Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
My Apologies - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: My Apologies (/showthread.php?tid=572)

My Apologies - A51Watcher2 - 05-08-2023

Today was a very odd day.

I called my mother this morning to check on her as I always do and she was very angry and described an incident that supposedly happened with me yesterday that never happened.

I came over later that day and took her shopping for some items at Kroger and she was in there for an extremely long time so I went in there and found her and she said she couldn't find her way out.

She called me back later today and apologized and said she was wrong and said you know how my memory is.

So tonight I was going through various music threads here and was very surprised and shocked to see many many posts that I had not given a rating for.

Normally I am very meticulous about giving everyone who posts in a music thread a positive rating.

Hearing music that is new to me is one of my favorite things in life.

Tonight as I was browsing I found a TON of posts that I had not rated, even a few that came before I posted one after them.

I cannot blame being so busy in the edit bay because I have limited myself not to make any new posts until I have rated all the ones before me.

So to any and all who have noticed this and felt slighted please accept my sincere apology.

I will not be making any new posts until I have this current project done.

I am also worried that my mind may be going the way of my mothers, possibly dementia.

Love ya all.

RE: My Apologies - BIAD - 05-08-2023

If it helps, I can tell you that as we grow older -and often without realising it, we settle into a
manner of categorising what our objectives are and there is a marked difference from when we
were in our teens and middle age.

Small incidents and regular habits become more important and sometimes to miss something in
a daily task can bring on a feeling that it one's mind that may be failing. I can assure you it isn't.

In one's early years, there are many balls to juggle including the art of learning to be an adult in
a system that demands attention. Relationships need constant monitoring, acquiring money to
live a better life and then the daunting aspect of raising a family, all facets that the average adult
deals with and certainly not components of a good existence that one would wish to fail at.

Blame is a great demon to have on one's back, we cannot avoid its constant whispering and our
vigilance to not have others see us flounder in our duties is one of the major reasons we dream.
Hence, one focuses on the obligations one has agreed to and even seek emotional benefits from
what we do.

But the routines becomes easier as one adjusts to the harness of these regular features in our lives
and eventually these standards are absorbed so deeply that one doesn't realise that what one once
was -our self, is bandaged in this code of behaviour and we get used to looking upon them as mere
formalities.

The bottom-line is that the older one becomes, the less balls one needs to juggle. But since the majority
of people have spent their lives in the many styles of the hamster-wheel of betterment, one still feels the
'muscle-memory' of our earlier times.

So, to fill in the gaps of what was once a busy lifestyle, we fill in the spaces of previous responsibilities
with smaller routines, mundane tasks that one convinces oneself are as meaningful as other undertakings
of one's past.

However, they are embellishments of the genuine important tasks of earlier times and our subconscious
know it! Yet, we dress them up as essential acts and assume that one's same muscle-memory will hold
them to a high standard of previous functions.

If I may, it's not dementia... we just sometimes miss catching one of the balls because it wasn't that
important as other things we've done in our past.
Shy

RE: My Apologies - DaphneApollo - 05-08-2023

I think there’s something wrong with the site itself!

I’ve noticed I’d already given reputation, to go back and check and wouldn’t be done.  

Don’t worry A51 it’s the site.  You’re not going bonkers this site is   Big Grin

RE: My Apologies - SomeJackleg - 05-09-2023

(05-08-2023, 04:49 AM)A51Watcher2 Wrote: Today was a very odd day.

I called my mother this morning to check on her as I always do and she was very angry and described an incident that supposedly happened with me yesterday that never happened.

I came over later that day and took her shopping for some items at Kroger and she was in there for an extremely long time so I went in there and found her and she said she couldn't find her way out.

She called me back later today and apologized and said she was wrong and said you know how my memory is.

So tonight I was going through various music threads here and was very surprised and shocked to see many many posts that I had not given a rating for.

Normally I am very meticulous about giving everyone who posts in a music thread a positive rating.

Hearing music that is new to me is one of my favorite things in life.

Tonight as I was browsing I found a TON of posts that I had not rated, even a few that came before I posted one after them.

I cannot blame being so busy in the edit bay because I have limited myself not to make any new posts until I have rated all the ones before me.

So to any and all who have noticed this and felt slighted please accept my sincere apology.

I will not be making any new posts until I have this current project done.

I am also worried that my mind may be going the way of my mothers, possibly dementia.

Love ya all.

yea i was like what the hell 17 alerts, i've never gotten more than 3 or 4 after being gone for a week or so, logged on and saw 17 alerts and was like damn.

hey man don't sweat it we all got a memory deal of some sort, or get busy and forget.
what i hate is when i walk around the house, yard, garage, looking for something that's on my head, in my pocket, or even worse in my hand that i know i just had.