Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news (/showthread.php?tid=547)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - Bally002 - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 09:36 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: This is actually Tucker's real test.  Can he make it without being part of Fox ?

Cheers

I used to watch Tucker even here across the pacific.  I didn't mind him.  I'm sure the man will find a niche (not that he needs it).  

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 05-10-2023

So Tucker has a 10 million dollar contract still in effect until 2025 which stops him from going with another network. TPTB at fox are doing everything they can in a smear campaign to weaken his status and earning potential with another network.

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 01:14 PM)727Sky Wrote: So Tucker has a 10 million dollar contract still in effect until 2025 which stops him from going with another network. TPTB at fox are doing everything they can in a smear campaign to weaken his status and earning potential with another network.

I wanted to respond to your post but decided against it.

I don’t like Tucker and I didn’t view his videos, so I can’t say anything more than I have said before. 

I am happy for his devotees if this make them happy. Entertainment provides its own form of satisfaction, so I am not going to repeat myself.  

I am going to follow the wisdom of that old adage, for once. Since I have nothing good to say, therefore, I am not going to say anything at all.

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 05-18-2023

youtube video with 229K views in 8 hours...not to bad as far as views go

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 05-19-2023

Climate and China

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 05-20-2023

A discussion on Epstein's death

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 05-21-2023

Biden, Hunter, FBI, and other idiots

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 05-30-2023

How we are told what is important when there are many other things that will and do affect us as individuals and as a nation.

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - BIAD - 05-30-2023

On this side of the pond, the major sections of the British media are also putting on a stage show of
'TV Presenters And Their Woes'. (Source:)

Having sold their souls for corporate money, they are attempting to distract their viewers and readers
with the same palace-intrigue that's used on movie celebrities.

It works on two levels, One- it replaces the need for expensive and time-consuming genuine investigations
of those who've bought their trade and Two -it helps to promotes autocue-reading mouthpieces to the status
of so-called luminaries.
Sure

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - quintessentone - 05-30-2023

It's odd watching CNN and hearing about Fox because the talk is that both have moved into a more independent (middle of the political road) way of behaving for the media. 

Let's see the polls regarding the right/left/independent numbers because the millenials and upcoming generations are favoring a democratic government, but they don't seem to be motivated to vote. How to motivate people to vote? Either make them angry or very concerned about something that affects them.

So it looks like independents have the numbers, so does this explain CNN and Fox turnaround? Viewer numbers?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - F2d5thCav - 05-30-2023

BIAD--

What grinds my jaws the most, is all this is at the cost of society in general.

Because it leaves us uninformed, propagandized, and dumbed-down.

Did it all have to head in the direction of 1984 everywhere ?

Cheers

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-30-2023

(05-30-2023, 05:40 PM)quintessentone Wrote: It's odd watching CNN and hearing about Fox because the talk is that both have moved into a more independent (middle of the political road) way of behaving for the media. 

Let's see the polls regarding the right/left/independent numbers because the millenials and upcoming generations are favoring a democratic government, but they don't seem to be motivated to vote. How to motivate people to vote? Either make them angry or very concerned about something that affects them.

So it looks like independents have the numbers, so does this explain CNN and Fox turnaround? Viewer numbers?

I am nonpartisan, and I am a Boomer. I gave up on the two party system a long time ago.

The young ones are smart enough to believe the lying, corrupt leaders when they show them what they are, and to ignore what they claim to be.

Maybe the next generations will expose just how much of farce the whole system is.

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - BIAD - 05-30-2023

(05-30-2023, 06:30 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: BIAD--

What grinds my jaws the most, is all this is at the cost of society in general.

Because it leaves us uninformed, propagandized, and dumbed-down.

Did it all have to head in the direction of 1984 everywhere ?

Cheers

I agree with you totally, the sad-part is that on most levels it is done in the pursuit of money and fame
by those who are damaging our society. Maybe Orwell picked-up on that pattern of destructive behaviour
and assigned a different reason to it!
Shy

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - quintessentone - 05-30-2023

(05-30-2023, 06:50 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 05:40 PM)quintessentone Wrote: It's odd watching CNN and hearing about Fox because the talk is that both have moved into a more independent (middle of the political road) way of behaving for the media. 

I am nonpartisan, and I am a Boomer. I gave up on the two party system a long time ago.

The young ones are smart enough to believe the lying, corrupt leaders when they show them what they are, and to ignore what they claim to be.

Maybe the next generations will expose just how much of farce the whole system is.

I am also in the middle with my needle moving left or right depending on the issue. I pick an issue important to me and vote accordingly. I am also a boomer (tail end) and have seen a lot of politics in my time.

Young or old, if you want to believe to fit your narrative, you will believe.

With AI threatening our information media feed, I hope the younger generations get savvy really fast to figure out what is a lie and what isn't. They and we have to be smarter than the disinformation out there.

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 06-09-2023

Right or Wrong this does not look good for Fox News
https://lists.youmaker.com/links/8m9J4ltlo/Jlid8tcrj/b3XK0cBSvO/JW5mGh0qsm

Quote:[/url]
Tucker Carlson’s Lawyer Responds to Fox News Contract Breach Allegations
Some conservatives call for boycott of Fox News after reports surface
[Image: id5229244-GettyImages-1332866552-1200x800.jpg.webp]
Tucker Carlson in Esztergom, Hungary, on Aug. 7, 2021. (Janos Kummer/Getty Images)
[Image: Jack-Phillips.jpg.webp]
By Jack Phillips
June 8, 2023Updated: June 8, 2023
biggersmaller
Print

0:005:37

A lawyer for Tucker Carlson has issued a response after reports claimed that Fox News sent a letter accusing Carlson of violating his contract by launching his own Twitter show this week.
“Fox defends its very existence on freedom of speech grounds. Now they want to take Tucker Carlson’s right to speak freely away from him because he took to social media to share his thoughts on current events,” Carlson’s lawyer, Bryan Freedman, said in a June 7 statement to Axios, appearing to confirm reports that Fox News notified Carlson’s lawyers about a possible contract violation.
A letter was sent by Fox News’ counsel, Bernard Gugar, to Carlson’s attorneys stating that he now “is in breach” of his contract with Fox News after he premiered the first episode of his new Twitter show, “Tucker on Twitter,” on June 6. The first installment has generated more than 100 million views on the social media platform.
“In connection with such breach and pursuant to the Agreement, Fox expressly reserves all rights and remedies which are available to it at law or equity,” the letter from Gugar reads, according to Axios.
The Epoch Times couldn’t verify the authenticity of the contents of the letter.
“This evening we were made aware of Mr. Tucker Carlson’s appearance on Twitter in a video that lasted over 10 minutes … pursuant to the terms of the Agreement, Mr. Carlson’s ‘services shall be completely exclusive to Fox,'” the letter reads, appearing to quote Carlson’s contract.
The letter further stipulated that Carlson’s contract states that he’s “prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether ‘over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised.'”
About a month ago, Fox News issued a statement saying it had parted ways with Carlson for unclear reasons. Neither Fox nor Carlson has publicly commented on the split, although Carlson hinted in a video last month that he may have reported on topics that the company’s management disagreed with.
As of June 8, neither Carlson nor Fox News has issued public comments about the letter sent to the former host’s lawyers. Fox News and Freedman didn’t respond to a request for comment from The Epoch Times about the letter.
In the one month after Carlson’s exit, Fox News has seen its primetime ratings slump, according to Nielsen. But Fox is still the No. 1-rated cable news channel overall, a spokesperson for the company recently pointed out in a statement to The Epoch Times.
With the recent drop in ratings, a conservative-led boycott could be devastating for Fox. Multiple major brands targeted for boycotts, including Target and Bud Light maker Anheuser-Busch, have seen their shares plummet in recent weeks.
Target’s stock has dropped by about 16 percent in the past month, while sales of Bud Light have posted year-over-year declines for consecutive weeks starting in early April. Target was criticized for selling LGBT products for children, while Bud Light received backlash for its decision to produce a beer can with a transgender influencer’s face on it.
Representatives for Fox News didn’t respond by press time to a request by The Epoch Times for comment on the recent calls to boycott the channel.
Calls for Boycott
After the Axios report was published on June 7 about Fox’s demand letter, some conservative influencers and journalists issued calls for a boycott while criticizing Fox News.
Longtime journalist Glenn Greenwald, who had frequently appeared on Carlson’s former Fox News show, wrote that “this is pathetic of Fox,” noting that “they fired Carlson, and now their position is: he’s not allowed to speak.”
[Image: id5319534-tucker-hannity-600x400.jpeg] An advertisement features Fox News personalities, including Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity, in New York on March 13, 2019. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
“He didn’t go to a competing network. He has no contract with Twitter. He’s just speaking on social media. And to Fox, that’s cause to threaten to sue him. They want him quiet,” Greenwald [url=https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1666557077760688128]wrote on Twitter.
“Ideology played a big role in Carlson’s firing. He was increasingly at odds with GOP establishment dogma. His primary targets, besides CIA/FBI, were the Mitch McConnells and Lindsey Grahams, along with Biden’s Ukraine war policy. Fox wants to re-boost the GOP establishment.”
Another major conservative account, Rogan O’Handley, or “DC Draino,” suggested that Fox News viewers boycott the channel: “They claim it’s a breach of contract. Maybe we boycott Fox News until they stop trying to silence one of the biggest voices before the 2024 election?”
Responding to the development, commentator Jason Whitlock wrote, “I have not turned on Fox News since the last day of Tucker’s show. I will not turn on Fox News ever again. Channel doesn’t exist to me. It’s not an option. I don’t watch much TV other than live sports. I watch old movies on Amazon Prime. Maybe once a week I turn on CNN. I get my news from Twitter. I’m shocked to say that. But this is where I stay up to date.”
And Patrick Byrne, founder of Overstock.com, wrote: “Boycott Fox News.”

Control the narrative control the society

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - Ninurta - 06-09-2023

The saga continues.

Personally, If i were Tucker's lawyers, I would not have led with "they jus' tryna squelch muh FREE SPPECH!". Instead, I would have quoted their initial announcement, highlighting their own wording that "Fox News has parted ways with Tucker Carlson", and alleged that "parting ways" was THEIR initial breach of contract, freeing Tucker from any contractual obligations via that initial breach.

THEN I would have started hammering on "muh FREE SPEECH!" as a secondary complaint.

Then I would have said something to the effect of "Y'all SURE you wanna go there? Lets DO this, then! Put up or shut the hell up and lemme live in peace!"

But I'm not a lawyer, so they probably know better how to handle it...

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 06-11-2023

100 million views in 4 days and Fox news does not have a leg to stand on as there is no contract between Twitter/Musk and Tucker.. I certainly do not agree with every opinion he utters but I do agree it is his right to say whatever..https://youtu.be/LM6OiLuUE6c

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 06-14-2023

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 06-21-2023

RE: Tucker Carlson is no longer at Fox news - 727Sky - 07-15-2023

Undercover Feds everywhere during Jan 6th... can we smell a false flag event ?