-11-2023, 08:27 PM)VioletDove Wrote: Sounds like it was a scary time for all of you. I hope Sylvester feels better and the furry gang can be back together soon.

They are all quiet and moping. I went for a walk with Tamar and she was doing so well, until a rabbit darted from the bushes, and she was off like lightning, but she came back in short order. I guess it just wasn't as much fun knowing a member of her pack was missing.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - chris_stibrany - 05-11-2023

That's not good at all, mate.

At least 2 of our cats have died from urinary/kidney problems.

He may not have been getting enough water and has serious kidney issues.

I would get that checked out perhaps.
Or find a way to get him to ingest more liquids.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - SomeJackleg - 05-11-2023

(05-11-2023, 08:11 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Sylvester scared the poop out of me this morning, and made my heart stand still. He also made a liar out of me.

I always tell my crits that they had better behave themselves, and if they got into trouble, I was going to bury them in the back forty, because there was no way I was going to spend my hard earned coin on taking then to the vet, because they decided to be stupid.

Well when Sylvester started making the most God awful noise I have ever heard in my life, I could not get him to the vet fast enough. Sylvester is the quiet one, but his growlish screams put my loud mouth Enoch to shame.

Crazy thing was that the Huskies would have a melt down every time he would do that growling scream thing. I tried to keep them away, but all four Huskies had to be around him, licking him, and whining. Enoch look scared, but he tried to comfort him too.

I rushed him to the vet, and found out he had a urinary blockage. I just got a call from the vet telling me he was doing fine. He was awake from the anesthesia, and he will leave the catheter in until morning. He will see how well he does urinating on his own, and if he does well he can come home Saturday.

The house is so quiet and so still. The Huskies and Enoch are so depressed. I can't wait to see what they are going to do when he comes home on Saturday.

Right now Sylvester is still groggy so he won't really realize he is in strange country until tomorrow.

So much for the freeze dried salmon treats. Now I am afraid to even give them to the dogs.

The cats and the dogs love them, but I think they may be just too much of a good thing.

your not a liar, folks love their animals, their family and you will do anything you can do and or afford for them. there's been a time or two that i had to let a couple go cause i couldn't afford the treatment they recommended, and then couldn't say if they make it or not. it a tough thing to do. i also have one i sometimes wish i would have let go the crying little shit. he's was roamer, would go out in the mornings and stay gone for a day or two. one morning i found him in the back yard gut shot and vet said he may or not make it. spent all my mad money i had rat holed. now he's a house and tether cat, and he whines 16 hours out of 24 every day inside or out. when in he whines to get out after the yard cats,  when he's out he whines cause they won't won't have anything to do with him. male or females. both try every now and then, they nuzzle with him and he nuzzles back for a minute or so then he either turns into horn cat or big bad yellow tom. then that's it for a day or so. then they try again and the stupid cat does the same again.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-11-2023

(05-11-2023, 09:16 PM)chris_stibrany Wrote: That's not good at all, mate.

Sylvester and Enoch drink more water than the Huskies, and Huskies don't eat a lot of food but they consume serious amounts of water.

My cats are free eaters. They get one can a day, and are free to eat their dry food at will. They had been getting the Rachel Ray salmon and rice, which they love, but I had started giving them the freeze dried salmon cubes from Costco as a treat. I think that was what did it. Too much fish. My vet said he was putting him on a special urinary tract diet. So I am preparing for having to give up one of my standard treats, to allow it to fit my budget. I know whatever food I am going to have to switch him to, will not be cheap.

My vet is awesome and he is also a very close friend, so I know that he is in good hands. He got treatment before it was a complete blockage, so he has that on his side too. So all I can do now is wait, and pray.

(05-11-2023, 09:23 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote: your not a liar, folks love their animals, their family and you will do anything you can do and or afford for them. there's been a time or two that i had to let a couple go cause i couldn't afford the treatment they recommended, and then couldn't say if they make it or not. it a tough thing to do. i also have one i sometimes wish i would have let go the crying little shit. he's was roamer, would go out in the mornings and stay gone for a day or two. one morning i found him in the back yard gut shot and vet said he may or not make it. spent all my mad money i had rat holed. now he's a house and tether cat, and he whines 16 hours out of 24 every day inside or out. when in he whines to get out after the yard cats,  when he's out he whines cause they won't won't have anything to do with him. male or females. both try every now and then, they nuzzle with him and he nuzzles back for a minute or so then he either turns into horn cat or big bad yellow tom. then that's it for a day or so. then they try again and the stupid cat does the same again.

He sounds like my Enoch. He is so damn loud. He is demanding and he thinks he is the Alpha of the pack. He is just damn lucky that Maxx is so damn lazy that he is pleased when his son Goliath or Enoch play Alpha. Maxx just looks at them and seems to laugh.

Sylvester is the quiet one but he loves to play, and his favorite play mates are Maxx and Tamar. He will play with Bellah and Goliath, but they lose interest too fast for him.

Darn. Just got called out. Weekend is starting early.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - chris_stibrany - 05-12-2023

(05-11-2023, 09:33 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 09:16 PM)chris_stibrany Wrote: That's not good at all, mate.

Sylvester and Enoch drink more water than the Huskies, and Huskies don't eat a lot of food but they consume serious amounts of water.

My cats are free eaters. They get one can a day, and are free to eat their dry food at will. They had been getting the Rachel Ray salmon and rice, which they love, but I had started giving them the freeze dried salmon cubes from Costco as a treat. I think that was what did it. Too much fish. My vet said he was putting him on a special urinary tract diet. So I am preparing for having to give up one of my standard treats, to allow it to fit my budget. I know whatever food I am going to have to switch him to, will not be cheap.

My vet is awesome and he is also a very close friend, so I know that he is in good hands. He got treatment before it was a complete blockage, so he has that on his side too. So all I can do now is wait, and pray.

(05-11-2023, 09:23 PM)SomeJackleg Wrote: your not a liar, folks love their animals, their family and you will do anything you can do and or afford for them. there's been a time or two that i had to let a couple go cause i couldn't afford the treatment they recommended, and then couldn't say if they make it or not. it a tough thing to do. i also have one i sometimes wish i would have let go the crying little shit. he's was roamer, would go out in the mornings and stay gone for a day or two. one morning i found him in the back yard gut shot and vet said he may or not make it. spent all my mad money i had rat holed. now he's a house and tether cat, and he whines 16 hours out of 24 every day inside or out. when in he whines to get out after the yard cats,  when he's out he whines cause they won't won't have anything to do with him. male or females. both try every now and then, they nuzzle with him and he nuzzles back for a minute or so then he either turns into horn cat or big bad yellow tom. then that's it for a day or so. then they try again and the stupid cat does the same again.

He sounds like my Enoch. He is so damn loud. He is demanding and he thinks he is the Alpha of the pack. He is just damn lucky that Maxx is so damn lazy that he is pleased when his son Goliath or Enoch play Alpha. Maxx just looks at them and seems to laugh.

Sylvester is the quiet one but he loves to play, and his favorite play mates are Maxx and Tamar. He will play with Bellah and Goliath, but they lose interest too fast for him.

Darn. Just got called out. Weekend is starting early.

I have a feeling he will be okay then Smile

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-13-2023

They have been open an hour now. No call back about Sylvester yet. ?????

Enoch had done a complete personality change. He has become so needy. He has to be with you all the time. He wants to be a lap cat, all the sudden.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-13-2023

Sylvester is home!

On antibiotics twice a day for 14 days.

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - F2d5thCav - 05-13-2023

Good to hear.

Tell him all our tails are wagging at the news.  Shy

Cheers

RE: Sylvester Is In The Hospital - Chiefsmom - 05-16-2023

So glad to hear Sylvester is going to be ok!

I say all kinds of mean things about chucky, our wild child, but I would be lost without him, and my poor Oscar (dog) wouldn't know what to do if he didn't have to walk slow past any open doorway in fear of being attacked!  LOL